Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Feb 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3020007)   #876
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
I'm starting to understand your username now, a lot of emphasis on peck not so much on star.

Your comments are so far off the mark it is hilarious....clearly you have not been to a GT event in Victoria with car clubs marque very supportive of the GT cclass with bigger plans this year.
im not sure why you feel the need to attack me personally. maybe you have a lack of emphasis on pecker.

But that aside, i am entitled to my opinion, if i was at all interested in GT i would be over in the GT forum discussing them, where as clearly i am in a touring car forum discussing a 24 hour race at bathurst, which unfortunately for motorsport in Australia has been raped by GT cars, although i am thinking that unless things improve that 2013 might be its last
Old 1 Feb 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3020024)   #877
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
im not sure why you feel the need to attack me personally. maybe you have a lack of emphasis on pecker.

But that aside, i am entitled to my opinion, if i was at all interested in GT i would be over in the GT forum discussing them, where as clearly i am in a touring car forum discussing a 24 hour race at bathurst, which unfortunately for motorsport in Australia has been raped by GT cars, although i am thinking that unless things improve that 2013 might be its last
No direct attacking just all good fun and banter

I understand your point....I enjoyed the older days of GT-P with the M3R, 968CS & RX-7's etc....and then later with the WRX and others. Hek I,loved the days of Brad Jones in the Perrier Starion.

But GT now that we have current spec cars coming is really the only track catergory that we could (emphasis on could) compete on a global scale....I think the future is bright for GT Class in Australia....it would be brighter if Quinn and the other parties could come to an agreement and move forward together. There has been enough politics and fighting in motorsport in Australia just once some harmony would be good.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3020044)   #878
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin short is coming out to co drive with john briggs at clipsal in the mosler, i wonder if its possible that rod salmon could convince him to race at bathurst.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3020047)   #879
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Agreed. Whether TQ decides the 12Hr is something he wants to be a part of or not, I think he owes it to the other GT competitors to try and make the scheduling work, so that other GT competitors have the opportunity to do both events if they desire.
I believe he tried as much as he could but claimed that the promoter James Obrien had little or no interest in the Australian GT field and was more focused on getting internationals to the race.

From what i remember in 2010 there were rumblings already within the production runners regarding how james obrien treated them, made decisions, entry costs increasing significantly etc.

The promoter needs to do what they can to fix the schedule clashes next year, maybe even change the event to a december or early aprill date. To put gt cars on the map in australia the race needs the australian contingent to support it.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3020054)   #880
woodduck97
Rookie

woodduck97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
I believe he tried as much as he could but claimed that the promoter James Obrien had little or no interest in the Australian GT field and was more focused on getting internationals to the race.

From what i remember in 2010 there were rumblings already within the production runners regarding how james obrien treated them, made decisions, entry costs increasing significantly etc.

The promoter needs to do what they can to fix the schedule clashes next year, maybe even change the event to a december or early aprill date. To put gt cars on the map in australia the race needs the australian contingent to support it.
To James' credit, it was his idea to bring back the race in the first instance, so I suppose to that degree it is his event to do what he wishes with. His baby, his show.

Yes, it is common knowledge that James and TQ don't see eye to eye and that itself impedes on the ability for the two factions to work cohesively. Motor sport is as much about ego as anything else, and I don't see TQ bending over for anyone. He seems determined that his category will march on.. 12 hour, or no 12 hour.

Also, one of the moves TQ made on take-over of AUS GT was to appoint Spherix as managers. What perhaps isn't as a common a knowledge is that Mssrs Denyer, West and co were fairly unceremoniously dumped as organisational support to the 12 hour in the switch over to GT, with little or no explaination as to why, despite them putting in place the majority of the sponsorship for the event - Armor All being one.

So there is a little bit of niggle between these parties and some "bad taste in mouth" from previous dealings. On one side is the Quinn/Spherix/GT faction, and the 12 hour promoter and his international alliances on the other.

It is hard to see the factions coming together and working together when things aren't exactly warm and fuzzy. especially as TQ is so outspoken as to the abilities of James as an event organiser.

Aaron McGill's Auto-Motion were appointed as organisational support this year, and with him having a better relationship with TQ (as TQ is active as a competitor and naming rights sponsor of the Auto-Motion run Australian Manufacturers championship) perhaps this could be an avenue to extend the olive branch....

