Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Mar 2003, 18:44 (Ref:546664)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Tracks

If you were designing a F1 track what would it be like?
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:19 (Ref:546707)   #2
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa!!!
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:37 (Ref:546734)   #3
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
straights, loop the loops and lots of bendy bits!!!!! Oh no wait sorry thats my scilectrix (sp) set hehe

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 21:34 (Ref:546851)   #4
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Umm...like old Hocki? I am not original
Old 25 Mar 2003, 04:43 (Ref:547071)   #5
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, hilly for starts, 220-270kmh sweeping bends and rolling, hilly corners, some with concrete wall guarded insides and gravel trap outers to keep it blind. Small tunnel section that punches them under a section of the hill which spectators sit on and get great viewing from. Trees shading some of the straightaways guarded by three layers of speed decreasing catch nets.

Most defining point on the course are the 120m tunnel which after exit pours out onto a downhill run into a tight left hander. 'Courage' which is a left sweeper into 180 degree tight but constant outer track radius corner (Radius about 80metres) into small straight (80m) before a long, increasing radius S that widens, but rolls over two peaks.

Main challange of track is throttle control. Even with traction control judging speed over crests mid corner at 220 to 270kmh will challange their abilities in car control. Target length of about 6.2 to 6.7 kilometres. Cool track in the shadow of hills. Would make for viewing spectacle with a few very hard breaking corners. (Bottom of chute straight, and after that sweeper section is a good section of straight before heavily banked complete hairpin.)

Last edited by golem; 25 Mar 2003 at 04:45.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 04:53 (Ref:547078)   #6
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

http://www.etracks.freeserve.co.uk/Designs/mesa.html
Old 25 Mar 2003, 07:16 (Ref:547140)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FAST!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 08:56 (Ref:547204)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something along the lines of the Nordschleife or Bathurst (without Caltex Chase). I wouldn't build over the originals, there is no way i'd spoil them just to make it suitable for an F1 race

Last edited by racer69; 25 Mar 2003 at 08:59.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 16:33 (Ref:547676)   #9
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno, I like the chase. One of the faster corners in the world. Could you imagine how fast an F1 would fly through that? Then trying to get onto the right side and brake. I still say F1 at the mountain would rock on a whole new level. Played the V8 Supercars game and it seems even better to drive about than to view. Now I see why people like to race on it.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 19:53 (Ref:547880)   #10
Dick Spanner
Racer

Being slightly (ok very) silly for a moment, people have always claimed that due to the terrific downforce an F1 car generates it would actually run upside down. How about a big round fully surfaced tunnel, be fun until someone tried slipstreaming!!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 20:07 (Ref:547895)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Or a track with gun emplacements, so you could machine gun the ones you don't like?
Old 25 Mar 2003, 20:11 (Ref:547901)   #12
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always wanted to see a corner with 90 degree banking, Dick. Straight vertical.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 20:12 (Ref:547904)   #13
Dick Spanner
Racer

No, put the gun's on the car's so the driver's can take each other out. And missiles, heat seeker's and, and, and I'll get my coat.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 20:14 (Ref:547909)   #14
Dick Spanner
Racer

Lee that would be really cool, I guess the slipstreaming thing would still apply. I believe I can fly....
Old 26 Mar 2003, 19:58 (Ref:549157)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If I were to design a track...

It would be long, and incorporating every different type of corner and camber etc there is. Setting a car up would be the nastiest, trickiest - but most FLEXIBLE - compromise in the world.

The corners would occur for a reason, like a mountain or something, and they would be difficult. Lots of things would need to be present to make a greater challenge.

Now, the exact lay-out? Not sure, but I have got an idea of it...
Old 27 Mar 2003, 09:46 (Ref:549730)   #16
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, my track would be with following parts of real tracks:

First corner must be slow, so you can see happening in the start. So my decision is first corner of Buenos Aires track (used in 1995-98 in F1)

Then I start Spa section including downhill from La Source, through Eau Rouge and ending in Les Combes right-left-right chicane.
Then I include Carousel from Elkhart Lake. One of the longest corners in motor racing.

Then maybe the slowest, Grand Hotel corner (formerly Loews) in Monaco. Starting quite a good straight, let's go through 130R in Suzuka. Next corner is oval corner from Indianapolis GP track (clockwise, right-hander)

After long straight I add Flugplatz from Nürburgring Nordscleife. For modern cars it would be interesting, will they fly a little?

Then I turn to Laguna Seca and Corkscrew. I love watching that corner. Macau's Reservoir Bend is next (water on both sides of the track)

Copse from Silvestone is next and then I take only fantasy corner on my track. It would be mirrorized Parabolica. So turn left instead of right.

So:
Curvón, Eau Rouge, Kemmel, Les Combes, Carousel, Grand, 130R, Indy oval corner, Flugplatz, Corkscrew, Reservoir, Copse, mirror Parabolica.

With few small kinks it would be the track where start and finish are in same spot.