Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jan 2024, 10:01 (Ref:4193514)   #1301
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Collard at WSR seems like a disaster waiting to happen, really hope they can choose Watson or Gamble instead of Collard....
Old 27 Jan 2024, 10:29 (Ref:4193516)   #1302
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm gonna wait and see which other teams actually enter before speculating anymore. See who takes Moffat and Boardley's TBLs
Salient point indeed.

I do wonder about that. If the Boardley/Moffat TBLs create entries, could that mean Speedworks might drop back to three again, will there be less pressure on them to fill the grid? (assuming the One/BTC rumourmongering is baseless.)
Old 27 Jan 2024, 10:46 (Ref:4193517)   #1303
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Salient point indeed.

I do wonder about that. If the Boardley/Moffat TBLs create entries, could that mean Speedworks might drop back to three again, will there be less pressure on them to fill the grid? (assuming the One/BTC rumourmongering is baseless.)
Well given Speedworks plans are to run 2 cars under separate team names, I can’t see that happening. They purchased the extra TBL as they wanted it to expand.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 11:08 (Ref:4193520)   #1304
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I know there was some discussion on here about ticket prices, I just took a look at what Silverstone are charging for the F1 this year and from what I can tell general entry for 3 days is over £300. I last went in 2004 when we paid £90 for Fri-Sat-Sun admission.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 12:06 (Ref:4193522)   #1305
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Well given Speedworks plans are to run 2 cars under separate team names, I can’t see that happening. They purchased the extra TBL as they wanted it to expand.
Wasn’t that what happened last year?
Old 27 Jan 2024, 12:08 (Ref:4193523)   #1306
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Wasn’t that what happened last year?
Was it last winter there was rumours the fourth car was going to be Nic Hamilton? And then it never happened and Nic went to Hard.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4193525)   #1307
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
They've had four before, then ran three. I can't recall a statement saying they'd bought a TBL. The last time they (and Dynamics if I remember rightly) were loaned extra TOCA TBLs that were not used. This year there isn't publicly an indication is there? Or am I wrong?

Anybody able to point out if the fourth TBL for Speedworks has been bought from someone else? I know it appears to be one of the HARD (with two going to Restart) but is that solid fact?
Old 27 Jan 2024, 13:10 (Ref:4193526)   #1308
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
They've had four before, then ran three. I can't recall a statement saying they'd bought a TBL. The last time they (and Dynamics if I remember rightly) were loaned extra TOCA TBLs that were not used. This year there isn't publicly an indication is there? Or am I wrong?

Anybody able to point out if the fourth TBL for Speedworks has been bought from someone else? I know it appears to be one of the HARD (with two going to Restart) but is that solid fact?
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/new-team-joins-btcc-with-cupras-as-hard-folds/10558171/

Autosport on the Restart announcement said the fourth Speedworks TBL was from Hard.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 13:28 (Ref:4193532)   #1309
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Huff, Watson, Moffat, Cook is my prediction.
Looking like this, I think. Across two teams.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 13:43 (Ref:4193534)   #1310
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
There's probably 52 permutations of drivers for the seats.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 14:00 (Ref:4193535)   #1311
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
There's probably 52 permutations of drivers for the seats.

Sounds like a roster you would get on video games
Old 27 Jan 2024, 14:01 (Ref:4193536)   #1312
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit I find what has happened at Speedworks in the last 10 years puzzling. When Ingram joined them, they reduced the team to running just one car, and during his time there, he often mentioned that he thought that the team would benefit from running even one more car in order to gain more feedback, and thus improve the team's fortunes.

It wasn't until 2021, 7 years later, that they entered a second car, but that was only after, without any doubt, their best ever driver left the team.

And now it's possible that they are going to be running four cars. I really don't understand the rational.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 14:02 (Ref:4193537)   #1313
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Which, if so, means - a cause for concern at One Motorsport? And where would Butcher go as a fairly highly-regarded driver? And Collard / Gamble, even if one does go to WSR that still leaves out the other.