But it is a long bow to draw.

The Australian manufacturers championship is moving forward quietly with Aaron McGill at the helm, and it is fair to say he has done an outstanding job with next to no resources or help from the sport's governing body and certain track promoters.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3020056)   #881
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good post woodduck
Old 2 Feb 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3020059)   #882
nafe!
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodduck97 View Post
To James' credit, it was his idea to bring back the race in the first instance, so I suppose to that degree it is his event to do what he wishes with. His baby, his show.

Yes, it is common knowledge that James and TQ don't see eye to eye and that itself impedes on the ability for the two factions to work cohesively. Motor sport is as much about ego as anything else, and I don't see TQ bending over for anyone. He seems determined that his category will march on.. 12 hour, or no 12 hour.

Also, one of the moves TQ made on take-over of AUS GT was to appoint Spherix as managers. What perhaps isn't as a common a knowledge is that Mssrs Denyer, West and co were fairly unceremoniously dumped as organisational support to the 12 hour in the switch over to GT, with little or no explaination as to why, despite them putting in place the majority of the sponsorship for the event - Armor All being one.

So there is a little bit of niggle between these parties and some "bad taste in mouth" from previous dealings. On one side is the Quinn/Spherix/GT faction, and the 12 hour promoter and his international alliances on the other.

It is hard to see the factions coming together and working together when things aren't exactly warm and fuzzy. especially as TQ is so outspoken as to the abilities of James as an event organiser.

Aaron McGill's Auto-Motion were appointed as organisational support this year, and with him having a better relationship with TQ (as TQ is active as a competitor and naming rights sponsor of the Auto-Motion run Australian Manufacturers championship) perhaps this could be an avenue to extend the olive branch....

But it is a long bow to draw.

The Australian manufacturers championship is moving forward quietly with Aaron McGill at the helm, and it is fair to say he has done an outstanding job with next to no resources or help from the sport's governing body and certain track promoters.
Hmmm very insightful regarding Spherix and Mr Obrien.

I get so frustrated with this infighting and fractures in the australian motorsport community, it really is no wonder why v8supercars is the only trully succesful category in australia.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3020125)   #883
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Hmmm very insightful regarding Spherix and Mr Obrien.

I get so frustrated with this infighting and fractures in the australian motorsport community, it really is no wonder why v8supercars is the only trully succesful category in australia.
Gotta agree. All of the parties involved in this disagreement obviously aren't short of a quid and an over inflated ego, but if they could somehow get over their differences, we could really have a world class event that would benefit all the stakeholders. Event dates and scheduling aside, the positives of getting all this amicably sorted out, must outweigh the negatives. These guys surely didn't get to where they are in business without seeing the value of everybody pulling in the same direction. Although I suppose, when you look at motorsport overseas, our blokes ego's pale into insignificance compared to the likes of Bernie Eccleston, the France clan etc.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3020669)   #884
James69181
Rookie

James69181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Obrien screwed production guys ........ period.
Say what you like about TQ but he is genuinely interested in Australian Motorsport.A lot of comment here from would be's who have not spent their money.
Peckster is on the case !
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:36 (Ref:3020807)   #885
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah politics! Always fascinating, seldom satisfying.
Just who (alegedly) were at that (purportedly) boozy lunch in Melbourne around AGP time when this whole shakeup was (rumoured) to have been first discussed?
My guess is that, with one exception, there are few of the then players still involved.
The best laid plans etc.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3020826)   #886
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodduck97
Not 100% correct - This event was already a signed contract (letter of intent) between the Bathurst City Council and another entity but 'somehow' James managed to squeeze in between them. The original event was to be a lot bigger with multiple forms of entertainment, much like a Goodwood Festival of Speed, but centred around a GT3 spec International 12 hour race instead of the GFS hillclimb. This would have helped to source multiple levels of income and keep the event both interesting and more affordable for all.

