Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Oct 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3160512)   #2751
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should've added it's subscriber only...
Old 31 Oct 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3160531)   #2752
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
According to DSC the LFA GTE will race at the N24 in 2013 with Iida as one of the drivers under Gazoo Racing.
Well its good to see the car is intended to be raced somewhere instead of sitting in the workshop. Just wish it was also being raced around the world in some type of world championship or this 24hr race in France I keeping on hearing about lately.....
Old 31 Oct 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3160634)   #2753
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
GTE but no ACO races?
Old 31 Oct 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3160636)   #2754
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
GTE but no ACO races?
Might be that they've abandoned the program in favor of the TS03, but still would like to see it in action at least once?
Old 31 Oct 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3160688)   #2755
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, according to the countless number of nurburgring packages, a final serious racing car effort wouldn't have been very strange.

Good news if it races more than just 2013 N24... Other one off like the P4/5
Old 1 Nov 2012, 04:02 (Ref:3160856)   #2756
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
More positive news from Japan as YGK/Tokai University continue development on their engine and hybrid system.

Looks interesting, especially the test car.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14184.html
Looks kind of like a Garaiya...
Old 1 Nov 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3161130)   #2757
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nice boost for the WEC with the news that IndyCar squad HVM will run in P2 next year with an as-yet unnamed chassis.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-lmp2-program/
Old 1 Nov 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3161135)   #2758
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A nice boost for the WEC with the news that IndyCar squad HVM will run in P2 next year with an as-yet unnamed chassis.

I thought something may have been in the works, Keith Wiggins was in the paddock at Petit. The question to me is how many of the U.S. based P2 teams will use Sebring as a warm up?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3161146)   #2759
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:

LMP2 is now officially crazy.

I distinctly remember a few on-air moments on RLM at Le Mans in 2010, when the cost-capped P2 formula was announced officially, and there was an air of doom and gloom about all the discussions concerning the class, people were saying "oh, it'll just be FLM cars and a Norma or two". Two years later? Biggest class in the WEC and Le Mans field, and still growing despite the issues with Lola...
Old 1 Nov 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3161183)   #2760
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

While I hope they do get a program together, they have yet to decide on a chassis. Will they be able to get a chassis in time to make the grid in Silverstone? Do they already have a gentleman lined up to pay? Important factors in my mind.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3161188)   #2761
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
LMP2 is now officially crazy.

I distinctly remember a few on-air moments on RLM at Le Mans in 2010, when the cost-capped P2 formula was announced officially, and there was an air of doom and gloom about all the discussions concerning the class, people were saying "oh, it'll just be FLM cars and a Norma or two". Two years later? Biggest class in the WEC and Le Mans field, and still growing despite the issues with Lola...
Much like the doom sayers with respect to GTE , and their still at it too !!!
Old 1 Nov 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3161196)   #2762
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P2 is doing well and continuing to improve---right out of North America.

If a bunch of these cars could commit to ALMS we might have a chance at a decent series in 2014. However ... And as for GTE in WEC ... ranks a little thin, you think?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3161205)   #2763
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

If a bunch of these cars could commit to ALMS we might have a chance at a decent series in 2014. However ... And as for GTE in WEC ... ranks a little thin, you think?
Yeah, and there's a world outside NA, and, in fact, for many U.S. Americans, WEC is much easier to watch live and in its entirety than the ALMS is.

Speaking for myself, I'm thrilled. I'd rather see all the P2s and GTEs as possible in WEC, than see P2s and GTEs in the context of Grand-Am's classes and officiating etc.

This is good news. A healthy WEC and a healthy Le Mans field are things no fans of sports car racing in any country should be against.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3161213)   #2764
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guess I'm right to assume that on the basis that Loeb is only doing a few rallies next year, and the Citroen WTCC car won't be ready till '14, he'll be driving his own car at most races then? Hopefully it means he'll return to Le Mans.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3161283)   #2765
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
GTE in the WEC isn't really worth watching, luckily they hardly ever show it on the feed. We'll see what happens with this "merger" series. If it is DP's at the front, I'd actually hope the quality GTE entries choose to go to the WEC.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3161315)   #2766
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
GTE in the WEC isn't really worth watching, luckily they hardly ever show it on the feed. We'll see what happens with this "merger" series. If it is DP's at the front, I'd actually hope the quality GTE entries choose to go to the WEC.
This is a great point and a perspective I hadn't looked at things from before.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3161415)   #2767
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That should change next year.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 06:43 (Ref:3161431)   #2768
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As someone who has watched it all season I fundamentally disagree - We've had some great racing at several races this season - Yes they need more cars but we've had major on-track battles involving just about every GTE Pro runner durting the season
Old 2 Nov 2012, 07:11 (Ref:3161437)   #2769
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It was great to see Aston Martin finally take a win with their Vantage! That's for sure.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3161443)   #2770
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

In WEC , yes , but rumours are gathering speed . ALMS GTE has the best grids at present by far .

+1 for Aston
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3161504)   #2771
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
As someone who has watched it all season I fundamentally disagree - We've had some great racing at several races this season - Yes they need more cars but we've had major on-track battles involving just about every GTE Pro runner durting the season
I have to agree with Graham here. I really enjoyed the GT racing this year, I think you need to see them "in the flesh" to appreciate them more. The cars are visually and aurally stunning and I have better memories of the GT battle I witnessed at Spa, and of the crazy Christmas tree lights on the Ferraris at night in Le Mans, than any of the P1 battles.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3161528)   #2772
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
GTE in the WEC isn't really worth watching, luckily they hardly ever show it on the feed.
So now we know who is that mysterious audience that prefers to see Audi people waving flags to seeing final lap/turn overtakes for the lead in other classes! (off the top of my head: GTE in Silevrstone, P2 in Interlagos)
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3161589)   #2773
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Sure, there has been a couple of very good battles, but most of the time not, and you are looking at really a three car GT grid, +1 worth not mentioning, and more often than not the winner ahead by more than a lap. It certainly isn't the quality of the ALMS, in numbers or in terms of competitiveness.

Watching in person is always great... great cars, look good, sound great.. but that doesn't make the RACING worth watching. I guess I've been spoiled watching the ALMS GT battles, where there is always something going on, and that just isn't possible with three car grids, no matter the quality of those cars. It might have been more interesting if there wasn't such early domination by AF Corse as well.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3161610)   #2774
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was really a shame that Luxury fell out of the series. I can't imagine they are coming back but hope so.

It certainly can't measure up to the ALMS which is the benchmark. But it was never really going to do so in the first year. The Porsche situation looks like a bit of a blow potentially but if we can get a few more cars in it could improve on what we saw this year.

That's all you can ask really. Seems like there will be some incremental growth in all categories to push up the car count across the board.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3161635)   #2775
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We'll see what happens with this "merger" series. If it is DP's at the front, I'd actually hope the quality GTE entries choose to go to the WEC.
amen. (factory corvettes, vipers and bmw z4 to the wec). not certain, but no lmp1 and lmp2 in grand alms = FAIL