Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2002, 17:53 (Ref:230982)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari racing F2001 again, is this good?

So, now that they've decided to bring last years car to Malaysia as well, do you think it will be as dominant?

I still think TGF will be in the top 3 in qualifying with last year's car, even with the fancy new Michelin's that the Macs and Willy's will have. During the race... well, lets just say I have my doubts about the Mac's reliability.

Hopefully we'll see a TGF Ralph Montoya battle for top spot
Old 8 Mar 2002, 17:57 (Ref:230988)   #2
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They call it F2001 but it only raced in the last race and only for Schumacher. That is hardly last years car...LOL

Hope Halfie is inspired this time a gets rid of both Ferrari's at the start...LOL
Old 8 Mar 2002, 17:58 (Ref:230990)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
You didn't answer the question BB.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 18:08 (Ref:230997)   #4
BBKing
Veteran

Of course they will be dominant. Probably not as much as in Australia where my grandma would have lapped the whole field in it but still dominant....LOL
Old 8 Mar 2002, 18:17 (Ref:231009)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
Of course they will be dominant.
Ahhhh-haaaa! Then if JPM wins in the Willy, we will together share the humble pie...
Old 8 Mar 2002, 18:19 (Ref:231011)   #6
BBKing
Veteran

Or you will finally admit that Formula Juan does not need the best car to win....LOL
Old 8 Mar 2002, 18:21 (Ref:231015)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Ok so I'll have two slices and you one...LOL
Old 8 Mar 2002, 19:57 (Ref:231130)   #8
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Ferrari racing F2001 again, is this good?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
[B]So, now that they've decided to bring last years car to Malaysia as well, do you think it will be as dominant?

Had you asked me this question a week ago, I would have said no the Ferraris would not be dominant in Malaysia with the heat and all, and last years car. After watching the last race of last year, as well as the last race in Austrailia, I believe the Ferraris will right up there at the top again. I think the tires played a huge role in the last race, advantage Bridgestone. In the past, the heat has favored the Michelins, but it is a year later and who knows what will happen with regards to tires now.

To answer your question, no I do not think Ferrari will be as dominant, but never count out Michael and what he can do with a car, even a slower less horsepower car with less grip.

I too am hopeful of some good battles between the teams.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 20:15 (Ref:231152)   #9
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i hope it will be a good race too, it would be theee perfect start to the season, i think we were more than a little starved for action in 01' and 00' i think its high time for a classic season and if Montie gets his foot in, wot a season it will be

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 8 Mar 2002, 21:34 (Ref:231189)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunantly, I think they'll just SMASH the field. They are unbeaten at Malaysia....and remember last year. If it rains, no chance for anyone else. If it's dry, stil no chance.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 23:09 (Ref:231253)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Roll on Malaysia!!!!!

The others had better improve soon!!!

And also any weather forecasts? Ive heard that race day has had thunderstorms for 4 of the last 5 years!!! FORZA FERRARI!!
Old 8 Mar 2002, 23:25 (Ref:231264)   #12
dman007
Racer

Rain usually favors MS. It amazes me how he can stay out on drys and run in wet conditions. I do not recall for sure who had an advantage with rain tires. Anybody have some insight on the rain tire battle?
Old 8 Mar 2002, 23:32 (Ref:231276)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what i know Bridgestone are the better wet tyres. Michelin were a bit off the pace. I think.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 04:44 (Ref:231438)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Going back to the title of this thread, I can see nothing wrong with Ferrari's tactics. While the team is racing the F2001, which is nothing like last year's car BTW, they have two guys testing the new F2002 at home. Any lack of dominance will be due to the new Michelin tyres and not because there is something wrong with the F2001. And if I remember correctly, the thunderstorms in KL this time of the year are very regular. A dry race would be a miracle. Let's hope the Webbster can avoid the anticipated trouble of the other teams, and bring home more points.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 9 Mar 2002 at 04:50.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 04:57 (Ref:231442)   #15
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari is so far ahead right now that they would be crazy to change anything. why risk the reliability problems of a new car when the old (sort of) car is as reliable as an old nail and in it's own world on speed alone?

Save the new car for when it is as reliable as the current one. You can really kick the stuffing and heart out of the opposition by bringing it out just when they think they are gaining.

Still, at this rate, ferrari won't need the new car until 2004.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 08:55 (Ref:231509)   #16
Y! da Man!
Rookie

Y! da Man! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the fact is that whether ferrari have improved or not the rest of the teams are so far back that they s*ck in comparison to the F2001..and im not even sure if they could beat the F2000.......

so it looks as if cheat-macher is going to win another WDC....;(

Last edited by Y! da Man!; 9 Mar 2002 at 08:57.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 16:45 (Ref:231706)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Y! da Man!

so it looks as if cheat-macher is going to win another WDC....;(
Old 11 Mar 2002, 16:58 (Ref:232906)   #18
dman007
Racer

so it looks as if cheat-macher is going to win another WDC....;( [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you inferring that MS cheated in Austrailia?
Old 12 Mar 2002, 06:57 (Ref:233341)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why should Ferrari run the new car in Malaysia if they are still worried about the reliability of the F2002?

The F2001 is a tried and tested machine, virtually invulnerable to any sort of problems and is still fast compared to most new cars.

It's Ferrari just consolidating the advantage they have on the field. Why risk points just for the sake of racing a new car they know may not finish the race.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 12:24 (Ref:233495)   #20
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari may lose out on the two straights but it will be a good package.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 12:39 (Ref:233504)   #21
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There will be overtaking! Ferrari slow down the straights and into the nice wide tight corners, Williams doing well there. And then Ferrari flying around the sweeping corners, where Mclaren may well be good also.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 13:45 (Ref:233554)   #22
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ferrari slow down the straights and into the nice wide tight corners, Williams doing well there. And then Ferrari flying around the sweeping corners, where Mclaren may well be good also
It's a bit of a dangerous policy Ferrari have there...they obviously back themselves to lead from pole or else they will have trouble overtaking anyone.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 13:59 (Ref:233564)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Teams and drivers make alot of the suggestion that qualifying is everything and that it's hard to overtake these days... and alot of it is rubbish! If this were true we'd have the majority of races with a long procession of cars all stuck behind the pole-sitter. Sepang is very good for overtaking opportunities and qualifying is important more as a guide of pure potential speed, rather than a way of obtaining track position in the race.

In Melbourne Ferrari were running lots of wing, and were clearly no big deal on the straight. Sepang is high downforce (due to poor surface grip) and has two big straights, so they might suffer. Add-in the tyre factor and we could be looking at a strong reply from the number two and three teams... If Mclaren do well as well as Wiliams that could add up to a lot of points taken away from Schumi.

This will increase the pressure for the F2002 in Brazil, and who knows what might happen then... Reliability (which Ferrari have been able to take for granted for quite a while) will be a very big issue, as will legality!

A great season in prospect.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 14:20 (Ref:233578)   #24
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good thing or not? Well it might give the other teams a chance...
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 12 Mar 2002, 15:03 (Ref:233600)   #25
Y! da Man!
Rookie

Y! da Man! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dman007
Are you inferring that MS cheated in Austrailia?
no...im inferring that he has cheated all his life...