Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Apr 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3396538)   #26
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Overcast with 13 degrees? Looks fine to me, I've had it worse there
Old 22 Apr 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3396543)   #27
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I've had it worse there too (and here - This weekend at Silverstone)

Will be arriving Thursday night, camping and leaving Sunday morning. Silverstone has been a great warm up for Spa
Old 22 Apr 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3396555)   #28
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
That is indeed a gratifying shift from when I looked last night. Fingers crossed...
Old 22 Apr 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3396591)   #29
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
After Silverstone this weekend, I am seriously considering it.

Anyone used Travel Destinations? If i do go, It will be a pretty late decision.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3396621)   #30
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Haven't used Travel Destinations but that looks like a pretty good price for a self drive package, especially as hotel / b&b accommodation in the immediate vicinity of the track will probably be at a premium this close to the event (a quick search on Booking.com shows some availability, but at a price).

If you do end up making a late call to go a lot of the local residents will operate a pretty ad hoc campsite in their fields, which might be an option, otherwise you can almost always find a reasonable hotel deal in Liege.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3396628)   #31
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers, good info.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3396679)   #32
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Wheather forecast can and will change, the race is still 11 days away!
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3396682)   #33
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
To be fair I wouldn't bank on knowing what the weather will do sitting at the start line at about 1400 on the Saturday...
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3397132)   #34
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Oh dear. Another withdrawal from Spa with Ram pulling their pair of Ferraris. (DSC link)

Are we budgeting for similar grid to Silverstone (-2 Rams, +1 Audi, +1 Jota), a further decline, or an increase (e.g. +1 Lotus, +? other pre-Le Mans entrants)?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3397138)   #35
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Oh dear. Another withdrawal from Spa with Ram pulling their pair of Ferraris. (DSC link)

Are we budgeting for similar grid to Silverstone (-2 Rams, +1 Audi, +1 Jota), a further decline, or an increase (e.g. +1 Lotus, +? other pre-Le Mans entrants)?
That's to bad, really hope we get to see the new Lotus and the new Rebellions.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3397158)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

Ian are you really expecting 3 Audi's. You saw the two they took to silverstone i doubt they will be at Spa, so will they one have 3 more tubs and 2 will they risk all of those before Le Mans
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3397159)   #37
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing heard about Lotus, they need some running on their car.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3397165)   #38
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty gutted to see that Ram news. You have to wonder how they will fare post-Le Mans if they are struggling at this stage.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3397176)   #39
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ian are you really expecting 3 Audi's. You saw the two they took to silverstone i doubt they will be at Spa, so will they one have 3 more tubs and 2 will they risk all of those before Le Mans
The more I think about it the more confident I am that we'll see 3 Audis there.

In no particular order
  • They've the option of using their test chassis, of which they have "at least two"
  • We don't know how many additional chassis were in build with Audi prior to Silverstone, I suspect the answer is more than one, and it will depend on what level of completeness it has
  • There's six weeks post Spa which would give them the time to get the Silverstone damaged cars repaired, so I can see them 'risking' additional damage
  • They've got a vested interest in giving Jarvis / Albuquerque / Bonanomi a run before Le Mans
  • Perhaps a little more ephemeral, I always figure you can have one catastrophe over the course of a season and recover, have two and you'll struggle. By not running three at Spa Audi would be ceding some of the initiative to Toyota and Porsche and showing a chink in the armour. I suspect they don't want to do that.

Is any of this conclusive? No it isn't - and the very short gap between the races makes it a very tall order. Had it been anyone other than Audi I suspect I'd be writing them off - but as we've all learned over the years, underestimating Audi is a very dangerous course to take.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3397199)   #40
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Pretty gutted to see that Ram news. You have to wonder how they will fare post-Le Mans if they are struggling at this stage.

The reason for their withdrawal being funding which doesn't make sense-when the team was started it supposedly had a Middle Eastern supporter who had plenty of money but wanted to remain out of sight. What happened there I presume?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3397229)   #41
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and will the russians be there I wonder. One Jota is promised but I wouldn't count on that after the pang it got last week end. Could be 23 cars and a rubbish support programme. I wouldnt have gone if it wasn't for the fact that travel tickets have been bought.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3397232)   #42
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Nothing heard about Lotus, they need some running on their car.
Heard on the grapewine that the programme is dead in the water
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3397240)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well in just over a week they will either be arriving at Spa or not and we will see how many cars start the race, i hope it will be over 30 cars but i have a feeling it might be less
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3397243)   #44
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Reading their release I think they underestimated what they would have to do quite severely, the car is quite bare of sponsors when you look at it.

I worry we may only see that at La Sarthe.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3397659)   #45
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The reason for their withdrawal being funding which doesn't make sense-when the team was started it supposedly had a Middle Eastern supporter who had plenty of money but wanted to remain out of sight. What happened there I presume?
the update on the dsc news item is pretty self explanatory. they projected their cashflow with their investor, and due to some unexpected pre-season costs they're not going to make it to spa. you can't just expect the investor to write a £100k cheque, or whatever it will take to make spa happen.

i'm kind of surprised they haven't had some kind of contingency fund for stuff like huge shunts and unexpected costs but i guess if the investor wasn't game for that then there's nothing you can do. i think the potentially unrelated example of an unexpected cost from the dashboard marshalling system is a good example of how the organisers cannot act as if they are in charge of f1 scale pools of resources. quite a few of the teams are operating on a marginal budget rather than the lmp1 manufacturers scale of cash, and it's wrong to think that they'll just survive regardless of what you throw at them. they have a finite amount of cash to spend and it's not necessarily going to grow, things will be sacrificed. "new boy naivity" perhaps is the case, we had both 2013 elms champion teams aiming to move up to wec this season. signatech alpine hung back because the maths didn't add up, ram stepped forward and couldn't quite make it happen seamlessly.

all that aside, barring a huge shunt or several i don't see any reason to doubt the remainder of ram's season, as long as the fine for non-competing at spa is no greater than the cost of actually competing and can be paid after their cash arrives from their investor.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3397666)   #46
jyco22
Rookie

France
bretagne in France !
jyco22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at Spa for the 6 hours with my friend Gérard : will be arriving Thursday evenning, mobilhome at camping familial malmedy, we have tickets for 2 days, wine and food for 3 days.
concerning entry list : LMP1 Lotus = no (its joke this car !) ROne = yes LMP2 : millenium ?
for the race : P1 Audi angry ! P2 same battle as at silverstone GT manthey vs AF Corse
Jean-Yves
Old 24 Apr 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3397823)   #47
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Friday off from Work , so it will be 2 Days for me
Old 24 Apr 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3397890)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion have confirmed the R-Ones will be there.

https://twitter.com/RebellionRacing/...27219891163136

A nice little reward for the folks attending.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3397900)   #49
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Rebellion have confirmed the R-Ones will be there.

https://twitter.com/RebellionRacing/...27219891163136

A nice little reward for the folks attending.
Outstandingly good news. Even with the couple of other disappointments on the list I was looking forward to being in Belgium this time next week, and knowing that we'll the R-Ones there is almost enough to persuade me to head to the track on Friday rather than doing touristy things.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 06:02 (Ref:3397995)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Brilliant news for Rebellion, link also confirms that grid now down to 28 cars