Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2527240)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen and Alonso pair up

This rumour comes straight from Italy. A friend of mine called me last night to tell me about the rumour that is now floating around in the press over there.

The rumour is that the team announcement will be Kimi and Alonso as drivers for Ferrari in 2010.

Just thought I would throw this out to the dogs.

[EDIT] We have a tag for titles to separate truth from rumours, please make use of it to avoid future problems and infractions, thanks.

Last edited by Bononi; 24 Aug 2009 at 17:24.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2527243)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So what about Massa, then? I can't see them resting him for a year because that may do more harm than good, and I can't see them giving him the boot because that would just be heartless

Can't see it happening
Old 24 Aug 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2527320)   #3
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see it either. It'll be Alonso and Massa. Kimi's heart isn't in it anymore.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2527340)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa is hugely popular at Ferrari. Can't see him sacked.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2527343)   #5
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see Massa getting sacked, he just won't ever be fit enough to race again. He can't risk taking another knock to the head.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2527365)   #6
AJLav
Rookie

United States
Montgomery, AL, USA
AJLav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see this happening unless Massa is never cleared to race again...
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2527386)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
To echo previous posters, I can't see Massa being dropped unless he is declared unfit to race. It would be wonderful to see Alonso & Raikkonen head-to-head though.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2527392)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Makes even less sense than the rumor Vasha had reported hearing this weekend, Alonoso and Massa at Ferrari F1 and Kimi moving over to head a new Fiat rally team.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2527394)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The dilemma Ferrari has is that they can't really confirm their plans for next season until they know if Felipe will be race-fit for it.

I suppose it's remotely possible that Kimi and Fernando could be the race drivers for next season, with Felipe being the test driver before taking over from Kimi in 2011.

I don't see how anyone who has watched the last two races can say that Kimi's heart is no longer in it. Off-topic, but am I wrong in thinking that he has grown his hair much longer over the break?
Old 24 Aug 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2527397)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Makes even less sense than the rumor Vasha had reported hearing this weekend, Alonoso and Massa at Ferrari F1 and Kimi moving over to head a new Fiat rally team.
That's because that rumour definitely makes sense, as it's the one that's been doing the rounds for ages
Old 24 Aug 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2527402)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
This rumour comes straight from Italy. A friend of mine called me last night to tell me about the rumour that is now floating around in the press over there.

The rumour is that the team announcement will be Kimi and Alonso as drivers for Ferrari in 2010.

Ask your friend for links, I didn't see any around here... and you guys Climb and Inigo Montoya ??
Old 24 Aug 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2527408)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
The dilemma Ferrari has is that they can't really confirm their plans for next season until they know if Felipe will be race-fit for it.

I suppose it's remotely possible that Kimi and Fernando could be the race drivers for next season, with Felipe being the test driver before taking over from Kimi in 2011.

I don't see how anyone who has watched the last two races can say that Kimi's heart is no longer in it. Off-topic, but am I wrong in thinking that he has grown his hair much longer over the break?
AFAIK there's no dilemma about this, but who am I to say it is not true. Felipe has 95% of his left eye recovered and he's going to Miami to a special recovery treatment of this issue, the same one that treated DaMatta. That said, it's almost certain that he'll be there in 2010.
On a funny side, I watched Felipe racing in a Ferrari at Interlagos this weekend, for a top driver he just average with a joystick, though he ranked his own performance as abysmal.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2527520)   #13
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
OK, so if Ferrari really have to retain Raikkonen and Massa isn't going to be back until after the end of the season, why don't they re-establish their links with their old B team Sauber?

Sauber are struggling to survive right now - Peter has got together with Petronas to put a bid together and this is said to contain Ferrari engines. Meanwhile, Ferrari have 3 drivers vying for 2010 seats, with 1 injured right now, and on top, they have Michael who seemingly wants to get back into F1 again. 3 of the 4 drivers are former Sauber employees - Michael in sportscars, Kimi and Felipe in F1. So surely the ideal scenario for Ferrari would be to help out Sauber financially, give them Massa so he can have a year seeing how he gets on, and slot in his mate Michael alongside, with Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari. Then, in 2011, Kimi can go and do what he wants and they have a drive free for Massa, Buemi or Kubica or whoever they want to put in there, and they also have a team they can plant their juniors in from the development programme they want to start up. Not only that but their junior would be partnered with the best in the business