I have a feeling if Excler8 were sticking with their line-up, as I assumed they would be likely to, it would’ve been announced by now? Ingram seems all-but confirmed but not seen anything from Chilton, who was apparently on a similar deal?
Old 27 Jan 2024, 14:02 (Ref:4193538)   #1314
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To be fair their lineup of Butcher/Collard/Gamble was quite a solid one and certainly they had a competitive enough car last year
Old 27 Jan 2024, 15:21 (Ref:4193543)   #1315
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Which, if so, means - a cause for concern at One Motorsport? And where would Butcher go as a fairly highly-regarded driver? And Collard / Gamble, even if one does go to WSR that still leaves out the other.

I have a feeling if Excler8 were sticking with their line-up, as I assumed they would be likely to, it would’ve been announced by now? Ingram seems all-but confirmed but not seen anything from Chilton, who was apparently on a similar deal?
My guess would be Butcher to Excelr8, in place of Halstead possibly?
Old 27 Jan 2024, 15:24 (Ref:4193544)   #1316
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
My guess would be Butcher to Excelr8, in place of Halstead possibly?
Butcher sadly has nothing like Halstead in terms of backing though!
Old 27 Jan 2024, 15:30 (Ref:4193545)   #1317
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Was it last winter there was rumours the fourth car was going to be Nic Hamilton? And then it never happened and Nic went to Hard.
I know he's previously announced that he won't be on the grid this year, but I'm hoping Nic ends up with a seat at Speedworks.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 15:33 (Ref:4193546)   #1318
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Butcher sadly has nothing like Halstead in terms of backing though!
It's unfortunate that money talks higher than experience & skill these days.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4193547)   #1319
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/new-team-joins-btcc-with-cupras-as-hard-folds/10558171/

Autosport on the Restart announcement said the fourth Speedworks TBL was from Hard.
Cheers, I didn't check that one out!
Old 27 Jan 2024, 15:54 (Ref:4193550)   #1320
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

It would be intriguing if it turned out that even though Ingram has been around the doors (well Autosport) with his car liveried in it's 2023 colours (clearly no work on that chassis yet) and was giving us fans no confirmation, but hints that he's staying - that it turned out he was going back to Speedworks with a Toyota cheque in his bank account. That would be magic!

His announcement must be imminent. I mean Hansford have been confirmed as a sponsor with Excelr8, and Chris Hansford was with Tom as usual at the NEC. I wonder why they haven't let it out yet?
Old 27 Jan 2024, 16:10 (Ref:4193555)   #1321
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
It would be intriguing if it turned out that even though Ingram has been around the doors (well Autosport) with his car liveried in it's 2023 colours (clearly no work on that chassis yet) and was giving us fans no confirmation, but hints that he's staying - that it turned out he was going back to Speedworks with a Toyota cheque in his bank account. That would be magic!

His announcement must be imminent. I mean Hansford have been confirmed as a sponsor with Excelr8, and Chris Hansford was with Tom as usual at the NEC. I wonder why they haven't let it out yet?
Hansford have been one of Tom's sponsors from pretty much day one, so if they've confirmed as an Excelr8 sponsor, then it does suggest he's definitely staying with them, but stranger things have happened. It is the BTCC after all
Old 27 Jan 2024, 16:41 (Ref:4193561)   #1322
MarcusH26
Racer

Ingram was at St Mary's this week doing sponsor work for Maron Freight in full Excler8 gear with Southampton FC , I guess it's just when they announce it and for how many years he signs.

Would love to see Butcher at Excler8 but I just don't think he's got the backing to make it happen.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 16:57 (Ref:4193563)   #1323
S griffin
Veteran

I would surprised to see Tingram leaving Excelr8, but then again, I didn’t think he’d leave Speedworks either
Old 27 Jan 2024, 17:06 (Ref:4193564)   #1324
ACF_
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I would surprised to see Tingram leaving Excelr8, but then again, I didn’t think he’d leave Speedworks either
Going by the write up on BTCC.net yesterday, it looks like he's staying put & it's just a matter of time until Excelr8 release their full line up. But didn't expect him to leave Speedworks either, so we shall see
Old 27 Jan 2024, 20:16 (Ref:4193639)   #1325
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
It's unfortunate that money talks higher than experience & skill these days.
It has done pretty much since the Supertouring days ended and all the manufacturer money went.