8 4 4.65%
9 0 0%
10 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2171244)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate Grand Prix of Bahrain 2008

Your opinion...
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2171246)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
crap
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2171247)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
3/10

Desperately poor.

I doubt we'll see a duller race all season.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2171251)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I doubt we'll see a duller race all season.
Don't under estimate the dullness of a GP at the Hungaroring.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2171252)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
You're all so negative...I thought it was okay, so I gave it a 6. Like Malaysia, it was far from brilliant but I've seen much worse in the past. And I really think there's potential for much duller races this season.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2171266)   #6
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually quite enjoyed it - much more than Malaysia. I went so far as giving it a 7! I blame the snow.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2171268)   #7
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 - Very dull race. Formula 1 nothing more than a parade. No excitement, no action and simply a lack of racing.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2171270)   #8
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
a 6 for me... Liked the Ferrari 1-2 and there was the odd bit of interesting action out there.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2171276)   #9
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
I went so far as giving it a 7!
You must enjoy being tortured.

I hope the NOTW don't find out.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2171294)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant, 11/10.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2171316)   #11
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Don't under estimate the dullness of a GP at the Hungaroring.
The Hungaroring is positively entertaining compared to Barcelona.

It's a shame the race was so dull when the grid promised so much more.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2171326)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Brilliant, 11/10.
I detect just the eensy weensy,ever so sightly,though not too obvious but plain enough hint of sarcasm about your post.

Has it was,it was all I could do to stay aw......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only rates as a 2 on the comedy scale for me.

I can't wait for Barcelona! (feel my sarcasm!)

Last edited by Marbot; 6 Apr 2008 at 14:51.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2171340)   #13
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think this one matched Malaysia at all. Off the start line it was quite interesting: Hamilton slipped back; Massa did Kubica; Raikkonen, Kubica, Kovalainen and Heidfeld all had their brief encounters... But what else? Hamilton shunted Alonso and Coulthard got himself tangled up again, this time with Button - but it was fairly tame, on the whole, especially when you consider that a lot of would-be battles didn't really develop (Trulli vs Webber, Alonso vs Barrichello, Massa vs Raikkonen, Raikkonen vs Kubica).

3/10 might be harsh but I watched the race online and the live streaming was terrible to say the least.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2171344)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Average really. Less dull than Sepang not crazy like Oz.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 14:58 (Ref:2171348)   #15
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 / 10

Not great but not bad.

I started doing a out of 10 thing last year but I kinda stopped after a few races. Glad to see its back.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 15:00 (Ref:2171352)   #16
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
switched off half way through and did the ironing as more overtaking and action on the board....
Old 6 Apr 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2171357)   #17
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yawn, scratch, sniff. Is it over yet?
Old 6 Apr 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2171368)   #18
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boring
3/10
Old 6 Apr 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2171439)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The F1 Grand Prix of Bahrain just has no soul...4/10
Old 6 Apr 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2171447)   #20
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the start I went to the kitchen and made Swedish Meatballs - very tasty!

Lacklustre race - half empty stands, which should please Mr E! - (note the TV cameras kept away from the stands - no fan participation at all that I can remenber).

I'm not a fan of this circuit, and it appears neither are the punters over there!

Massa did a good job, got max points - as did Kimi and Kubica.

Someone has wasted a 'lot of money' on this place IMHO.

Old 6 Apr 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2171465)   #21
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I guess it could have been better!

It would have nice to have seen a few people 'spanking' each other harder on the track. I know Bernie and Max have 'bent over backwards' to get F1 in venues like Bahrain but like others I think its quite a bland race.

I have to admit I prefer the tracks with plenty of greenery round the circuit like Albert Park. Maybe the authorities in Bahrain could consider planting some 'Birch' trees in some of the empty areas. But, I guess part of the problem being near a desert is the sand 'whipping' up and around which could make it hard for enything to grow properly.

Compared to Monaco or the 'German' GP it has to rank lower.

I guess the best bits were some of the collisions and the sliding round the corners, on the 'bumpy, red and white striped' kerbs

But, I must admit I'm more looking forward to things coming back into Europe.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2171478)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Better than Maylasia, worse than Oz, 5 out of 10 from me.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2171482)   #23
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Procession is about all you can say. I have just been watching 70s F1 on ESPN classics this week. Full grids, nose to tail racing , no aerodynamic excuses about why you cant overtake, races run on a full tank and one set of tyres, plenty of passing on the track and not during the pit stops as there weren't any, the famous Marlboro and JPS girls in their short skirts and hot pants and no political correctness to be found anywhere.
10 out of 10 !!!!
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2171490)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Sepang seemed to have more wheel-to-wheel action actually after the early laps and was less dull (although I think the TV director possibly did a better job there), but I'm going to watch the race a second time as I always like to do, and then give my vote.

But it wasn't terrible. Anyway, I do find voting for this tough because I have to exclude my favourite teams and drivers' races from influencing my vote and try to view it objectively. And then you get the fact that sometimes there is more intrigue in a race with less actual action than one with lots.

But I wouldn't go as far as saying F1 should be like a chess match

Last edited by Born Racer; 6 Apr 2008 at 17:34.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2171499)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree- F1 needs less refuelling and more hotpants.