Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 26 Sep 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1417302)   #26
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh I know, its the same engine that Zytek run in their ALMS/LMES LMP 1 machine.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1417304)   #27
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives!
More boost!!!!

The commentary team kept telling us about the boost but I found it very hard to notice anybody actually using it! Perhaps a lighting system similar to Champ car could be used and also give the drivers more 'horses' to play with when using the boost button.
Good idea. I favour an orange flashing light (such as you might find on a JCB) mounted on the driver's helmet which illuminates when they're 'on boost'.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1417363)   #28
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
A spotters guide ( a sideways picture of the car in colour) either in the programme or as an insert to help with car identification.

I think that people will get used to having Country Codes as identification ( you can't see numbers or Country Codes from the speccie encloseures and I suspect from the the marshals posts) as it is a new. We have got used to numbers over the years
I don't think a lot of the teams had finalised colour schemes when the programs went to print, I'm sure that'll change as the season progresses and the different circuits get different lead-times on copy.

Regarding the numbers/letters/colour schemes, there are three county identification panels, theses need to be a bit bigger and have consistancy in the background/size. Ideally having the flag and the three letters on the big rear-wing endplates.

Saying that, after three days of them we on post 10 could pretty much tell them at a glance.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1417645)   #29
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say I only got to see the sprint race, but I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of overtaking up front. However, I appreciate that might be something to do with the circuit because I seem to remember the Champ Car guys having a very processional race around there too
Old 27 Sep 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1417683)   #30
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
I must say I only got to see the sprint race, but I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of overtaking up front. However, I appreciate that might be something to do with the circuit because I seem to remember the Champ Car guys having a very processional race around there too
CART used the Indy layout and A1 used the GP. I think then reason for the first race seeming to be boring was the fact that there was no spare cars, a second race 1 hour later anddue to the fact that the drivers were in their first race together ( some were in their first ever car race) and they wanted to find out each others race craft before going wheel to wheel
Old 27 Sep 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1418273)   #31
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
first race was a bit boring... but the quick guys were still pushing it LOADS which was good!!
never knew when it was sideways you pushed the throttle more and more to get it straight when going on to the GP ciruit! PK aint a bad driver at all lol

the sprint races are always a bit dull compared to the main race in everything i can think of.

i would tottaly agree with something better to identify who is who!!!
flags aint enough.. need numbers or something!!!
im clever and i dont know who has the tree!! lolol

cars.. dont change them!

but god oh god... arent the pit stops poor!!!!! i think only the UK team did it right!! was watching them on sat night and wow they poor.... one team even managed to pull the compressed air cylinders over just missing the car!! they gotta be sorted else the UK team will will every round on just the pit stops!! (we would have this week really)
Old 28 Sep 2005, 07:42 (Ref:1418555)   #32
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If this series really are just going to be about a world cup, they might want to standardize the cars more. We were a bit 'lucky' Brazils pitstop was slow and we were also a bit 'lucky' with the safety car coming out. If that hadn't happened Piquet would have walked away with it. If they standardize the cars more, so reduce the changes they can make to the cars, the field will become closer. Give the cars a little bit more horsepower and you will see the best drivers up front.

I've seen some critics about the pitstops, but the way they are at the moment are spot on, it is all about teamwork, which it should be all about.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1418589)   #33
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
If this series really are just going to be about a world cup, they might want to standardize the cars more. We were a bit 'lucky' Brazils pitstop was slow and we were also a bit 'lucky' with the safety car coming out. If that hadn't happened Piquet would have walked away with it. If they standardize the cars more, so reduce the changes they can make to the cars, the field will become closer. Give the cars a little bit more horsepower and you will see the best drivers up front.

I've seen some critics about the pitstops, but the way they are at the moment are spot on, it is all about teamwork, which it should be all about.
The cars are identicle and are all prepared in the same building at Silverstone. No part is allowed to taken away by the team except for painting. The settings are those that the driver likes. I can't see how than can be more standarized than they already are
Old 28 Sep 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1418618)   #34
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by THR

but god oh god... arent the pit stops poor!!!!! i think only the UK team did it right!! was watching them on sat night and wow they poor.... one team even managed to pull the compressed air cylinders over just missing the car!! they gotta be sorted else the UK team will will every round on just the pit stops!! (we would have this week really)
Sure, but everyone is learning. I bet teams which performed badly in the pits will be putting in some serious practice over the next couple of weeks.
And limiting the numbers of team members who can be involved at pit stops will help keep costs down which can only be a good thing.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1419196)   #35
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
re-vamped "Palmer-Audi" on a world wide scale........!

sorry i hoped it would have been great racing, it just didn't float my boat.