Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Dec 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1490942)   #1
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New MSA Cards?

Is a new MSA card issued when you have either an upgrade or add another duty to your portfolio or do you have to wait for the two yearly issue of the card?

Also if your card is full with 2005 attendance signatures are blank cards, not trainee, available for use in 2006 and where do I get them from?

Thanx.

Old 28 Dec 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1490999)   #2
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New MSA cards are sent as soon as any change is notified/agreed. A new issue is sent to all every 2 years (last time was end of 2004)

This was a change as before 2004 it was new card every year.

There are continuation cards available for upgrade but when I spoke to MSA they could not identify one for attendance (in fact I had a job to get the clerk to understand the difference).

Suggest, for now, you "cobble" together your own extension card and I will follow it up with MSA at a higher level when they return after Xmas.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1491010)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
There are continuation cards available for upgrade but when I spoke to MSA they could not identify one for attendance (in fact I had a job to get the clerk to understand the difference).
Just a thought on attendance signatures. Now that MSA cards are issued biennially, would it perhaps make sense to change the requirements from five signatures per year to ten in the two years for which the card is valid. Of course, that would mean that in effect a valid attendance record could exist for a year in which no marshalling had been done.

Dunno why we're worrying really......has anyone ever lost their grade through not being able to produce a record of attendance?
Old 28 Dec 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1491049)   #4
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
Quote:
New MSA cards are sent as soon as any change is notified/agreed. A new issue is sent to all every 2 years (last time was end of 2004)

This was a change as before 2004 it was new card every year.

Suggest, for now, you "cobble" together your own extension card and I will follow it up with MSA at a higher level when they return after Xmas.
Peter thanx for all your information it looks as though I'll have to cobble together something; I'm after a blank backside for attendance signatures.....................................

Old 28 Dec 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1491120)   #5
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Have passed on info to "Volunteers in Motorsport" as they are reviewing grading and training and will, undoubetdly, consider paperwork and signature requirements.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1491994)   #6
Derek Lawson
Rookie

United Kingdom
In the world BUT NOT Ibiza
Derek Lawson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayBee
Peter thanx for all your information it looks as though I'll have to cobble together something; I'm after a blank backside for attendance signatures.....................................

I think there's one or two others out there would like a 'blank backside', me I'll stick with the one I've had these last 40-odd years!
Old 30 Dec 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1491998)   #7
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
Dunno why we're worrying really......
Neither do I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
has anyone ever lost their grade through not being able to produce a record of attendance?
I've never heard of anyone

(And so spoke the BMMC - NGO)

But don't care.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1492020)   #8
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Think the MSA only issue new card as and when it suits them.. I put in my licence for upgrade back in september dont think i will see licence till late next year if they remember it took 16 months for my last upgrade to come through....
Old 30 Dec 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1492039)   #9
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Think the MSA only issue new card as and when it suits them.. I put in my licence for upgrade back in september dont think i will see licence till late next year if they remember it took 16 months for my last upgrade to come through....
Through which club did you put your upgrade request? All my upgrades are up to date! PM me if you have an issue.

But don't care.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1492247)   #10
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brscc(sw)
Old 31 Dec 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1492480)   #11
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Brscc(sw)
Ah! Well that probably explains it all then - doesn't it?

Join the BMMC - or if already a member make us the primary club with the MSA.

I think you'll find we have a more professional attitude.

But don't care.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1492825)   #12
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kaybee if your after a blank backside can i suggest looking on another web site as i have never seen a blank backside on here (not that i want to).
if you start a new thread asking for a blank backside i am sure someone will help.
good luck.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1492855)   #13
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeman62
kaybee if your after a blank backside can i suggest looking on another web site as i have never seen a blank backside on here (not that i want to).
if you start a new thread asking for a blank backside i am sure someone will help.
good luck.
Ooh err missus!
Old 1 Jan 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1492956)   #14
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha all in jest.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 03:02 (Ref:1493165)   #15
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what happens if you are no longer a member of the clubs mentioned on your card (or any others) and you attend training days/events etc? who do you send your card to in order to maintain your grade?
Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1493375)   #16
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the original thread!!! I advised the BMMC Members in the South-East Region Newsletter when the new cards appeared, just to get the minimum five required signatures on their cards for 2005, and then start again with the second five for 2006!! Just keep a separate record of all your Marshalling days, (as I do), in case there is ever a query on what days one has completed!
Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1493384)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never yet bothered with an attendance signature, so I'm really not sure what's the point, unless one of the obs suddenly becomes mega-famous and you can sell it?
Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1493388)   #18
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic gold
Back to the original thread!!! I advised the BMMC Members in the South-East Region Newsletter when the new cards appeared, just to get the minimum five required signatures on their cards for 2005, and then start again with the second five for 2006!! Just keep a separate record of all your Marshalling days, (as I do), in case there is ever a query on what days one has completed!
That's what I did/do but when I was removing end of year stuff last week I suddenly discovered three attendance signatures I hadn't asked for - hence my original query.

Old 2 Jan 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1493425)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
I've never yet bothered with an attendance signature, so I'm really not sure what's the point,
Theoretically you need attendance signatures to maintain your grade; in practice, I don't think anybody's ever lost a grade through being unable to produce evidence of attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic gold
I advised the BMMC Members in the South-East Region Newsletter when the new cards appeared, just to get the minimum five required signatures on their cards for 2005, and then start again with the second five for 2006!!
I keep my upgrading card & MSA card together in the plastic wallet we all got a couple of years ago, so it's easier to hand in the wallet than take the cards out. As I was upgrading last year, I didn't really need the attendance signatures.......when it got to six, I pencilled in the remaining spaces 'reserved for 2006' & stuck a fluorescent Post-It note with the legend 'No more attendance signatures required' onto the MSA card.........
Old 2 Jan 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1493574)   #20
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Hill
So what happens if you are no longer a member of the clubs mentioned on your card (or any others) and you attend training days/events etc? who do you send your card to in order to maintain your grade?
Most clubs will represent you for grading etc. if you are on their marshal's register and don't worry if you are a member.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1493596)   #21
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Hill

Quote:
Most clubs will represent you for grading etc. if you are on their marshal's register and don't worry if you aren't a member.
Very true Peter - but when it doubt send it to the BMMC!

(which you may as well join at the same time, if only for their insurance cover!)

But don't care.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1494073)   #22
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=KayBee]

Also if your card is full with 2005 attendance signatures are blank cards, not trainee, available for use in 2006 and where do I get them from?

QUOTE]

I came across this problem several seasons ago once blank attendance cards ceased to be issued so I created my owm to match the originals, if you want one speak to me nicely!