Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 May 2002, 22:35 (Ref:280614)   #1
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Test day upsets

The Le Mans test day did have a few surprises in store for us.
Here are a few of them that caught my attention!

Dutch Glory!

The Dome was a bit dissapointing, the Carsport Entry a disaster but the Spyker C8 Double 12 overcame all restrictions by the ACO the claim a creditable sixth place in Class with a mighty lap.

There's life in the old lady!

Although run by a world class team with excellent drivers, who might have guessed that the Lola B98-10 that is run as the Valliante Proto went 18th fastest and that for an 4 year old design that was deemed flawed at the end of 1999.
The Valliante touch has rubbed off on the old lady which she rightly deserves.

Prodrive

Perhaps its a 333SP in disguise but the Prodrive has shown a pace it has never shown before. Corvette don't worry they say but what if?........... The 3.5 Litre Pug's were deemed to fragile once...

your reactions please
Old 8 May 2002, 23:09 (Ref:280627)   #2
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was surprised that the Mog was so slow and that the Lehto Caddy underwhelmed.
Old 9 May 2002, 08:30 (Ref:280776)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
were carsport even there?!?!
Old 9 May 2002, 09:27 (Ref:280801)   #4
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18th plac for the Lola isn't really that inspiring for an LMP900 car, is it?
Old 9 May 2002, 10:46 (Ref:280850)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Test day upsets

Quote:
Originally posted by LMP900

Prodrive

Perhaps its a 333SP in disguise but the Prodrive has shown a pace it has never shown before. Corvette don't worry they say but what if?........... The 3.5 Litre Pug's were deemed to fragile once...

your reactions please
To be honest I wasn't that surprised by their pace- that car has always been fast, but until now hasn't shown it's real potential in ACO-legal trim. I don't see it being reliable enough (yet...) to take the GTS win, but it's going to give the Corvettes a headache while it lasts....
Old 9 May 2002, 15:33 (Ref:281035)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparantly the Morgan had mechanical problems and didnt do many laps, the team say that they're confident of doing a 4:20 lap in qualifying.
Old 9 May 2002, 15:45 (Ref:281046)   #7
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ferrari will do well if its possible pace compensates for its possible visits to the garage. i think enge though rivals were sandbagging a little anyway.
Old 9 May 2002, 17:09 (Ref:281130)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Apparantly the Morgan had mechanical problems and didnt do many laps, the team say that they're confident of doing a 4:20 lap in qualifying.
Yep, the Morgan only completed 12 laps before they lost what must be presumed to be their only engine with a dropped valve.
Old 9 May 2002, 19:23 (Ref:281236)   #9
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was the Carsport entry a disaster? I'd call 6th in class pretty good.

The Dome is bad, as were the Corvettes and the Panoz cars.
Old 9 May 2002, 20:59 (Ref:281318)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Morgan lost an engine in a shakedown test last week too, i'll have to look it up in the motorsport bible!!!
Old 9 May 2002, 21:15 (Ref:281328)   #11
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Morgan are capable of running a 4.20 in qualifying,then they'll be very near the back of the grid.
PM
Old 12 May 2002, 21:27 (Ref:284227)   #12
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Lola is 4 years old and as I said it wassn't a succes now one would suggest that a 4 year old car should be competitive but it doesn't work that way in sportscar or most other forms of motorsport for that matter.
The car did very well and with that showed that DAMS are pretty good, something that Caddy failed to notice
Old 13 May 2002, 07:41 (Ref:284640)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry that I missed the debates for last week...

My impressions :
- the track : definitely wonderful when you're in front the new curve (downhill)... what fights we have here ! I really changed my mind about that
- the cars : what to say about the Panoz results (BTW in comparaison with Courage i.e.) ? Major deception for me. The others were all wonderful ! We expected a lot from Dallara and MG, and... they are here ! And how ! The Pesca is a major deception... but remember MG last year... I can't wait to see the first laps this year : I really want a FIGHT between Audi, Dallara, Bentley, MG... oh boy, it's gonna be fast !
- I'm really stupid about the lap times : when I heard the results lap by lap on RLM, I couldn't believe what I heard... and we leaved the track so early... when I saw the results on internet (at Interlaken, an internet cabin in a street that stolen me 4 SF/minute !), I was jumping ! The Porsche was roaring after that, you can believe me !
- PQ : it was definitely worst it ! For the first time I went at Ayse favourite point of view (Welcome), and we made a trip by foot ALL AROUND the points where you can see the track... not too much crowd, easy to eat something... wainting for the next PQ ! (I'm kidding...)
- the GTS : Ferrari killed the Corvette stars , but they won't hold 24 hours...
- LMP 675 : who after MG ? Will they make it 24 hours ? Not sure, but we need another great team in this category... the Mugen Panoz should be here...
- GT : where is the Callaway (sob & sight) ? Spyker was nice, Morgan was... mmmm...
- I had forgotten how good is the short straight between La Chapelle and Tertre Rouge : we're so close from the cars ! And good view on the stability entering the Hunaudières ( don't forget I'm french !) straight... Audi and Dallara really the best here... Panoz catastrophic... Maranello impressive

I've got so much to say... let's keep some for next threads !