Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:11 (Ref:127324)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lil Shu has reached Enlightenment

Ralf said:

F1 Magazine quoted Ralf as saying: “In terms of opening doors it is an advantage having the name Schumacher, as everyone is curious to know if the younger brother is as quick as the older one, but it is more difficult to keep the doors open as you are judged against Michael. And for the other drivers, it is always a pleasure to beat a Schumacher.”

You hit the nail on the head Ralf

Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:19 (Ref:127327)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"...it is always a pleasure to beat a Schumacher."

That's the cornerstone of the motorsport... a 3 time winner leveling with the 3 WDC... gooood start.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:21 (Ref:127329)   #3
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that a lil' sarcasm i detect Bon ?
Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:42 (Ref:127338)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 8 Aug 2001, 11:20 (Ref:127500)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you were talking about this, which I found much more enlightened--and enlightening (I got it from my friends at British Racing Green this morning

Ralf: 'Montoya Is Something Special'

BMW WilliamsF1 driver Ralf Schumacher and team-mate Juan Pablo Montoya are not renowned for their overly close relationship, but Schumacher Jnr has recently admitted that his Colombian team-mate is a special driver.

After the German Grand Prix Ralf Schumacher spoke about his team-mate. There Montoya took pole position and led the race before he was forced to retire with engine problems. Ralf, in second place at the time, went on to win his third race of the season. Schumacher recognises the Columbian's talent but believes his set-up ability is the one thing letting him down.

"Obviously he is a very fast driver but these are difficult times for setting up a car in Formula 1," the German told The Times. "There might be something lacking there, but I believe that he has a special ability at the wheel. As persons we are very different and we don't have much contact except for the technical briefings, but he is my team-mate anyway."

The German has had the upper hand in both qualifying and the races, as was expected in Montoya's first Formula 1 season. But both drivers are very competitive and will give little away to the other. Twice now Ralf has not let his faster team-mate pass him. At Silverstone Schumacher was asked by his team to let Montoya through to get by the slower-paced Ferrari of Rubens Barrichello. Ralf did not yield and blamed a faulty radio. And again in Magny-Cours, Schumacher refused to let the Columbian through claiming he was just as fast as his team-mate.

Ralf's recent words about his team-mate highlight the respect each has of the other. They seem to thrive on the competitiveness of each other and, although Ralf has not said that Montoya's pace has been a prominent motivating factor for the German this year, WilliamsF1 technical director Patrick Head has.

I think someone has waked up and smelled the Colombian coffee over there at Williams Grand Prix.