Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1349555)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where will they rank at Willowbank?? (Official Thread)

Interesting noise around this race meeting....

... it seems that there is a distinct (strong) possibility that the Aussie Race Cars, and indeed the MoPro Lotii may not be seen at the QR meeting due to some paperwork issues... not sure whether it is a lack of paperwork... but somewhere somehow the required paper is nowhere to be found.

It should free up the meeting timetable a little more, and not squish the tiny paddock so much

Anyhoo... who will compete well at Queensland Raceway....

- P.Radisich
- P.Morris
- G.Seton
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Jul 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1349561)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR have seemed to be consistently strong there. I think a dark horse could be Steven Richards. HRT have good form to take there too.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1349567)   #3
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR's test track, so im expecting a SBR whitewash, with usual suspects HRT/888/CPR either fighting for the lead or picking up the scraps.

If HRT beat SBR here it could be a big turning point for the championship.

Interesting how you said free up the schedule, what else is travelling there?. Performace cars?
Old 7 Jul 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1349915)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe!
Interesting how you said free up the schedule, what else is travelling there?. Performace cars?
At this stage, the race schedule is missing from the V8Supercar site... but it seems the AVESCOites are none too happy at losing 2 categories from the program... and that the organisers of both will likely earn the wrath of TC sooner rather than later... something to do with contracts or somesuch... which could put future rounds and/or category management rights at risk.

Meantime, the Supercars will be the highlight of the weekend, as they should be... might even get the morning warm up back
Old 7 Jul 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1349918)   #5
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The HPDC series is running at the same meet Nafe.

HRT have been very quick at the 'paperclip' for the last 2 years when, really HRT weren't at the top of their game. Now they have returned to form after wins at Shanghai & HV, I expect HRT to give the Qld Ford teams plenty of curry in 2 weeks time. A lot will depend on if SBR & 888 can find any new tricks at their scheduled test prior to Rd 7.

1st Seton
2nd Jnr
3rd Ambrose

One can dream can't he??
Old 7 Jul 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1349967)   #6
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My top five (not the top five for the round, just five that i think will perform well)

Radisich
Ellery
Whincup
Ingall
Seton
Old 8 Jul 2005, 00:26 (Ref:1350018)   #7
Chubby1
Rookie

Chubby1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very hard to go past SBR always been strong there. Ambrose has said that he can drive around the place with eyes shut and had a rocket ship there last year.

1 Ingall
2 Ambrose
3 The Rat
Old 8 Jul 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1350024)   #8
gts300kw
Rookie

gts300kw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are my Top 5 picks for the round:

Ambrose
Morris
Ingall
T. Kelly
Radisich
Old 8 Jul 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1350028)   #9
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes
Ambrose
Skaife
Ingall
Kelly
Seton
Old 8 Jul 2005, 01:08 (Ref:1350035)   #10
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ingall
lowdnes
t kelly
ambrose
radisich

Home track advantage for all but T Kelly who is on form at the mo...
Old 8 Jul 2005, 02:09 (Ref:1350058)   #11
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR and 888 will be strong as well as HRT

1. Ambrose
2. Lowndes
3. Ingall
4. Skaife
Old 8 Jul 2005, 05:56 (Ref:1350111)   #12
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Flying up there for my first visit to the Paperclip.

My tip is Berocca and Panadol...

Otherwise Todd Kelly for a hat-trick

Last edited by Average Punter; 8 Jul 2005 at 05:56. Reason: spelling
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 8 Jul 2005, 05:56 (Ref:1350112)   #13
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The regulars I guess HRT, SBR, 888, would be nice to see that RAT up the front of the pack. Also interested to see if either the HSV or DJR Teams can keep some consistency following on from their good efforts last round. They both could do with it.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1350139)   #14
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. T.Kelly
2. Skaife
3. Tander
4. Murph
5. R.Kelly
Old 8 Jul 2005, 09:07 (Ref:1350191)   #15
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got my ear pretty close to the ground and I've heard nothing about the support categories not being there. Is there anything to this or is GTR just ****ing in the wind to see if anyone will take the bait?
Old 8 Jul 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1350235)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I've got my ear pretty close to the ground and I've heard nothing about the support categories not being there. Is there anything to this or is GTR just ****ing in the wind to see if anyone will take the bait?
I suppose it is some way away from the meeting... and things could change... and the mysterious paperwork could miraculously show up... its conceptually possible of course, not sure if its actually probable.

