Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2010, 08:17 (Ref:2771844)   #51
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Slept in. Who is on pole?
You didn't miss anything, qualifying has been postponed until 10am local time tomorrow due to ridiculous amounts of rain.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2771847)   #52
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
For those who were watching the BBC coverage, I thought the pitlane boat race was shaping up to be rather interesting. I would have liked to have seen a Lotus-Red Bull head to head.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Oct 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2771872)   #53
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else's Sky+ not record this morning? Seems to have mysteriously dissapeared off my box, assuming it was because everything was changed around.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2771873)   #54
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 years ago this has happen for the one asking and it was on the very same track the delay until tomorrow came around.just as well i deleted my sky+ recording and i wonder how bbc will do this.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2771891)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
For those who were watching the BBC coverage, I thought the pitlane boat race was shaping up to be rather interesting. I would have liked to have seen a Lotus-Red Bull head to head.
It was more like 'Head of the River'.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2771913)   #56
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why on Earth wouldnt they just set the grid based on practice times? Seems logical to me.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 9 Oct 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2771915)   #57
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Why on Earth wouldnt they just set the grid based on practice times? Seems logical to me.
OI! Can we have a little less logic in here please!
I find it quite disturbing.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2771946)   #58
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5 hours ahead of the race, that'll be very interesting, specially the press conference and all the preparations... I guess there'll be a few cars starting from the pitlane.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2771947)   #59
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton having no luck at the moment I see! 6 timed laps set all weekend and now a 5 place grid drop! It's just not meant to be this year ><
Old 9 Oct 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2771957)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Practice session aren't generally used to set fast times. It used to be that Friday qualifying would count if Saturday qualifying was cancelled.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2771983)   #61
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Erm because half the guys don't go fast in the practice sessions.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2771986)   #62
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Practice session aren't generally used to set fast times. It used to be that Friday qualifying would count if Saturday qualifying was cancelled.
Are you referring to the pre-1996 qualifying format? With that format today's second qualifying session would had been run normally, with simply no-one going out.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2771987)   #63
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Are you referring to the pre-1996 qualifying format? With that format today's second qualifying session would had been run normally, with simply no-one going out.
Yep, that's what I was referring to.

Which is probably why it got changed....and then changed again....and then ch...you get the picture.

But it wouldn't be right to use present day practice sessions as a means to form the grid.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2772024)   #64
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm really looking forward to it all happening within one day on this occasion.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2772038)   #65
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yeah, just what I said, it must bring some unexpected strategies...
Old 9 Oct 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2772050)   #66
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know what plans (if any) the BBC have for covering the quali on Sunday morning?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2772060)   #67
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Page last updated at 07:24 GMT, Saturday, 9 October 2010 08:24 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
F1 on the BBC

The partnering of Button and Hamilton is just one of several exciting aspects to 2010

The BBC will be providing comprehensive coverage of the 2010 Formula 1 season across all its platforms.
Jenson Button will be defending his world drivers' title and you can follow all the action on network TV, red button, radio, online & mobile.
BBC One will carry live coverage of all 19 grands prix on Sundays and every Saturday qualifying session.
And you can watch every single on-track moment on the red button or via the BBC Sport website.

General overview of BBC F1 coverage

Some red button coverage may not be available on Freeview - further details here
Coverage plans, schedules and radio details are all subject to change.
All times UK.
JAPAN
Suzuka, 8-10 October
Sunday 10 October
Qualifying: 0150-0300, BBC One/online and BBC Radio 5 live sport extra/online
Race: 0600-0915, BBC One/online and BBC Radio 5 live/online
Race re-run: 1400-1600, BBC One
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2772061)   #68
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lee McKenzie tweeted that Qual would be at 1.50am for the 2am start, so presume it'll be on BBC1.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2772062)   #69
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC replacing their normal BBC news with the Qualifying. starts 1:50am.

With only hours between quali and race will we see people taking it easy to avoid a crash which will end their quali and race?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2772114)   #70
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post

With only hours between quali and race will we see people taking it easy to avoid a crash which will end their quali and race?
You wouldn't want to do what Alonso did to his car at the Monaco GP.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2772153)   #71
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe my question should have been, "Do you think we will see anyone bin it during qualification? If so, will they fix it by the race?"
Old 9 Oct 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2772164)   #72
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Erm because half the guys don't go fast in the practice sessions.
Thats their problem. When weather is imminent, perhaps they should set a fast time for protection in case.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2772166)   #73
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It certainly makes a change. The IndyCar, Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg was postponed by a whole day this year because of the rain.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2772197)   #74
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the last time a GP was postponed to the next day?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2772214)   #75
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the forecast on the Formula 1 website, and BBC weather its going to be wet for this morning.

06:00 Heavy Rain Shower
09:00 Light Rain Shower
12:00 Heavy Rain Shower
15:00 Light Rain Shower

Sunset 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
Postponed.

If the session cannot be completed tomorrow, field will be lined up by 2009 constructors points.
If qualifying is abandoned again (unlikely IMO) they will line up in number order, not by 2009 constructor points, or at least that is what was said on the BBC's F1 coverage by Martin Brundle, and Martin Whitmarsh.

so the grid would be...

1 Jenson Button
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Michel Schumacher
4 Nico Rosberg
5 Sebastian Vettel
6 Mark Webber
7 Felipe Massa
8 Fernando Alonso
9 Rubens Barrichello
10 Nico Hülkenberg
11 Robert Kubica
12 Vitaly Petrov
13 Adrian Sutil
14 Vitantonio Liuzzi
15 Sébastien Buemi
16 Jaime Alguersuari
17 Jarno Trulli
18 Heikki Kovalainen
19 Sakon Yamamoto
20 Bruno Senna
21 Nick Heidfeld
22 Kamui Kobayashi
23 Timo Glock
24 Lucas di Grassi

If this were to happen, the winners would be Lotus, HRT, Mercades and of course Mclaren.

Being a Button fan, I wouldn't be too upset if this were to happen, starting on pole and having a Schumacher shaped chicane between him and his championship rivals wouldn't do his title defence any harm at all.