Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Apr 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3065548)   #1
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing promotion (investigation)

Hi guys,

I'm doing a investigation about YouTube channels and Websites of racing teams and I hope you guys can help me with my investigation.

Which team's website do you think is good? And why do you think that website is good?

Which team's YouTube movies do you like? And why do you like those movies?

Please be as detailed as possible.

You can post your answer here, or you can send it in a PM to me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Jorrit
Old 25 Apr 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3065550)   #2
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
hmm, do i sense a new Race Art YT channel on the way?

I think United Autosports' is fantastic - a real sense of drama and story is put into each one. Their Macau report from last year, and their PLM one, was really good. Very open and honest. By 'honest', I mean that they know that they are very lucky people who are racing cars for a lot of fun and the likes of Patterson and Brown don't pretend that they're professionals getting paid for it.

If you check out the DVD for the series GT Racer (about Spa 6 Hours and other historic events) they've got a really nice, open quality to them too.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3065553)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The only team-site I frequent somewhat frequently is that of Magnus Racing...It's more or less just a blog, but with that team there's always something fun going on.

http://www.magnusracing.com/home/201...ster-suit.html
Old 25 Apr 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3065608)   #4
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont know about "team". But BMW Motorsports DTM page is absolutely fantastical...Youd think they spent more money on the videos and pictures in that sight than the entire DTM program..
Old 1 May 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3067815)   #5
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks, I hope some other people will give an reply to
Old 1 May 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3067984)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Tom Coronel does some preview videos.
Old 1 May 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3068036)   #7
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I like the videos that Falken do and Vette do.
Old 4 May 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3069430)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Which team's website do you think is good? And why do you think that website is good?
I very rarely visit teams websites, so I can't tell. What I like is a nice-looking website with video and picture galleries, a full history of the team, biographies of the drivers, and the news about the current activities of the teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Which team's YouTube movies do you like? And why do you like those movies
First, I like serious videos. For example, Audi and Antti videoclips show the danger, passion, drama and glory of motorsport. IndyCar 36 videos are cool too, they interview drivers with style (the old 11 in 11 had great questions and answers but boring style).

I usually get bored by race highlights. No matter if it's 3 or 20 minutes long, you feel that the director is cutting interesting parts of the race, and that the tension that builds along the stints gets lost in the translation. I prefer videoclips, that is, videos where action (short takes of passes, crashes, pitstops, near misses, kerb climbing) is synchronized with music and real audio (engines, radio talk, announcers).

I love onboard cameras too, especially in difficult conditions (fog, rain, night, twisty mountain corners, heavy traffic). These must go with a single static camera (bumper or cockpit) without any music.

But I also enjoy funny videos. Ferrari did a ridiculous animation last year. American rallycross teams love to do them. See DC Shoes, Travis Pastrana and Hyundai Red Bull clips for that. In addition to jokes, they show cars running with lots of closeups, and I like that too.