Am not knocking James though. The event is good & I hope it continues to grow from strength to strength because there are many of us who do like watching other forms of racing other than just V8 Supercars :-)
Old 3 Feb 2012, 05:32 (Ref:3020857)   #887
woodduck97
Rookie

woodduck97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader View Post

Am not knocking James though. The event is good & I hope it continues to grow from strength to strength because there are many of us who do like watching other forms of racing other than just V8 Supercars :-)
Exactly. For a bloke that doesnt come from a motor racing background he has done a magnificent job really, ok, he may have been sold a pup at the 'boozey lunch' Old tony mentioned, but on paper it could have worked. But i guess the old saying of "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" addage could have been applied...
Old 3 Feb 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3020950)   #888
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James69181 View Post
.....A lot of comment here from would be's who have not spent their money......
I'll put my hand up as a "would be" , and as far as spending money is concerned, the fans who turn up and pay our $$ at the track and into the local economy deserve an opinion, whether or not you agree. It's a show, like any other form of sport/entertainment, and it has it's critics. I, like others who will be at Bathurst this year will more than likely discuss the pros and cons of the event when it's all over, on this very discussion forum.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3020990)   #889
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodduck97 View Post
But i guess the old saying of "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" addage could have been applied...
I guess that depends on if it was deemed the event was broken or not?

Whilst having strong grids, the event was by no means successful for the promoter, hence the inclusion of the international aligned GT3 class.

3 weeks before the race, surely there is more important things to chat about?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3021283)   #890
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Klark Quinn was asked on Inside Speed today if they are boycotting the Bathurst 12 hour and his reply whilst showing obvious discomfort was that it was an economic decision.
Seems like the Quinns cant quite get their reasons/excuses worked out between themselves ?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3021291)   #891
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
I'll put my hand up as a "would be" , and as far as spending money is concerned, the fans who turn up and pay our $$ at the track and into the local economy deserve an opinion, whether or not you agree. It's a show, like any other form of sport/entertainment, and it has it's critics. I, like others who will be at Bathurst this year will more than likely discuss the pros and cons of the event when it's all over, on this very discussion forum.
What he said.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3021306)   #892
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
What he said.
x2.

21 days to go!!

Speedlover: looking for drivers Bathurst
Team Speedlover with team manager André van Hoof is looking for drivers for 12H Bathurst.

Available seats are on a Porsche 2010 Cup.

If you still would like to participate during this amazing event, this is your opportunitiy!

Please contact Mr. André van Hoof.

Telephone number: +32 475892879
E-mail: speedlover@skynet.be

Are these guy still planning on coming down?? whats the go.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3021314)   #893
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They sure are leaving it a bit late aren't they?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 4 Feb 2012, 04:39 (Ref:3021321)   #894
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
x2.

21 days to go!!

Speedlover: looking for drivers Bathurst
Team Speedlover with team manager André van Hoof is looking for drivers for 12H Bathurst.

Available seats are on a Porsche 2010 Cup.

If you still would like to participate during this amazing event, this is your opportunitiy!

Please contact Mr. André van Hoof.

Telephone number: +32 475892879
E-mail: speedlover@skynet.be

Are these guy still planning on coming down?? whats the go.
2010 cup car will be in outright class, while I'm a Porsche fan it just won't be quick enough to win. Unless it's a cup r, which it doesn't say.

I thought Albert was looking for a drive?

