Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 Jan 2004, 03:03 (Ref:843506)   #1
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly OT - Great UK Monaro test

Jeremy Clarkson at his very best - hooning around with a Monaro on a UK airfield! Well worth downloading

www.linenoyz.net/videos/topgearGTO.wmv
Old 20 Jan 2004, 03:29 (Ref:843522)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Better off in the Roadcar forum I think
Old 20 Jan 2004, 03:38 (Ref:843527)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
... and a great download btw!
Old 20 Jan 2004, 14:53 (Ref:844121)   #4
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After that press release said that the Monaro was going to badged as a Vauxhall, the TG piece didn't say anything about that. Only that Vauxhall were bringing some over.

Will it be badged a Vauxhall or a Holden?
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:10 (Ref:844133)   #5
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe it'll be badged a Vauxhall. That was the plan. Though I guess they may listen to the potential punter and keep the Holden badge...
Old 20 Jan 2004, 20:14 (Ref:844481)   #6
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's mad! What a lunatic. Wuss!

BTW, how many sets of tyres did he use for that shoot?
Old 21 Jan 2004, 02:10 (Ref:844882)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Emfa
That's mad! What a lunatic. Wuss!

BTW, how many sets of tyres did he use for that shoot?
No idea, but thats clearly one of those cars you only want to drive if you don't own it
Old 21 Jan 2004, 17:07 (Ref:845614)   #8
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
noise boy 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I have been thinking that I may have a trip to the local pontiac dealer to test-drive a gto. I am not enamored of the styling, but the powertrain is to die for. It'll be just my luck that if they have one, it will be an automatic trans model (love living in the USA ). Robert
Old 6 Feb 2004, 15:21 (Ref:865510)   #9
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
Well the local pontiac dealer has a sign out front that the 2004 GTO's are there, but of course there is 1/2" of ice on the ground and rain falling on top of that, so I don't think that today will be the day. The link above died, but the same video can be found here: http://www.sleepy-fish.com/other_veh.htm about halfway down the page, along with a drag race pitting the 440hp tuner version of the monaro against a supercharged jag. Robert
Old 20 Feb 2004, 22:59 (Ref:880898)   #10
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
Well Monday I had some time on my hands, and thought "I think I will go attempt to get the sales guy to believe I might actually buy one of these so I can go for a test drive" So off to the dealership I went, only to discover the ONE gto they had was sold (couldn't even sit in it) and the next one won't be around for a week or two, but he says he will call me when it shows. No great loss, the one they had was an automatic anyhow, the next one is supposed to be red with a six speed. We shall see, Robert
Old 1 Mar 2004, 17:30 (Ref:890348)   #11
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
In the ever continuing monologue, I went by the dealer saturday, and lo and behold the red gto was sitting there in the showroom. So I coerced the sales guy into letting me sit in it, which solved the dilemma for me. I can't see out the windshield without hunching over to look under the top part of it (as a note here, I am 6'4" so this is a very common problem with newer cars). Also it left me cold, not excited so no GTO for me (but I am going to try and score the drivetrain out of the first one that get's wrecked to transplant into the beast). Robert

Last edited by noise boy 2; 1 Mar 2004 at 17:31.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 00:25 (Ref:893016)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Shame you did'nt get to drive it mate, would have been interesting to hear your feedback
Old 4 Mar 2004, 15:13 (Ref:893610)   #13
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Shame you did'nt get to drive it mate, would have been interesting to hear your feedback
I don't think that they would have let me out of the showroom in it without at least starting the paperwork to buy it I am not quite ready to do that, I would have to liquidate the camaro first, and that would take a few days (ebay). The sales guy said they are only going to get 5-7 of them for the year, and they are selling them on a first come first serve basis. The one that they had had a 33,000 USD sticker price, with a dealer markup of another 2000 on top of that. Interestingly, it doesn't get the gas guzzler tax if it has a six speed manual, but does get the tax if you get one with an automatic. The wierd bit with the seating was that I didn't have the seat all the way back to get comfortable in relation to the pedals wheel and shifter, but with the height issue it was all for not anyhow . Robert
Old 3 Apr 2004, 05:30 (Ref:928048)   #14
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rumours about Monaro engine problems appear to have reached the UK...
:
Attached Thumbnails
admonaro.jpg