Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3397711)   #501
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
You could try the 'signing up' thingy, or use the link Deggis posted, which I did and which worked a treat!

Edit: here it is, in case you don't want go back through 30+ pages: http://backvideo.ampi.tv/embed/091jwt

Seems to be out of order now, but maybe it will be re-used for Spa. In case not, I'm sure some other options will be made public on the forum.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3397745)   #502
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm a bit gutted there's no high-quality rip of the stream anywhere to download and keep.

Got a big pile of races on my hard drive, but forced to make do with MotorsTV quality for the new era.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3397755)   #503
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's exactly where i feel that modern motorsport is missing a trick. sure, make us pay €20 for a season but give us access to a hd download of the entire race that we can save and watch as many times as we want. there's no loser with that - sponsors get multiple viewings and far greater exposure, and the viewer gets to enjoy the race when they might not have been paying full attention the first time.

it's not as if it'd stand on the toes of broadcasters who offer a similar service. there's still plenty of us who don't have sky+ boxes for example, and that's no different to giving us direct access to a race that has already happened. even if it required waiting a week until after the race to make sure broadcasters got value for money with highlights packages and whathaveyou it'd still be a huge benefit.

it's a no brainer, but i think the industry is having far too much fun demonising people who seek out and download their coverage rather than realising they're missing out on a significant market.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3397757)   #504
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FIA needs to wake up and start offering video-on-demand. Even Pirelli World Challenge manages to make its races available online---even TUSC.

FIA are only hurting themselves with this omission.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3397783)   #505
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They refunded my PC subscription today. I shall purchase the Apple iOS version...
Old 24 Apr 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3397801)   #506
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that's exactly where i feel that modern motorsport is missing a trick. sure, make us pay €20 for a season but give us access to a hd download of the entire race that we can save and watch as many times as we want. there's no loser with that - sponsors get multiple viewings and far greater exposure, and the viewer gets to enjoy the race when they might not have been paying full attention the first time.

it's not as if it'd stand on the toes of broadcasters who offer a similar service. there's still plenty of us who don't have sky+ boxes for example, and that's no different to giving us direct access to a race that has already happened. even if it required waiting a week until after the race to make sure broadcasters got value for money with highlights packages and whathaveyou it'd still be a huge benefit.

it's a no brainer, but i think the industry is having far too much fun demonising people who seek out and download their coverage rather than realising they're missing out on a significant market.
It's much as the music and book industry found. Give people an easy and cost effective way to access content and people will happily pay, make it hard and all your doing is driving people to pirate things.

Suspect there's a huge amount of latent long tail demand in old footage that they're currently making nothing out of, even AdSense delivered alongside it would deliver something more than I suspect they're currently getting.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3397849)   #507
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they at some point start to offer video on demand, then I'd also like to have the ability to view live timing while I watch the race on replay. I bought the live timing app for F1, and it's really nice to get the full experience even if you can't watch the race live.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3397884)   #508
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
FIA needs to wake up and start offering video-on-demand. Even Pirelli World Challenge manages to make its races available online---even TUSC.

FIA are only hurting themselves with this omission.
Pet peeve on this: when will people learn that the FIA are not the commercial rights holders for the championships they sanction? It's FOM for F1, LMEM and the ACO for WEC, Red Bull for WRC, Eurosport for WTCC...
Old 24 Apr 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3397885)   #509
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They refunded my PC subscription today. I shall purchase the Apple iOS version...
Did you ask for this?
And how did they notify you?
Old 24 Apr 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3397892)   #510
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I emailed them on Sunday and they got back to me today.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3397902)   #511
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I emailed them on Sunday and they got back to me today.
Did you ask for the refund, and on what basis did they refund you?
I am curious on the basis of there being a general refund, or if it is just if you feel "cheated"/"let down" by the service provided?
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3397905)   #512
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I did ask for a refund, because when I signed up it was not clear that it was for only one format. In fact I was so early there was a problem with the iOS sub. and it was almost implied it would be all.
I said if I could only have one format, while that was daft, I would prefer the iOS not the PC subscription.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3397906)   #513
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Is there a quality difference between the mobile and PC? Im thinking of purchasing just for the onboards. But is that feature yet available?
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3397908)   #514
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I did ask for a refund, because when I signed up it was not clear that it was for only one format. In fact I was so early there was a problem with the iOS sub. and it was almost implied it would be all.
I said if I could only have one format, while that was daft, I would prefer the iOS not the PC subscription.
I understand.
Thank you
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3397910)   #515
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Is there a quality difference between the mobile and PC? Im thinking of purchasing just for the onboards. But is that feature yet available?
I couldn't tell you yet, sorry. Probably not really going to know as I was at Silverstone so didn't really use it there! Although good to see the rest of the first lap. And I've not seen any specification for it either.
My guess is not, but I wouldn't swear to it. My choice was purely on practicality. Even at home it is better for me as I can get it on my telly easier with my 'mobile' devices.

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Apr 2014 at 21:54. Reason: Spell device correctly.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3397911)   #516
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
With the pc version, you can access it from any pc correct? If thats the case, I could use any pc with internet. My TV is a monitor and then use mobile as a live timing hub. Really want the onboards so if that is not ready, I will just wait.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3397912)   #517
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hope it will work again on the PC without paying
bugger them .. i want a windows phone App

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Apr 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3398583)   #518
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So no free live stream for Spa then?
Old 27 Apr 2014, 02:46 (Ref:3398597)   #519
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
So no free live stream for Spa then?
Im sure there will be a few links come next friday.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3399051)   #520
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well listened to all of MWM. Didn't hear a word of talk about the WEC's great media package.

I seem to remember them talking about ALMS's 'cutting edge' media package a few years back.

I suppose it's hard to be a journalist and employee all at the same time. Not surprised. I'm sure they have an opinion, the fact they were radio silent says it all.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3399092)   #521
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
Well listened to all of MWM. Didn't hear a word of talk about the WEC's great media package.

I seem to remember them talking about ALMS's 'cutting edge' media package a few years back.

I suppose it's hard to be a journalist and employee all at the same time. Not surprised. I'm sure they have an opinion, the fact they were radio silent says it all.
Hindy actually was employee of ALMS back then and still voiced his opinion... I guess when your entire company, not just you is hired by the series you just have to play extra super duper nice
Old 28 Apr 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3399094)   #522
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In this day and age, there's nothing much unusual or reprehensible about that......
Old 28 Apr 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3399097)   #523
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes...

Anyway, as I said earlier, I hope he now stops bashing other series for similar paywalls or geoblockings (like SRO series), that would make him look a bit silly
Old 28 Apr 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3399102)   #524
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this what it has come to? Outrage that RLM aren't expressing outrage?

Christ, it's not up to them to voice your concerns. If you've got a problem with the coverage, let the WEC/ACO know.

If you listened to the MWM before Silverstone and the FP/quali sessions, there were certainly some veiled comments from Hindy and GG, among others, particularly with regard to the fact that RLM coverage is completely free.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3399106)   #525
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Is this what it has come to? Outrage that RLM aren't expressing outrage?

Christ, it's not up to them to voice your concerns. If you've got a problem with the coverage, let the WEC/ACO know.

If you listened to the MWM before Silverstone and the FP/quali sessions, there were certainly some veiled comments from Hindy and GG, among others, particularly with regard to the fact that RLM coverage is completely free.
Also Eve has been pretty active on Facebook collecting feedback about the app and the streaming, presumably to forward it to the people in charge.