Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Apr 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3393486)   #6526
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Prototypes should be just that. If they want to have a road car look, they could evolve the current DTM/GT500's a little and have the Mustang/Camaro or rather CTS-V running imo.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:38 (Ref:3393612)   #6527
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
No more Muscle Milk LMP2 car the rest of the year I guess.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:40 (Ref:3393613)   #6528
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=27556

Muscle Milk is OUT.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3393615)   #6529
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Truly not surprised. Feel sorry for those let go.

Last edited by Breitling24; 17 Apr 2014 at 01:10.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:55 (Ref:3393616)   #6530
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BoP depending, ESM wont' be far behind.

Pickett said at the end of 2013 he would not run a DP. He's stuck to his guns. NASCAR has screwed the ACO based prototypes.

Elkins tweeted today they are working on "tweaking" the BoP to "perfection" Unless that nets them 10mph, and over a second a lap, P2 will ALWAYS be left behind.

They can reap what they sow..
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3393617)   #6531
Baigu
Rookie

Canada
Ottawa
Baigu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
less and less reasons for me to attend Mosport...
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3393621)   #6532
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigu View Post
And me, Laguna Seca.
Also, having a nice lunch in Austin before heading out to CotA for the evening event.

Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3393622)   #6533
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigu View Post
I live in Dallas, a scant 3 hours from Austin. I wouldn't be going down there this September if the WEC wasn't running. Sorry IMSA, but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

And nevermind my Road America plans
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3393626)   #6534
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DP domination. I guess this is what happens when you go from walking over a limited field to facing giants like Ganassi. ESM was embarrassing at Long Beach. If they go too then audios amigo. Maybe (hopefully) they'll take the ALMS fanbase with them.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3393627)   #6535
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
DP domination. I guess this is what happens when you go from walking over a limited field to facing giants like Ganassi. ESM was embarrassing at Long Beach. If they go too then audios amigo. Maybe (hopefully) they'll take the ALMS fanbase with them.
You seem to be ignoring that 90% of TUSC fans are ALMS fans only....

If MMPR is out come Road America (and nobody else arrives in P2), I will not be going. I will be going to RA for the PWC race though!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3393628)   #6536
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The series dies with thinking like that. But thats ok, out of its ashes will be something better. I wonder what Pickett will do next... Id push for another series running aco spec cars or join pwc.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3393629)   #6537
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is gutting.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3393632)   #6538
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The series dies with thinking like that. But thats ok, out of its ashes will be something better. I wonder what Pickett will do next... Id push for another series running aco spec cars or join pwc.
Any other series might be quite a ways off though, as releasing employees is rather telling.

Old 17 Apr 2014, 01:41 (Ref:3393635)   #6539
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Pickett isn't a typical motorsports owner, he is a businessman. Release employee's (non-essential) is the smart move when nothing immediate is planned.

Klaus and Lucas are still under contract.

He is planning right now, and keeping his most important assets (the name, the drivers, the car). Pit crew personnel are in all honesty, easily replaceable and trainable.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3393640)   #6540
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't believe ESM will go away unless I see it. They will be at Laguna and we can hope that they contend this time. This team seems to be either on their A game or have a real bad race. Not much in between for them. They were like that in GTE too. Either contending for victory or running in the back of the pack.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 03:13 (Ref:3393652)   #6541
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
^ This comment is totally ridiculous, as well as incredibly rude.

