Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Feb 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3506603)   #426
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Planning permission has been confirmed for the Battersea races on 27&28th June.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117730
Old 19 Feb 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3506643)   #427
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Battersea layout revealed: http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...een-light.aspx

Basically 3 slow left turns and 5 chicanes. Far from the proposed layout that looked very fast and flowing.
It's the same combination of the North Parade, where the start finish line is and Carriage Drive. Shame they felt it necessary to put a chicane in the middle of the South stretch of Carriage Drive.

I didn't know the track was anti-clockwise.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3506655)   #428
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's the same combination of the North Parade, where the start finish line is and Carriage Drive. Shame they felt it necessary to put a chicane in the middle of the South stretch of Carriage Drive.
Memory playing tricks, sorry. Still, putting a chicane on the backstretch makes T10-T11 much less challenging all of a sudden.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3506658)   #429
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Memory playing tricks, sorry. Still, putting a chicane on the backstretch makes T10-T11 much less challenging all of a sudden.
Fairenough. I agree with what you say about T10-T11 and it would have been the only really long straight on the track, where they could open up the cars. I think they missed a trick there.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3508050)   #430
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Things are progressing with the drivetrain regs:

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...manufacturers/
The CEO has some very sensible words about technology's role in racing:

"One of our objectives from the beginning was to promote technology competition but we cannot do that as organisers of the championship, we need ‘actors’ to join and to develop technologies to fight against each other in the races. Through this fight we improve the technology and then with this improved technology we improve electric cars in general."*
Old 23 Feb 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3508138)   #431
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are we talking manufacturers here or simply teams wishing to further develop their cars? I can't really see for example Andretti to develop a new engine.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3508543)   #432
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the layout for berlin: http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calend...n-circuit.aspx

dont like the 3 chicanes at the end of the lap
Old 24 Feb 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3508553)   #433
freemam29
Rookie

freemam29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uni project survey 'Formula 1 vs Formula E'

Hey peeps. Hope you're well.

My name is Andy and I am currently at uni studying Engineering. One of my assignments is a research project and my chosen topic is 'Formula 1 vs Formula E'.

For this project I have been tasked with gathering data information to get to a definitive conclusion. For this I have created a simple survey which literally takes a couple of minutes to complete. Would it be possible for you kind people to complete it. It would be very much appreciated.

The link to the survey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZW7892

Again, many thanks

All the best
Andy
Old 25 Feb 2015, 11:57 (Ref:3508766)   #434
Clervaux
Rookie

Clervaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Berlin track looks very twisty but more of a natural race track than some of the layouts seen so far. Quite optimistic that it will provide some good racing action
Old 26 Feb 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3509075)   #435
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing how Beijing was so awful, but Punta del Este actually had a proper layout. They seem to be schizophrenic about good design. Liking Berlin and Moscow so far, but we'll see for sure in May.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 02:06 (Ref:3509102)   #436
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it strikes me as a shame that berlin has a vast amount of space at their disposal, but uses a tinysmall area presumably either under the 'better for spectators' banner or perhaps 'keeps to smaller winding tracks because cornering and acceleration is more visually impressive' or even 'car's not all that fast but the first year is about promoting an idea and a principle'.

i adore tempelhof, it's an epic building and the airfield has a fascinating history so i hope there's some more work done with the press to explore that. my realistic side says that there's too many different attitudes towards exploring the events of the world wars, particularly between germany and the uk. so nothing will be said or done. bit of a shame really.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3509263)   #437
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it strikes me as a shame that berlin has a vast amount of space at their disposal, but uses a tinysmall area presumably either under the 'better for spectators' banner or perhaps 'keeps to smaller winding tracks because cornering and acceleration is more visually impressive' or even 'car's not all that fast but the first year is about promoting an idea and a principle'.

i adore tempelhof, it's an epic building and the airfield has a fascinating history so i hope there's some more work done with the press to explore that. my realistic side says that there's too many different attitudes towards exploring the events of the world wars, particularly between germany and the uk. so nothing will be said or done. bit of a shame really.
It's an odd layout isn't it? As you say with all that space available it seems a waste to just use the apron in front of the main building. The upside of course is that the backdrop of the race coverage will be dominated by the building - which is of course an amazing piece of architecture.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 13:56 (Ref:3510044)   #438
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got my ticket for Berlin. Having a back to back summer holiday with the N24 the previous week.

The track looks better than some of the others - more fast and flowing and less 90 right, 90 left etc. My main worry is that it will end up looking like Sochi with barriers and fences everywhere, making visibility limited.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 18:00 (Ref:3510090)   #439
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It's an odd layout isn't it? As you say with all that space available it seems a waste to just use the apron in front of the main building. The upside of course is that the backdrop of the race coverage will be dominated by the building - which is of course an amazing piece of architecture.
As you can see from these two pics, especially the second one the apron is quite a large area.

Old 28 Feb 2015, 21:22 (Ref:3510132)   #440
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's not a huge percentage of the entire site though, that's the point. between 10-15%, at a vague guess. it's a massive place.

the existing bits of concrete/tarmac don't necessarily join together in a way that would allow them to make a decent circuit out of it i suppose. not when you take the scale of the runways into account.

obviously given it's a completely flat space visibility will be limited by debris fences and that sort of thing but if they put the grandstands high enough then actual visibility of the entire layout will be epic.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3510143)   #441
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's not a huge percentage of the entire site though, that's the point. between 10-15%, at a vague guess. it's a massive place.

the existing bits of concrete/tarmac don't necessarily join together in a way that would allow them to make a decent circuit out of it i suppose. not when you take the scale of the runways into account.

obviously given it's a completely flat space visibility will be limited by debris fences and that sort of thing but if they put the grandstands high enough then actual visibility of the entire layout will be epic.
I've been to Berlin and you can see how massive it is in the first pic. I don't the layout as it is with the runways would make for a particularly good track, then again there is that peripheral road.

Old 4 Mar 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3511732)   #442
Clervaux
Rookie

Clervaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least it looks like a completely different circuit and backdrop than what we have seen earlier in the season. Should bring its own unique atmosphere to the event and that can only be a good thing I think.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3513409)   #443
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cash flow problems for Formula E according to autosport.com, history repeating :-)
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3513418)   #444
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Cash flow problems for Formula E according to autosport.com, history repeating :-)
Which article is that?
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3513458)   #445
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Which article is that?
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117973

The last line is: "The new investment comes at a time when Formula E is known to be facing cash-flow problems."
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3513464)   #446
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117973

The last line is: "The new investment comes at a time when Formula E is known to be facing cash-flow problems."
Thanks, .
Old 11 Mar 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3514124)   #447
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA Formula E may the next year or 2017 to go to Montreal, gave Denis Coderre clues and Jacuqs Villeneuve also interested Formula E full time.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3514187)   #448
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
FIA Formula E may the next year or 2017 to go to Montreal, gave Denis Coderre clues and Jacuqs Villeneuve also interested Formula E full time.
JV in Formula E, now that would be interesting.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3514265)   #449
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope to see Villeneuve at the Indy 500 again.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 10:25 (Ref:3515046)   #450
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Track layouts for FE are just dictated by the nature of electromobiles booted with narrow road tyres. They won't be impressive in flowing turns, so you need more chicanes and 90-degrees. But high torque compensate it a bit during acceleration, as, I think, longitudinal forces are not so demanding for the tyres as lateral ones.