Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 12 Jan 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2369733)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Classic Car Anniversaries

Well reading through my January issue of Classic and Sportscar and Classic Cars I learn that 2009 is the fortieth anniversary of the Capri, the 50th anniversary of the Mini and 100 years of Morgan, not to mention 60years since Aston Martin won Le Mans.

So, plenty to celebrate and therefore perhaps a few threads will appear this year, with event details and plans for attendance.

For my part I'm changing my race schedule so that I can be at Castle Combe in August for the Classic week, which will focus on the Capri.
Old 12 Jan 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2370141)   #2
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres the 50th anniversary of the mini event at lydden
Old 12 Jan 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2370173)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YAY Morgan
I will have one one day complete
a trad Moggie or maybe a +8 for certain.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2370984)   #4
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is also the 50th anniversary of Garrie Cooper's Elfin Cars, from Adelaide South Australia.

The Muscle Car Masters event at Eastern Creek raceway in Sydney has each year a display and parade lap for road cars of the models commemorating anniversaries, last year I went up there with Dad and took part. There were roughly 70 cars representing the 4 models at a guess.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2372470)   #5
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Peter Nightingale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
It is also the 50th anniversary of Garrie Cooper's Elfin Cars, from Adelaide South Australia.

The Muscle Car Masters event at Eastern Creek raceway in Sydney has each year a display and parade lap for road cars of the models commemorating anniversaries, last year I went up there with Dad and took part. There were roughly 70 cars representing the 4 models at a guess.
Please do not forget that an Australian developed and built engine won the F1 world championship with an AUSTRALIAN driver.....
Old 16 Jan 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2372476)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't that 66? Not a milestone anniversary then.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2372531)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Another anniversary: sixty years of the Austin J40.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2374183)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was indeed 1966 - 1967 was Denny Hulme from NZ then 1968 & 9 people from other parts of the world...

2009 is also the 40th anniversaries of the first Ford Falcon GTHO and the Bolwell Nagari