Pickett racing has gone head to head with top quality teams such as Rebellion.
The Dp domination is a series orchestrated farce.
As far as the fanbase, Jim Frances new IMSA has clearly shown that we are not wanted.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 03:17 (Ref:3393654)   #6542
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Maybe (hopefully) they'll take the ALMS fanbase with them.
Well, at least you half dozen left will have plenty of room at the fence.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3393665)   #6543
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Well, at least you half dozen left will have plenty of room at the fence.
Nah dude, the stands were PACKED in every GA race there ever was!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3393669)   #6544
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Nah dude, the stands were PACKED in every GA race there ever was!
Speaking of, have they released any attendance figures for this season so far?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 04:11 (Ref:3393672)   #6545
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Pescarolo was 10 seconds off the pace of diesels did he quit? ALMS fans want parity or is this an 'us vs them' thing? Only good thing about the ALMS was the factory P1s and GTLM. The rest is expendable. Its hard to feel sorry for ALMS P2 teams when the new guy in town Oak is half a second+ faster then the ALMS champ. Rebellion was a second faster last year. Thats not IMSA's fault. Hopefully Honda gets Andretti Autosport to run their new cars next year.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 04:23 (Ref:3393674)   #6546
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I won't believe ESM will go away unless I see it. They will be at Laguna and we can hope that they contend this time. This team seems to be either on their A game or have a real bad race. Not much in between for them. They were like that in GTE too. Either contending for victory or running in the back of the pack.
Not entirely true. They will run Laguna. If they can contend and win(won't happen because BoP sucks)they will stay. If it doesn't, they will walk.

Anyone who can't understand that the BoP still and always will HEAVILY favor the DP is a right moron.

MMPR stepped away to see what would happen at Long Beach, they had their results and data from Daytona and Sebring...the BoP wasn't adjusted except for the race winning car between Sebring and Long Beach even though it needed to be done.

If nothing happens for Laguna, well, don't be so certain they stay.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Apr 2014, 04:37 (Ref:3393677)   #6547
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
When Pescarolo was 10 seconds off the pace of diesels did he quit? ALMS fans want parity or is this an 'us vs them' thing? Only good thing about the ALMS was the factory P1s and GTLM. The rest is expendable. Its hard to feel sorry for ALMS P2 teams when the new guy in town Oak is half a second+ faster then the ALMS champ. Rebellion was a second faster last year. Thats not IMSA's fault. Hopefully Honda gets Andretti Autosport to run their new cars next year.

You don't understand BoP or how cars build their times....and you can't compare times from last year to this year.

And for what it's worth Pescarolo demanded parity and never got it. Last I checked, he's not racing. Financial woes stopped that team dead. Why? No results. Why? No parity. It's simple why teams are bailing.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3393683)   #6548
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So they couldn't fix there mechanical woes and decided to quit, that's too bad. I think a Nissan powered p2 car would do quite well at Laguna Seca actually.

I don't understand why the P2 class is dying everywhere but the ELMS

Maybe they need a little bit of manufacturer backing to be successful, maybe that why the DPs team are strong. Chevy and Ford do seem to support there teams. Perhaps the ACO and the FIA need to be more flexible with the p2 class and allow a bit more factory development. Maybe allow some pro-pro team. Would that be a good idea?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 05:30 (Ref:3393685)   #6549
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come to think of it, despite launching new LMP2 cars this year like the HPD ARX-04b, DOME S103, and the Ligier, I'm worried that they won't be coming for next year if the BoP was not truly fixed.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 07:11 (Ref:3393712)   #6550
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The mechanical issues where just a cover,an excuse.MMPR has had worse sebring's with the Porsche,aston,and the hpd,but they still kept on racing.when highcroft was the better team muscle milk was still racing.

I think pickett made the best decision,and so did dyson.it doesn't matter what powers a p2,it's painfully obvious now bop is for keeping p2s behind dps and Chevys behind fords.if it's not ford,gm,or Porsche any manufacture is going to have a hard time winning.as said before the ford is just a marketing exercise and they need roi that's why we have to see that ford guy every race spew his ecoboost pr crap.thats why it's easy for ganassi to be a “giant” when he's spoon fed wins through bop.and I'm a ford fan and I want to see them win but not this way,sebring and long beach have been bittersweet to me.

I too will depend on how my experience at laguna goes down,Imsa had a great opertunity here but they are blowing it.it may be to late by then.
Closed Thread