Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2001, 06:57 (Ref:100071)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Prancing Horse Racing is coming!

An ad in Auto Action is advertising the positions of Merchandising Manager, 2 race car mechanics, design and track engineers, data acquisition engineers, fabricators, machinists, engine builders, sub assembly mechanics, and truck drivers....

Sounds like they are going to be putting in a big effort from the outset. Who do you think will drive for them, and when do you think we will see them??
Old 2 Jun 2001, 10:20 (Ref:100113)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be interesting to see who their V8 Supercar sponsor will be - do Budwieser have enought money to spend here in Australia to sponsor a full blown V8 Supercar Assault ?
Old 2 Jun 2001, 11:32 (Ref:100130)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah why not? From what I gather, Bud have deep pockets, and the guys who run the PHR show have even deeper ones
Old 2 Jun 2001, 12:39 (Ref:100149)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I was down in Goulburn for the weekend of the stand alone Procar round I went out to a cafe on the Saturday night for dinner. I'm about to finish my meal when a nice shiny Prancing Horse Racing truck pulls up out the front.

Everyone is staring at this thing...after 5 minutes they open it up on the main street of Goulburn and there is the 98 Ferrari F1 car.

It has it's very own truck it rides around in just for show. Yes...Prancing Horse have exteremely deep pockets I think !
Old 2 Jun 2001, 12:57 (Ref:100151)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
They even plan to build their own Test track...how big cash is that??
Old 3 Jun 2001, 13:48 (Ref:100492)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well i say let em in..they obviously have the cash and the know how ..or will acquire it by the time they arrive..not sure about drivers though..Noske is a obvious choice..but who knows..there are quite a few guys who have punted one of their ferrari's around..job interviews perhaps ???
Old 4 Jun 2001, 00:44 (Ref:100809)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Sam Newman...arrrghhhhh.....

Actually it will probably be a bit of a step back for PHR in terms of cost etc...how much is a new Ferrari worth?
Old 4 Jun 2001, 01:52 (Ref:100836)   #8
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMNSHO... not as much as it costs!
Old 4 Jun 2001, 02:26 (Ref:100852)   #9
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Pracning Horse Racing said in an interview in Auto Action a few weeks ago that they will not be putting Noske in their V8 Supercar if they were to go ahead with it.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 06:23 (Ref:100893)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Hehehe, good one Ray

OK, rephrasing that, for the price ($$) of a new Ferrari for GTP, you could probably get HRT to build you the latest and greatest, with a several sets of spare panels from the spare change...
Old 5 Jun 2001, 03:30 (Ref:101316)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're right Crash, the initail purchase price may be alittle lower, but I believe the running cossts would be higher. Every thing in a V8 Supercar, is lifed and needs regular replacement. The hardware n a production car is always going to last longer than a proper race car.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 04:11 (Ref:101328)   #12
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't believe it, the spool that takes the place of the differential in a Commodore, simply machined out of alloy for the splines to slide into and the crownwheel to bolt on, was about $2000, and lifed for one Bathurst!

And that's a bit with no moving parts within it...
Old 5 Jun 2001, 04:35 (Ref:101335)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
That's all very true, but the problem is with several drivers in the PHR stable at the moment is that they have the tendancy to bend panels on the car....I'd imagine a the corresponding parts with a V8 Supercar would be a lot cheaper....
Old 21 Jun 2001, 01:25 (Ref:107652)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Now it looks as though Craig Baird and Noske will drive the car in the enduros...that will mean a change in plans for DJR and Paul Weel with regards to driver pairings. How do you think they would go in those races??
Old 21 Jun 2001, 13:43 (Ref:107879)   #15
nz_tourer
Rookie

nz_tourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have certainly not seen the best of Bairdo yet, and good on PHR for giving him a go. It was a pity that SBR ditched him early, I think with a bit of persistence he would of proved results, 1st year was a struggle - new series for him, new tracks, new team ect blah blah......... But SBR had to ditch him because he didnt perform how they would of wanted him to and given the highly competetive nature of the series they had to make a change i supose, but lets remember Bairdos race win straight out the box at PI, now that was not a fluke. I think he will definitley cement a place in the Shell series in due time, but I cant help but think that he will always have the luck of a certain CAT driver who hehad contact with at Canberra (?) last year. Simalar personalities too!!

Not a serious contender this year along with Noske I think, new team with 2 fairly inexperienced supercar drivers, you cant expect too much, but a great career move for both of them, good luck guys.
Old 22 Jun 2001, 08:38 (Ref:108171)   #16
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all been heard before. Im gunna build a race track, Im gunna build new race cars, Im gunna......... About 8 years a go Kevin Waldock was going to build his own test track in the Hunter Valley and of course it never happend. As for Noske not driving IF they get to V8's I find that hard to believe, Isn't his father a share holder in Prancing Horse.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 12:08 (Ref:117294)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
After seeing their the team today at Park Road, I must say that I'm a little gobsmacked....holy cow!

Their pantech....blimey! The side entry door has a number pad for keyless entry....this is one hell of a serious outfit...
Old 17 Jul 2001, 23:08 (Ref:118568)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
And now they are here!

Mark Noske is entered in their AU for the final round of the Konica series at Mallala. Any predictions....?
Old 20 Jul 2001, 13:02 (Ref:119651)   #19
nz_tourer
Rookie

nz_tourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if both Noske and Bairdo will drive in the SCS next year?
Old 20 Jul 2001, 13:11 (Ref:119655)   #20
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noske should do ok, not sure about Baird though, he hasn't done much since his great performances in the BMW's in New Zealand, South Africa and Australia between 93-97. In 1998 he had a shocker in the Mondeo, it can't have taken him that long to master Front Wheel drive, Will Hoy won a race after all, and in 2000 won a lucky race (ok, pretty skillfully won) the second race of round 1 of the ATCC, but did bugger all after that. I hope he does good, suppose i'll wait and see
Old 20 Jul 2001, 15:07 (Ref:119689)   #21
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Pracning Horse Racing said in an interview in Auto Action a few weeks ago that they will not be putting Noske in their V8 Supercar if they were to go ahead with it.
well so much for that team statement.

good luck to them anyway.
Old 21 Jul 2001, 10:25 (Ref:119894)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
6 Ferraris, 1 racing Mustang, 1 show car Mustang, and F1 car PHR had at QR today...some serious metal. I'll try to catch up with Mark tomorrow to find out what the g-o is.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 10:00 (Ref:124230)   #23
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the Phillip Island all-historics earlier this year Prancing Horse Racing had two Ferrari 360 Modena Challenges, a Ferrari F310B (F1 Car), a Ferrari F50 and a Ferrari F40LM. All this equals big $$$. Arn't they also a Ferrari dealer in Melbourne?
Old 31 Jul 2001, 10:29 (Ref:124242)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, primarily they are a car dealership. At QR for the Procar meeting, they had 6 Ferrari race cars, 1 Mustang race car, 1 Mustang show car, the F1 car, and the 3 most expensive transporters I've ever seen....

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcon has a solid gold roll cage and a diamond encrusted steering wheel...
Old 31 Jul 2001, 11:23 (Ref:124267)   #25
V8insider
Rookie

V8insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hear a well known Melbourne based ex-HRT engineer is making engine compontentry for the team.