Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1894466)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Euros?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1894920)   #27
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 21 Apr 2007, 10:11 (Ref:1896885)   #28
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have found this, JZX90 Toyota Mark II, factory 1JZ and manual, only problem is it's in Sydney and I'm in Perth, have not decided yet wether to fly over and check it out or to just by sight unseen...

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 27 Apr 2007, 02:46 (Ref:1901393)   #29
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
cripes, $4000 can. for your car insurance!!!! You guys are nuts (well, the insurance people) now really, that much money per year is just crazy. I realize you can't change it, but jeez...

I love cars, bikes, but real life means I have owned regular boring old cars, bought used, cheap to insure (in the area of $250/yr) and do their job of getting me and kids from here to there reliably. To be completely honest, if I had a lot more money, would I spend it on a fancy car? probably not.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 09:56 (Ref:1902599)   #30
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know what my next car will be. I keep looking at a Delta hf Integrale. But it will probably be something more practical, like a 110 Defender or a Nissan Navara or a Ford Ranger.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1903274)   #31
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
currently eyeing off a mate's '82 300ZX....not really my style but it's good fun to drive and he's trying to get rid of it....i'm just trying to work his high price down to something more reasonable (at least i know if he keeps asking the current price i won't lose it to someone else )
Old 1 May 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1904578)   #32
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, the other half wants a new Mini Cooper. I don't mind that, but have specified if we do it has to be the 'S' with the centered exhaust.

Other than that I've always liked the look of the Honda Civic Type R, but also that new space-age looking Type S has caught my eye.

Its going to be a while before I can afford a new car though!
Old 13 May 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1912323)   #33
AaronM
Rookie

AaronM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im probabily looking at an Intergra or Accord Type R
Old 16 May 2007, 06:12 (Ref:1914404)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got it yesterday. So far done 88 miles in it. (Took the long route to Tescos).

Nice big black Grand Cherokee.
Old 16 May 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1914467)   #35
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never knew you were a gangsta Peter!

Does it have limo black tints too ?
Old 16 May 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1914640)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup
Old 16 May 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1914954)   #37
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geeewiz.

That's how you roll, nice one, homie.
Old 17 May 2007, 02:05 (Ref:1915053)   #38
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is replacing a previous model WJ Grand Cherokee isn't it Peter? I imagine you will find a fair difference, how much M-B influence do they have?
Old 17 May 2007, 04:44 (Ref:1915078)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
John,

It replces a Cherokee 60th anniversary model. The engine is the Merc lump, the chassis dynamics are totally different and it is sooooo quiet.

I'd suggest MB has had a massive influence, but for a direct comparison maybe Adam can help?
Old 18 May 2007, 06:30 (Ref:1915795)   #40
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My next car was going to be a VW Jetta TFSI DSG (go acronyms!), when the lease finishes on my Dad's car (black, leather, 18's, lowered GTi suspension) but seeing as someone crashed into me and wrote off my car today I guess there'll be an interim of wheeled turd before the Jetta.

*sigh*
Old 20 May 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1917254)   #41
StuiE
Veteran

Bought this last weekend.... Pick it up either Tomorrow or Tuesday

http://www.users.on.net/~jason_azzopardi/DSC00146.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~jason_azzopardi/DSC00144.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~jason_azzopardi/DSC00143.JPG

05 - Peter Brock
Old 21 May 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1917767)   #42
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porbably a 300ZX. Would want the E series Clubsport.... Gotta have money first.. Can always dream
Old 21 May 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1918411)   #43
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbaiter

so being more realistic, its between these two (156 sportwagon is too small)

if i find a cheap v8 zt-t then i dont care what my bloody brain says, i'm having it!!!

interesting to look back on this thread as i bought this last week.
wish i didnt have to sell my cougar though

i do like the new car, though. apart from the god awful sound system. but then the engine growl makes up for it
Old 30 May 2007, 01:29 (Ref:1924299)   #44
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want a Volvo C30 - a classic mix of understated style with driving quality. Unfortunately my work does not allow me much of a choice of car at the moment.
Old 30 May 2007, 10:48 (Ref:1924527)   #45
littlefarny
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
littlefarny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends really on the job I get post/during Uni.
If I work for Prodrive I'd like a Scooby, if I don't get that chance then it'll be a 'Teg (smallest engine they do), Focus, or a car made by the people that I get a job from.
(Please please please, a Scooby Doo from Prodrive... )
Old 31 May 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1925720)   #46
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'll probably by a Mercedes of some sort when I get enough money to buy a new car! I need to pay off my A-Class off 1st though!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1926098)   #47
StuiE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I want a Volvo C30 - a classic mix of understated style with driving quality. Unfortunately my work does not allow me much of a choice of car at the moment.
I drove a manual C30 T5 today for work, they fly! especially since it's S40 T5 cousin doesn't feel particularly fast. Not a bad car...

05 - Peter Brock
Old 3 Jun 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1927688)   #48
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there

CAPRI
ROVER V8
CAPRI
Old 8 Jun 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1932506)   #49
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In two minds at the minute, i only bought my current car last october, a 2002 Renault Laguna 1.9 DCI, and its been an absolute pig since i bought it, loads of problems so far, the heater controls burnt out, some kind of coil spring on the turbo was knackered, then last week it broke a front spring and the suspension dropped, now it needs a bottom ball joint, so its cost me 600 odd quid since i bought it. Cant keep going on like this so i might sell it privatly and buy myself a cheap runabout, something like a diesel Mondeo or Vectra, nothing thats bloody French.

Or i might trade it in against a newer diesel (Focus/Octavia/Leon). Or my thrid and most likely option i might keep it for now and try and recroup some of the money i have poured into it, while hoping it wont break down for atleast a few days.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1933360)   #50
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When my Omega MV6 expires, I shall probably recycle it.

The replacement is going to be difficult. Vauxhall no longer make a mainstream rwd car, and I'm not buying a BMW or Merc. The former because they just do nothing for me, the latter because their later models are woeful in terms of build quality and reliability.

I'm probably going to plumb for an import from the colonies. Since it'll be right hand drive, that means Oz, and my liking for GM products means it'll be a Holden.

Whether I go for a Commodore SS, Crewman SS, is down to finding one at the right price at the time I want it.