Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jan 2004, 21:25 (Ref:838461)   #26
Hybrid
Racer

Hybrid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cav
Don't know who you are or where your from - but I can guess

Your last post shows the kind of attitude which is bringing motorsport to its knees.
The Aussie racer is a cut and shunted 600 Legend and to quote you "I cant for the life of me understand how these blokes get off on the tangent of copying someone else,why dont they come up with their own ideas."

All my first post was stating was that there are alternatives to this series and I believe that they will be equally good for the racer.
I will not and have not ever knocked anyones product. If you look at my site it is stated that the times are average only, The Hybrid has done alot faster than the 1.10 but as stated it's an average.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 00:31 (Ref:838670)   #27
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the issue here is not the "copycat" formula but the concerning restraint of trade that these spec formula's have.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 00:51 (Ref:838687)   #28
Hybrid
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Chucky
I think the issue here is not the "copycat" formula but concerning restraint of trade that these spec formula's have.
Agree 100%
And the problem with this is not the cars - which all perform much the same, but the prices that are charged for what is called an entry level car. No one I have ever talked to has been unhappy with the performance or the racing however there are quite a few that can not afford to keep running them. This is why there are now plenty for hire before a race , people are trying to recoup some of there money. Again this is not having a go at Phil as I know that around $1200-1500 per round goes to the TV rights.
The issue I am trying to address is giving people a choice which at the moment they don't have.
What are people doing with their old cars ? why can't people buy them and enter a cheaper series, surely this is catering for the cash strapped new comers ?
Old 15 Jan 2004, 10:31 (Ref:839045)   #29
cav
Racer

cav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hybrid I wasnt having a shot at your car as it looks real and is like an Aussie Racer Car it was at the other space cadet thing that is off the planetI was having a go at. Sorry about that.Chucky there are one make series here and all over the world Maseratti, MG, Lotus Elise,Aussie Cars, Deawoos, Carrera Cup and there doesnt seem to be a restraint of trade with them, I dont understand your post as it seems there are a lot of manufacturer supported series everywhere and all the cars are standard as manufactured or with controlled mods.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 13:01 (Ref:839185)   #30
Hybrid
Racer

Cav go back and read your posts. You were having a shot at me and your still having a go at Futureracers.
By your last post you don't understand the issues involved and be buggered if I'm going to explain them to you.