Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1442211)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New rear wing & Slicks for 2007, also new qualifying and tire changes 2006!

Great news. The F1 commission has decided.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1442218)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A link perhaps,but it's great news (sort of).
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1442219)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes.

Clear decisive action.

One of the most interesting facts is that Mosley had proposed the wing and slicks for 2008 - but the teams agreed to go with it from 2007.

Common sense is breaking out.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1442221)   #4
Frank_White
Racer

The details were posted on the Autosport/Atlas website. As its a pay-view site i cant post the content. My knuckles have been rapped for that before :-) .
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1442223)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The rear wing aspect is being discussed here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=75588&page=3

All the changes are for '07 except tyre changes and qualifying which is for '06.

'07 includes the wings and slicks.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1442224)   #6
Frank_White
Racer

Yes. it say alot. Clearly the teams accept that structurally the double wings can be implemented. Unlike what the armchair aerodynamicists/engineers were saying around here
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1442231)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What tyre changes are being implemented next season then?

Yay @ slicks!
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1442244)   #8
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
What tyre changes are being implemented next season then?

Yay @ slicks!
just means that we're getting tyre changes back in pitstops, not actually technical changes.

Just a footnote on the CDG wing and slicks... they say it'll be in for '07, subject to input from technical directors.... heres hoping they continue to show the descive action they all showed today. Deffiently a positive step forward for F1

Regards
Ed
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1442251)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm nto really bothered either way about having tyre changes during the races, but it seems like the majority are in favour of that changing back. Going to slicks for 2007 is great news - people have beens creaming for that ever since the cahnge to grooved tyres was made, as not only do slicks look better they also increase grip without providing drag, thus improving overtaking chances.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1442254)   #10
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The return of slicks and tyre changes are really a good thing. But I'm skeptical to the new rear wing and I think to new qualifying won't be kept for long.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1442258)   #11
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_White
Yes. it say alot. Clearly the teams accept that structurally the double wings can be implemented. Unlike what the armchair aerodynamicists/engineers were saying around here

If these rule changes are a done deal then I think that can only be good news.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1442273)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What other aero changes will be implemented.

They can't just change the rear wing.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1442279)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Man, these cars are going to be U-G-L-Y.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1442281)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't get any uglier than they are now IMO.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1442292)   #15
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This is the only ever fia press release or changes list every released where I've liked every proposal on it. Yay! A1GP sucks, so lets hope this makes up for it in spades.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1442307)   #16
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sheer ugliness of the cars will turn me off the sport. The days when cars were coke-bottled shaped voluptuous beauties has been replaced by a new generation of coke-sniffing anorexic shaped freakshows.

I'd rather have no rear wing at all, rather than these new wings.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1442337)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I am not sure about this knockout qualifying thingy either.. What are your thoughts on it?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1442339)   #18
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the new rear wing a standard model?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1442344)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not as far as I know, Pingguest.

Inigo - the new qualifying's the best compromise that was likely to be reached.

I like it.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1442383)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Appalling qualifying system really, not ideal.

And the return of tyre changes....idiotic. Not only does this mean a totally wasted year of development, but it removes one of the better elements of the past season. Gutted.

Fabulous news about slicks!

The wings.....again, not that keen. I'd be surprised if it made any real difference to racing and quite frankly the cars will look ludicrous. Just ban winglets and cut downforce substantially for heavens sake......

At least there is something happening at the FIA though, which is novel.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1442394)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I bet Bridgestone lobbied long and hard about tyre changes... given their inability to make a good full distance tyre.

Could this be the pre-cursor to a single tyre manufacturer?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1442397)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Yes - there is definitely to be a single tyre maker in 2007, that was announced today
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1442401)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The rear wings look dire, I hope this changes.

I am for all the other changes however.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1442405)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, I wonder who that single tyre maker will be?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1442407)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

It'll be open to tender.

Maybe best if it's Goodyear, or Pirelli, or Kumho - a brand not currently in F1...