Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Jul 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3435767)   #126
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Surely Monza SWC in 1992 was the absolute low-spot for finishers: The Lees/Ogawa Toyota won by 2 laps from the Warwick/Dalmas Peugeot- which IIRC was actually upside-down in a gravel trap at the time the chequered flag fell...

A couple of other cars were still running, but were too many laps down (90% of winners' distance) to be classified as finishers...

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...992-04-26.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_500km_of_Monza
Old 20 Jul 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3435769)   #127
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's true! I did actually re-check the latter half of the 92 WSC but not the pre-LM ones as I didn't remember such attritions to happen in race with slightly more entrants
Old 20 Jul 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3435775)   #128
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank god for Monza 92, thought for a minute there this series was in trouble.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3435781)   #129
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only 6 cars left
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/inj...-a-six-unites/
Old 20 Jul 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3435784)   #130
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Little late to the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout View Post
Thank god for Monza 92, thought for a minute there this series was in trouble.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 00:00 (Ref:3436026)   #131
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Just went onto the Official Website and they haven't even got the race results up yet. I mean if they can't be bothered then why should the fans.

And if you want to know who's running in the series then check the practice results cause the website has no official entry list or profiles on teams/drivers other than a few press releases.

I know it's on a budget but this is basic information. Thank god for a few people here in this forum and Sportcar365 else you wouldn't even know the outcome or information on the race.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3436041)   #132
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Is it just me, or are the ACO living in their own reality. This might be how they want things to play out but it looks silly making statements like this when you have 1 CN car and 2 P2 cars in your last race.

"The ACO’s Asian delegate, Frederic Henry Biabaud, confirmed the CN class and new-for-2015 LMP3 categories will be run separately in the Asian LMS, with no Balance of Performance measures planned to equalize the two platforms. CN cars are in the first of a three-year commitment in Asia. Only a single car will take the green flag on Sunday, although more are expected for the next round in Fuji.
"
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/asian...rday-notebook/

You have one platform not introduced and the other platform has 1 car. There isn't much performance to balance.

Last edited by The Snout; 21 Jul 2014 at 00:39.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3436087)   #133
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout View Post
Is it just me, or are the ACO living in their own reality. This might be how they want things to play out but it looks silly making statements like this when you have 1 CN car and 2 P2 cars in your last race.

"The ACO’s Asian delegate, Frederic Henry Biabaud, confirmed the CN class and new-for-2015 LMP3 categories will be run separately in the Asian LMS, with no Balance of Performance measures planned to equalize the two platforms. CN cars are in the first of a three-year commitment in Asia. Only a single car will take the green flag on Sunday, although more are expected for the next round in Fuji.
"
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/asian...rday-notebook/

You have one platform not introduced and the other platform has 1 car. There isn't much performance to balance.
The first Gen LMP3 cars should be based largely on CN4 cars I guess? So there shouldn't be any problems with close racing. Looks like the AsLMS managers are really struggling to fill the grid with every idea they can think of.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3436112)   #134
sequentialbox
Racer

sequentialbox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the official press release:
"With a fantastic grid of teams and cars the spirit of Le Mans racing, combined with rising Korean motorsports passion, was everywhere throughout the event, and clearly enjoyed by the 5000 spectators that attended the event. As the first race in the 2014 Asian Le Mans Series the 3 Hours of Inje showed a huge potential interest in Le Mans racing in Korea."

Seriously, if i was working for ASLMS i wouldnt be that bold in a statement,these continuous great press releases just make them looks stupid.

No live timing, no live steaming, not even results posted on the website or facebook page, this is not even on par with a club series...

Doesn't look good for the future and i feel sorry for the team and drivers who invested in running cars in there
Old 21 Jul 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3436119)   #135
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this point, I think AsLMS needs a strong organization to promote the series. Better yet, I think this series needs to be handled by the combined effort of the GT Asia and Super GT organizers.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3436137)   #136
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequentialbox View Post
"With a fantastic grid of teams and cars the spirit of Le Mans racing, combined with rising Korean motorsports passion, was everywhere throughout the event, and clearly enjoyed by the 5000 spectators that attended the event. As the first race in the 2014 Asian Le Mans Series the 3 Hours of Inje showed a huge potential interest in Le Mans racing in Korea."

Seriously the one writing this utter PR crap either lies better than corrupted drug smuggling politician during election run, or is dangerously delusional.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3436298)   #137
Deleted
Veteran

Their site's top story is still qualifying results... I guess they got bored of their own product (who could blame them)

"For those interested", apparently there will be 1 hour highlights on Motors TV @ 2nd of August. I'm sure it'll be a cracker
Old 21 Jul 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3436343)   #138
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well at least photos taken by John Dagys at Inje is awesome. Never thought actual racing can take place in that kind of stunning view.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3436350)   #139
Deleted
Veteran

I did spot couple of nasty apartment blocks right next to the track in those Dagys pics though, had bit of North Korea feel to them...

Anyway Okayama 1000km had very similar feel in forestry surroundings

Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3436424)   #140
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I did spot couple of nasty apartment blocks right next to the track in those Dagys pics though, had bit of North Korea feel to them...