The Carrera Cup and HPDC cars will make a strong support field anyway
Old 8 Jul 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1350281)   #17
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your sources are good GTR, but the latest news is that the Lotus entries have been "found", correctly postmarked, and an agreement reached with Aussie Racing Cars late this afternoon for their participation as well.

So you can expect a full and busy support program to the V8 Double Header, as well as a chockers paddock.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1350285)   #18
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Slightly off topic and hopefully it hasn't been discussed before but has anyone heard of the paperclip being extended? I can't imagine which part of the track would cut into the crowd though.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1350355)   #19
racer55555
Rookie

racer55555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill take the bait.
I cant speak for Aussie Racing Cars, however I can guarantee that Rd 3 of the Lotus Trophy will be at Queensland Raceway. The paperwork was never lost, as usual only half the story comes out.
This will be a huge round for MoPro with its larges ever entry of 26 cars. 16 Class A Exiges and 10 Class B Elise's. Its the official start of the 6 round Class B Championship.
If anyone saw the action in Barbagallo and Darwin they would know how good the racing has been. I know there are heaps of knockers of our series, but everyone at MoPro including the entire new workshop team have their heads down and bums up, to make this series grow round by round. We must be doing something right, having been added to the support bill for the Super Cheap Auto 1000. Our Website hits are up, and those who control V8 supercar racing and the television are more than pleased. We want to be known for our racing instead of crash and bash, and hope that the strong momentum that MoPro has in 2005 will continue, making it a category that fans will love to come and watch. 26 Entries at Qld Rwy, we must be doing something right. Hope you enjoy the action. michael@moproaustralia.com.au. www.lotustrophy.com.au
Old 8 Jul 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1350679)   #20
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the missing paperwork is not the entry forms but paper that has lots of 00's on it.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 01:16 (Ref:1350726)   #21
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
Slightly off topic and hopefully it hasn't been discussed before but has anyone heard of the paperclip being extended? I can't imagine which part of the track would cut into the crowd though.
I can vey vaugely remember Dick Johnson saying there would be a Hill somewhere on the circuit but I believe it was deleted because of weather and time factors.

........and it could be extended to make a great oval (kinda) track.

One thing about the paperclip is that you can see the whole track from any viewing position.

Their doesn't look like there would be any room to make a worth while extension.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 Jul 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1350745)   #22
racer55555
Rookie

racer55555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky
Maybe the missing paperwork is not the entry forms but paper that has lots of 00's on it.
Hey Spunky, your obviously one of the knockers. It always pays to have your facts right though. I suppose it will take some time to stop people naturally thinking it had something to do with the paper that has lots of 00's on it.
As i said earlier the Lotus Trophy will be at Queensland Raceway with 26 cars, which is the largest grid that MoPro Australia has fielded. We are really proud of the goals that we achieving and hopefully this series will start to get the recognition that everyone at MoPro is working so hard for. Hope you all enjoy the racing at QLD RWY.
Old 9 Jul 2005, 03:33 (Ref:1350761)   #23
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not knocking at all, not the catagories anyway. My facts are straight, extra money was asked for from the organisers to Pickett and Ward. Do you disagree with that?
Old 9 Jul 2005, 05:36 (Ref:1350788)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it continues to amaze me the people who still pick skaife to finish top 3.

it has been 12 rounds since he last got a podium. i expect it is about to become a full year
1. ingall
2. lowndes
3. ambrose
4. jnr
5. seton
6. ellery
Old 9 Jul 2005, 06:54 (Ref:1350810)   #25
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radisich (top step on podium)
Ambrose