Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:02 (Ref:860532)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche

With what seems to be a lack of maufacutes in prototype racing right now it's time for Porsche to return. If they return and come up with say another 956/962 like car then sportscar racing will really grow. And since they have now got the SUV launched.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:04 (Ref:860537)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think this one has been well cover over the last 12 months here. I expect to see them back in 2006, they will spend 2005 developing the car and then a full assult on the LMES, ALMS and Le Mans the year after.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:05 (Ref:860539)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, they need to come back. With a prototype, something like the Bentley to challenge Audi when and if they return.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:17 (Ref:860661)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I still don't understand why Porsche never entered their last prototype they built with the V10 5 litres. Bob Wollek, after having tried it, said it was the most efficient car he ever drove.

According to my grandstand neighbour in 2000, they didn't come at LM because of the Audi coming back.
Is this founded ??????
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:24 (Ref:860672)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I had heard that Porsche had a hand in the first Audi R8R design.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:30 (Ref:860679)   #6
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Porsche return with their Carrera GT.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 2 Feb 2004, 21:34 (Ref:860684)   #7
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or maybe some one would like to purchase this....

http://www.pim.net/marc2.html

Maybe try and sneak it in to a class of sports car racing somewhere...somehow...

Last edited by Duffacus; 2 Feb 2004 at 21:44.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 3 Feb 2004, 08:36 (Ref:861146)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd love to see Porsche back. There is inevitably something missing from sportscars without Porsche.

But it has to be a prototype. Anything else is just dabbling......
Old 3 Feb 2004, 10:06 (Ref:861196)   #9
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason Porsche dosen't have a Prototype is that they are linked to Audi in the fact that they share cars(Porsche and VW SUV's).
Old 3 Feb 2004, 13:19 (Ref:861356)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm afraid I don't buy that. After all, VAG was happy to race against itself (Audi vs. Bentley), so I can't see a problem with Porsche, a separate company, joining the fun.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 13:23 (Ref:861365)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!