Anyway Okayama 1000km had very similar feel in forestry surroundings

"The circuit is part of a larger complex, named the Inje Auto Theme Park, that includes a hotel and condominiums."

So probably explains the condos. But the scenery is stunning. Track deserves more racing series to visit it just for that.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3436428)   #141
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequentialbox View Post

Seriously, if i was working for ASLMS i wouldnt be that bold in a statement,these continuous great press releases just make them looks stupid.

No live timing, no live steaming, not even results posted on the website or facebook page, this is not even on par with a club series...

Doesn't look good for the future and i feel sorry for the team and drivers who invested in running cars in there
Totally agree, basic website update of results and some photos/video is absolute basic information for your fan base who can't watch the racing live.

Combine that with the ACO talking about how to manage P3 and CN next year when they only have 2 cars (1 car running) at the first event is just insulting the fan base intellgence.

I love my prototypes and they need to chip away at it, but for god's sake be realistic and professional about what you do have.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3440063)   #142
Deleted
Veteran

Immensely impressed with this article J Goodwin put together, no unecessary sugarcoating of the horrid situation
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...d-comment.html

Also the bit by GG

Quote:
DSC remains supportive of the drive for an Asian presence for ACO rules racing but the abject denial of issues in the public facing communications from the Series raises hackles and questions. Certainly we are mightily relieved that we did not commit to our scarce race budgets by travelling to South Korea for this one!
Although I wouldn't really say Inje itself had much to do with the terrible grid
Old 2 Aug 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3441050)   #143
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
"For those interested", apparently there will be 1 hour highlights on Motors TV @ 2nd of August. I'm sure it'll be a cracker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEQQ...ature=youtu.be

Well I liked the grid girls. And those landscapes. Umm. Yeah I think that was it?

It was rather genius of them to show onboards most of the time, even at the start, so that the viewer wouldn't accidentally visualize the size of their grid.

Oh and P2 and CN podiums were amazing at the end.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3441152)   #144
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Cheese

What's in Mark Thomas's head? Team Taisan just sneak out of the ship: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...an-lms-return/

Interesting quote from Mr Chiba:

Quote:
Chiba, meanwhile, confirmed that his team will not defend its title in the Asian Le Mans Series this year, despite having initially being on the full-season entry list.
So, if Taisan they have no interest in the series, what were they doing in the official season entry list?
Old 3 Aug 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3441156)   #145
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Presumably either Taisan have looked at the situation and thought 'no, let's not bother with this', or the AsLMS people have been playing even more fast and loose with reality than we thought over that full-season entry list.

Could it be that some of the cars that were on the full-season entry list but didn't show at Inje are actually a figment of the AsLMS PR team's collective imaginations....?
Old 3 Aug 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3441166)   #146
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah maybe it was their ultimate fantasy list... but even at that they were doing bad job when all they could come up with in the initial entry list was 15 cars but hey, roughly half of them did materialized for the first round (and third actually raced), so it's all super duper positive
Old 3 Aug 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3441220)   #147
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Veggie

Taisan gone. KCMG gone. BBT gone. Craft bamboo Racing doesn't seem in good shape too. At Inje they raced one car out of three and their LMP2 has been long rumoured to be for sale.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3441224)   #148
Deleted
Veteran

And they have new CN category which they have publicly said needs to be get rid of. Welcoming.

Probably the only way you would get entries for this shipwreck of doom is if at every race all the class winners - or heck all entrants - got automatic invites for Le Mans

You know when you have a series that on top of the laughable PR lines of "fantastic grid of teams" and "huge potential interest in Le Mans racing in Korea" produces 52 page overviews of the media attention their latest event got, you really do have to wonder how delusional they really are.
http://www.asianlemansseries.com/wp-...rs-of-Inje.pdf
Old 5 Aug 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3441538)   #149
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is too ambitious of Mark Thomas or ACO to organize an international series in Asia, when there is not much of a sportscar culture here. People in Asia outside of Japan are not really into endurance racing.

I don't think Asia needs a series of 4 or 5 races. It needs one big race. A race that is very big where all the big sportscar names attend and the spectators can camp by the side, with beer festivals, food festivals, music concerts, children play area... etc. (Just like Le Mans itself.)

You do this one big race year upon year and then people will start fighting for an entry and that's when you get your series.

Right now you spend hundreds of thousands to take part in AsLMS and if you win it you get to take part in a race that is held 8,000 miles away with very little media coverage over here. Last year KCMG paid Hong Kong's TVB to go to Le Mans with them to get some publicity, the big news they got in the end was that the TVB starlets got molested at Le Mans...

http://dailynews.sina.com/bg/ent/hkt...594705115.html

Great way to promote Le Mans style endurance racing. AsLMS should consider itself lucky to have 6 cars.

Last edited by Asa; 5 Aug 2014 at 05:33.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3441872)   #150
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Mark Thomas sold a big dream to ACO. ACO bought it. Let them sleep together.

Meanwhile Wolf enters a factory CN car from Fuji: http://wolfracingcars.com/notizie/in...Le-Mans-Series

But not all their customers are happy on Facebook: Vignesa Moorthy (Nexus team owner) What a joke. This is the worst company ever. 2 customer cars in Asia broken and no parts. And they have to ship their car in - lame attempt at trying to restore their brand.