Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3168790)   #1
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Championship winner for sale

Reading between the lines, all is not well financially at DJR........

http://v8sleuth.com.au/classifieds/index.php?chassis=19
Old 20 Nov 2012, 01:38 (Ref:3168859)   #2
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Its a shame they are looking to sell the car as it will probably be DJR's last championship winning car (wish it werent so but it looks that way).
Old 20 Nov 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3168874)   #3
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is an Expression of Interest, so they don't exactly have to sell the car. Could just be a value estimating exercise by the team to add to the asset base.

Then again, with Beam pulling out, good chances there's a hole in the budget that needs to be filled by the sale of this car, or it wasn't a nice bust up between Beam and Dick so he wants everything gone.....
Old 20 Nov 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3168883)   #4
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it is a genuine attempt to sell the car then things must be pretty desperate for DJ as i can't believe that he would want to sell the weapon that brought him his one bright light and sense of accomplishment in an otherwise very ordinary period for results.
JC should put his hand in his pocket ?
Old 20 Nov 2012, 03:22 (Ref:3168887)   #5
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to destroy everyone in the Kumho series in that.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3168893)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Read the ad closely and you see the car is yet to be restored... So... a punter rocks up with his/her $450,000 and work commences

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Nov 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3168974)   #7
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not buy it in a rebuilt state, and race it in DVS?

A bit too new to mothball for sentimental reasons in my opinion.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3168978)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Why not buy it in a rebuilt state, and race it in DVS?

A bit too new to mothball for sentimental reasons in my opinion.
What spec would it be delivered in?
Old 20 Nov 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3168987)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully the fastest!
Old 21 Nov 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3169395)   #10
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man you guys jump to all kinds of conclusions!!!

As I read it, it was the championship winning car in 2010, and James Moffet's car for 2011 in JB colours and 2012 in yellow / black Norton colours ( and Tru Blu at Bathurst ). The car will no longer be eligible next year with the introduction of CoTF, so they are advertising it for sale and it will be restored back to 2012 JB colours at the conclusion of this years' championship. Pretty simple really, and pretty logical from the teams' point of view - old car no longer eligible but still worth a chuck so flog it to the highest bidder.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3169404)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Unless I missed something, this 'car' is actually a gutted shell, the bits and pieces of interest made it into the previously unused FG shell which Mr Moffat is now running in Norton colours

So.. the ad saying the car will be restored when someone wants to buy it likely means the team has to source new bits to finish the resto job

Not saying its good or bad, but unless I missed something, the 'car' is currently incomplete..
Old 22 Nov 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3169682)   #12
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Man you guys jump to all kinds of conclusions!!!

As I read it, it was the championship winning car in 2010, and James Moffet's car for 2011 in JB colours and 2012 in yellow / black Norton colours ( and Tru Blu at Bathurst ). The car will no longer be eligible next year with the introduction of CoTF, so they are advertising it for sale and it will be restored back to 2012 JB colours at the conclusion of this years' championship. Pretty simple really, and pretty logical from the teams' point of view - old car no longer eligible but still worth a chuck so flog it to the highest bidder.
Yeah the car might be no good, but when some says they're going to restore the car, but then puts it up for sale instead, you can't help but somehow smell something fishy about it.

I'm sure some cashed up, Courtney loving fan will buy it, but with probably a proviso in the contract that says DJR can call up any time and ask for the car back for promotional reasons or display it long term in the workshop.