Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2611931)   #1176
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Or it could be a photoshopped version of the earlier factory car?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2611933)   #1177
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian Wong joins Mitch Pagerey in the Intersport LMPC car.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2611935)   #1178
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Or it could be a photoshopped version of the earlier factory car?
Hey, you would know! The article doesn't make it clear what type of images are being presented though, to be fair...that would make the interpretation more clear.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2611942)   #1179
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I genuinely don't know - hope they do run at Sebring though.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2611955)   #1180
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Hey, you would know! The article doesn't make it clear what type of images are being presented though, to be fair...that would make the interpretation more clear.
I couldn't tell what the images were either. My first thought was some kind of computer generated image, but then I thought it looked like a photo....
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2611963)   #1181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think that is good news. The LMPC class is actually getting new teams into the ALMS, which has to make the bunch in Braselton very happy.
it's great news...even if not running a full schedule, they another new team to series, which makes me happy, if not the braselton bunch.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2611966)   #1182
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I genuinely don't know - hope they do run at Sebring though.
That is cool - I thought maybe you did given the inside line you would have on many such things. I guess it could be a photoshop/CG image of some type though, if the bodywork is going to be new for 2010 there might be no reason to livery up a current set. Do you know whether the new bodywork will be unveiled at Autosport International, Graham?

With regard to the bear's news, he updated his blog today to suggest that he, like many readers, thought the tone of the message he was passed was more likely to refer to Audi than anything less significant (like a Mansell entry).

Last edited by cmk; 11 Jan 2010 at 23:29.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2612265)   #1183
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
That is cool - I thought maybe you did given the inside line you would have on many such things. I guess it could be a photoshop/CG image of some type though, if the bodywork is going to be new for 2010 there might be no reason to livery up a current set. Do you know whether the new bodywork will be unveiled at Autosport International, Graham?

With regard to the bear's news, he updated his blog today to suggest that he, like many readers, thought the tone of the message he was passed was more likely to refer to Audi than anything less significant (like a Mansell entry).

I now genuinely DO know - It is indeed a photoshopped image and the team won't be at Sebring - move along, nothing to see here!
Old 12 Jan 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2612384)   #1184
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I now genuinely DO know - It is indeed a photoshopped image and the team won't be at Sebring - move along, nothing to see here!
Thanks for digging up the info! But now I'm a little disappointed..... would have been nice to see another p1 stateside.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2612724)   #1185
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed that Sebring is on Miro Konopka's calender, i wonder if he is bring the 997 RSR to Sebring?
Old 13 Jan 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2612851)   #1186
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've noticed some back-and-forth on the Forum as to the intentions of Paul G. and his Jag. The discussion has centered on whether or not he will race this year or whether he will race the full season. The following article on Motorsport.com states they will race the whole ALMS schedule. Hopefully, it is accurate. Only will make the GT2 competition better.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...FS=ALMS-LEMANS

DK
Old 14 Jan 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2613277)   #1187
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marino Franchitti joins Highcroft for 2010.

Great news for Franchitti.
Guess it's just further confirmation that Dyson won't run a second car, though.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2613303)   #1188
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May well do so, but they still do have Devlin in their chamber to team with Leitzinger. Although from what I've read Butch isn't confident he will be in a Mazola this year.

Chris
Old 14 Jan 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2613346)   #1189
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
May well do so, but they still do have Devlin in their chamber to team with Leitzinger. Although from what I've read Butch isn't confident he will be in a Mazola this year.

Chris
As good as the news that Marino will be employed is, I think it is equally bad if Dyson only ends up with a single car entry.

The press release mentioned that Marino will be with the team on every race weekend, and perform extra testing duties. Are David and Simon not capable of doing the testing? To me it sounds like they are going to have an extra driver lined up in case they can get a 2nd car to the grid. That way they only have to pull in one additional driver and Marino would already be familiar with the car.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2613347)   #1190
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all the talk of testing and attending all the races spin is probably more for franchitti's benefit as the end result of this is he has gone from a full time ride to a 2-3 race deal.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2613409)   #1191
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And to stay with the news...Primetime Race Group has confirmed it is moving into LMPC with Joel Feinberg and Kyle Marcelli.

http://tinyurl.com/ydml8z3
Old 14 Jan 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2613467)   #1192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
And to stay with the news...Primetime Race Group has confirmed it is moving into LMPC with Joel Feinberg and Kyle Marcelli.

http://tinyurl.com/ydml8z3
Glad to hear that made official. Primetime has done a nice job in the IMSA Lites the past 2 seasons, it will be interesting to see what they can do with a LMPC machine.

So Primetime and Intersport have their programs announced and in place, and Gunnar, Comprent and Genoa have made mention of at least "hopeful" plans, so that could be 5 entrants right there and with O'Connell Racing stepping in for select events this class is starting to look good.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2613806)   #1193
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.imsaracing.net/2010/alms/...um%2010-02.pdf

I wonder who forgot?

Ben
Old 15 Jan 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2613813)   #1194
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everybody's too broke to test, so don't know!!
Old 15 Jan 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2614010)   #1195
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

Chris
Dyson intends to campaign a single car, and have said so. Any chance of a second car is "remote," and based on "long term" commercial opportunities.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2614251)   #1196
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
..... and based on "long term" commercial opportunities.
Long term commercial opportunities are ample in the ALMS right?
Old 16 Jan 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2614256)   #1197
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Given the economic situation , I wonder has the "Tethford" range of portable crappers taken a dive in sales !!!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2614280)   #1198
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Given the economic situation , I wonder has the "Tethford" range of portable crappers taken a dive in sales !!!
I'd been wondering the same thing (seeing as they ran the second car in a Thetford predominant livery at LS).
Old 16 Jan 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2614310)   #1199
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17852

Quote:
ACS Express has just aquired a FGT that they will run in ALMS.
They've done well with the Mustangs.
Perhaps they can make it happen with the FGT....Good luck to ACS, we'll be watching.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2614312)   #1200
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Thetford is primarily a supplier of toilets to the RV, and marine industries. RV sales have fallen substantially since 2005; there's no doubt Thetford's sales of its primary products have declined. Norcold's primary business is RV refrigerators.

None of that is particularly a problem of the past year, however. Dyson Racing's recent decision to reduce its ALMS participation is undoubtedly a consequence of cuts in Mazda and BP sponsorships.

Dyson Kissner Moran Corporations is privately held and controlled by the Dyson family. It owns outright or has substantial interests in 14 companies, with manufacturing plants in over 50 countries, including major facilities in England, France, Italy, Mexico, and the Netherlands. There are U.S. subsidiary headquarters and plants in Tennessee, Rhode Island, Virginia, North Caroliina, Georgia, Michigan, and Ohio.

Four companies are in the Recreational Vehicle Group; other DKM holdings include the Plaid Group (arts and crafts products), Cato Technology, Hapco, Tri-City Extrusion, and the affiliated Gas Components Group (GasCo)

The Dysons also have significant real estate holdings in New York and New Jersey.

DKM's headquarters are in Manhattan.

Rob Dyson has not and does not race entirely "on his own nickel."