He's been pretty handy in a Porsche before.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3021337)   #895
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Improved Production entry list
2 O2L Pro Comp Sam Maio NSW Ford Falcon AU
3 U2L Midcity Hotel Hobart Darren Elphinstone Tas Nissan Silvia S14
4 O2L Kolmark Leigh Forrest Tas Toyota Celica T
7 O2L Neumann Petroleum Jason Clements Qld BMW M3
8 O2L Holden Motorsport / Briffa Smash Steve Briffa NSW VE Clubsport
9 O2L Allfords Wreckers Wayne Alway VIC Mazda RX7
10 O2L CBK Cons'tion / Sams Performance Ahmed Baghdadi NSW Holden VX SS
12 U2L Phillip Hunter Smash Repairs Scott Hunter NSW Toyota Corolla
14 O2L Paul Rowe Motorsport Paul Rowe VIC Masda RX 7
16 O2L Grand Auto Mark Short SA Dutsun 1600 T
17 O2L Racetec David Bone Vic Nissan 1600 T
18 O2L Don Anthony Motors James Atkinson VIC VX Clubsport
19 O2L Electromaster Brisbane David Waldon Qld Mazda 808 coupe
20 O2L Detroit Diesel Rod Thorpe NSW Holden Comm GTS
23 O2L Fenner Dunlop Ray Hislop Tas Ford Falcon BF
24 U2L Justin McKlintock NSW Suzuki Swift Gti
28 O2L Tewnty 8 Pty LTD Peter Lettice Qld Mitsubishi Lancer
30 O2L Probuilders.com.au Alex Veryinis NSW VX Clubsport
31 U2L Automotive Services Forster Ashley Birks NSW Holden Gemini
32 O2L Pirate Racing Peter Foote NSW Masda RX 7
33 U2L SSS Automotive Jeff Fear NSW Nissan Pulsar
37 O2L Tempest Air Conditioning Anthony Loscialpo NSW Holden Comm VY
39 O2L Uptile Strathpine Roger Spencer Qld Mini
40 O2L Uptile Strathpine Tren Spencer Qld BMW E36 323i
41 O2L Tony Virag Tony Virag NSW Comm GTS
42 O2L Grahpic Skills Racing David Skillender Qld Holden Comm
44 O2L Highbury Automotive Paul Rule Vic Holden Torana SS
45 O2L Clean-up Skip Bins Kyle Organ Moore Qld Holden Comm VS
46 O2L Vereker Bros Smash / Vereker Stone Kane Vereker VIC Masda RX 7
47 O2L Heinrich Performance Bruce Heinrich SA Holden Comm VZ HSV
49 O2L WDT Asset Management Wayne Twist VIC Mitsubishi Cordia T
53 U2L Shanes Signs Shane Fowler NSW Suzuki Swift Gti
54 O2L Rob Thompson Robert Thompson VIC Nissan Silvia
55 O2L BJP Automotive Karl Parsons Vic Datsun 1200 Coupe T
56 O2L Sydney-complete Soda blasting Marty Miller NSW HSV Clubsport VZ
58 O2L Robert Wilson Robert Wilson VIC Suzuki Swift Gti
60 O2L Professional Traffic Solutions Bob Brewer NSW Holden Comm VY
64 O2L JKL Constructions John Angiolella VIC BMW E30
65 O2L The Dent Man Brett Howard NSW Holden Comm GTS
69 O2L Redline Rotary Graeme Shea NSW Mazda Capella
71 O2L Bootsworx Mark Ruta SA Masda 808 T
73 O2L WPS Racing Products Ben Schoots Vic Mazda RX7
76 O2L Vereker Bros Smash / Vereker Stone Daniel Vereker VIC Masda RX 7
77 O2L Aussie Stop Leak Richard Mork NSW Honda Integra
78 O2L Tutton Plumbing Mark Tutton NSW Subaru Sti
81 O2L G & K Refrigeration Group Geofferey Kite NSW Holden Comm VY
83 O2L Nulon Engine Oil Chris Brown SA Toyota Sprinter T
86 O2L Braune Supa Tune Robert Braune VIC BMW E30
88 O2L Bearings Tasmania Alan Bushby Tas Holden Comm
96 O2L Doug Moss Doug Moss NSW Datun 120Y
98 U2L RPM Mechanical Repairs Christopher Evans Qld Datsun 1200 Coupe
130 U2L Ron Bohm Roofing Graham Bohm NSW Honda Civic
144 U2L A & E Metalcraft / SSS Automotive Andrew Cherni NSW Datsun 1200
155 O2L Anderson Motorsport Brian Anderson NSW BMW E46 3 Series
188 O2L Wake-Up Backpackers Warren Millett NSW Holden Comm VX

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 4 Feb 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3021338)   #896
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go #53!
Old 4 Feb 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3021339)   #897
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great field of IP cars.

Only 9 U2L cars though, is it really that one sided on a state and national level?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3021343)   #898
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Great field of IP cars.

Only 9 U2L cars though, is it really that one sided on a state and national level?
That's to help #53
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3021346)   #899
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excluding Mt Panorama, who will be challenging Hislop?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3021359)   #900
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Excluding Mt Panorama, who will be challenging Hislop?

In no particular order, just depending on the day.
Short 1600
Atkinson VX
Schoots Rx7
Vereker Rx7
Skillender VS
Ruta 808
Heinrich VY

And 2 cars to watch for giant killing performances
Fear Pulsar
Hunter Corolla

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either