This would work out really well for all parties - Ferrari get 2 extra seats and their awkward dilemma is solved, Sauber get 2 big name drivers which will help with merch sales, sponsorship and development of the team, all 4 drivers get drives for 2010 with no messy contract pay-ups or anything like that, and the fans get to see Kimi vs Alonso at Ferrari and the Big Schu back in F1 to race against the new generation
Old 25 Aug 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2527611)   #14
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Are you serious?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2527617)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No links on the rumour. It was just something that was read in an Italian newspaper. My take on it is that Massa is not well at the moment and if that continues to be he case then speculation would be Kimi and Alonso.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2527839)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
My take on it is that Massa is not well at the moment and if that continues to be he case then speculation would be Kimi and Alonso.
Well, there are plenty of links to prove the contrary, it's not like he's living in an isolated country like North Korea or something... and there's nothing on italian newspapers about that. Take your time to re-read my previous posts, maybe it would help.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2527854)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I was thinking that as Felipe is massively loyal to Ferrari and as he maybe not race fit for a fair while, he may be 'persuaded' to take a year out, or spend a year with a Ferrari endorsed team and then return to Maranello race seat in 2011.

I doubt he would do it out of choice but if there were certain sweetners and a sniff still of a reasonable car (plus he would be able to re-acclamatise a little more out of the media frenzy of Ferrari) it is possible I guess?

In reality though paying off the last year of Kimi's contract will still be a relatively small beer financially for Ferrari/Fiat. They'll do what they have to.

The other thing is does anyone actually know what Kimi's contract extension actually entailed when he re-signed last September?? It was widely reported that it was mega bucks but could it actually have been perfromance related, or with an option on either side to call it a day one year early?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2527863)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Bono, it's not that I am saying Massa is out for life, he is unwell at the moment meaning he can't get into an F1 car at the present time. Potentially decisions can be made for the present set of circumstances....like Kimi be on standby before you get the boot.

I was just passing on what was said to me...true or untrue. Geez, do I have to provide evidence of links and hard copies of newspapers? Why don't you just close this thread...it will be alot easier on you.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2527874)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

While there is no official word from Ferrari, the Alonso thing will be on. A while ago spanish and later on an italian newspaper linked to the FIAT group put Alonso alongside with Felipe, and after the accident people started to put Alonso with Kimi, like this very one.
I believe that if it turns out to be the truth, it will be very interesting to see how Ferrari will get rid of Kimi or Felipe's contracts, even if one could say it's not a big deal for a company like FIAT. It simply don't work that way.
People keep saying that Kimi is on his way out, but honestly I can't see this happening by his own will. But anyway, who knows ?
On the other hand, it's easy now to jump on conclusions about Felipe's future in F1. In the end, Felipe might not be fit for F1 anymore, though all signs show the opposite, who knows ? Time will tell.
If I would bet in someone for Ferrari, I would go for Vettel. His profile is Ferrarish and there's someone inside Ferrari's heart that can help this to happen, but again, who knows ? Time will tell.
Right now, there's nothing official, and both drivers have a contract until the end of 2010, like Felipe himself said on sunday. We can speculate about how Ferrari would deal with Felipe recovery and Kimi's allegedly lack of compromise, but it's all about rumours and the friend of a friend who knows someone in the know...
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2527940)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
To echo previous posters, I can't see Massa being dropped unless he is declared unfit to race. It would be wonderful to see Alonso & Raikkonen head-to-head though.
I'm bloody annoyed because i can't remember for the life of me where i saw it, but i did read somewhere of Fernando and Kimi racing for Ferrari in 2010 with Felipe being "loaned out" for the year then being brought back in 2011 after Kimi's contract expires. That would seem incredible to me but it could be a solution for Ferrari, also gives Felipe a year to get back to full fitness and indeed, Ferrari a full year to evaluate him.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2527986)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This rumour comes straight from Italy.
That's a relief, I'd be worried if it came from somewhere with journalistic credibility.

Quote:
A friend of mine called me last night to tell me about the rumour that is now floating around in the press over there.
This "friend" wouldn't resemble a 2m high rabbit, answering to the name of Harvey?

Quote:
Really you should never, ever trust tall speaking rabbits. Or short ones for that matter.

Quote:
Woof!
Old 27 Aug 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2529347)   #22
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That's a relief, I'd be worried if it came from somewhere with journalistic credibility.

This "friend" wouldn't resemble a 2m high rabbit, answering to the name of Harvey?
:
these probably even got Jimmy Stewart to chuckle Sir Mallett....I did.

for the younger crowd, Jimmy was Jackie's older brother who did a wee bit of acting ;-)
Old 28 Aug 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2530052)   #23
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
...Felipe being "loaned out" for the year then being brought back in 2011 after Kimi's contract expires.
Williams are looking for good engines & a star driver (neither of which they really have enough money for)

It all makes sense now ;-)