Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Sep 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3452911)   #1001
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said it before and I'll say it again. PWC needs to lose the standing starts. GT cars are not suited for these things. Leave them to the single seaters.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3452945)   #1002
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Missed it! Any replay video up yet?
http://youtu.be/0TJN7N2fSmU
Old 13 Sep 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3452948)   #1003
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again. PWC needs to lose the standing starts. GT cars are not suited for these things. Leave them to the single seaters.
But....

It makes it unique!
Old 13 Sep 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3452992)   #1004
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Missed it! Any replay video up yet?
Yes, posted on youtube now.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 13 Sep 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3452994)   #1005
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
+1
Old 13 Sep 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3453014)   #1006
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice!! Finally a great result for kpax and mclaren with a win!!!

Congrats to caddy and johny o' as always.

I hope Bentley gets a good launch control worked out.

What a great 2014 season,one of the best in a couple years.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3453015)   #1007
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see the McLaren with the win, and great job holding off Daizel. Very rough weekend for the Kias.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3453038)   #1008
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another non-manipulated entertaining race.

Old 14 Sep 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3453080)   #1009
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Prelim schedule released:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...dule-released/

Personally I'd rather see Road Atlanta replace Mid-Ohio and Road America replace Barber.. but nobody is perfect.

-mike
Old 14 Sep 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3453097)   #1010
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
June/July is TUSC WGI/LRP
Old 14 Sep 2014, 05:27 (Ref:3453109)   #1011
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If the bentleys nail their starts, theyll be tough to beat. Smith's drive through the field was amazing.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3453304)   #1012
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
BoP could change drastically before then.

Really nice schedule though, good to see the year ending races at Laguna Seca: I used to love the ALMS season finishes there. Here's hoping they run one around sunset.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3453311)   #1013
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YESS!! Back to laguna seca!!! That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday,that PWC season finale should be at a classic track with real character like road Atlanta or laguna seca.nothing against miller or it's lay out, it's just visually uninspiring and boring to watch, just feels like there nothing to be desired there.

Bentley and mclaren were so strong because their turbo pressures vs naturally aspirated engines at altitude.no matter the bop,unless they turn down max allowable boost pressure way down,turbo engines will always be stronger at miller(really the only cool thing about miller is watching the turbo cars smack on the field).not saying bently and mclaren haven't been strong at other tracks,just that they had an advantage at miller.no knee jerk bop needed......
Old 15 Sep 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3453423)   #1014
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great race to end the season on.
Super excited that both Bentley and Mclaren were able to secure a win this year.
I can hardly wait until 2015!
Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3453455)   #1015
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Viper, too! Hopefully a pro team picks one up and runs it.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3454057)   #1016
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Viper, too! Hopefully a pro team picks one up and runs it.
There was a GT3 Viper being tested at VIR after IMSA left...
Old 16 Sep 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3454058)   #1017
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
There was a GT3 Viper being tested at VIR after IMSA left...
Ya, there's a bunch of FIA GT3 spec cars in North America that aren't being raced, but used for fun / lapping days. They're stupid fast and really easy to drive at 9/10ths... need the big boy pants for 10/10ths tho.

-mike
Old 16 Sep 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3454067)   #1018
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Johnny O' not fan of BoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailysportscar
-- This season, Johnny had some extra motivation, he felt the BOP really put he and teammate Andy Pilgrim at a huge disadvantage throughout the season. “I’m as hungry as ever, but the actions taken this season made me even more hungry and even angry. This caused me to dig even deeper to stay on top. There isn’t a day that I don’t think of former competitor and friend Jeff Krosnoff. He was always saying ‘stay hungry’ and I’ve tried to heed his advice.”

Johnny has been around long enough to have raced in the pre-BOP era, where it was up to the team to make the best and fastest car possible and not to get help from the rules makers to catch up to the rest. And he is not really sure it improves the show at all. “I think the advent of all of the drivers aids, traction control, ABS, etc… put us on that road. Back then, you could tell who could drive better. It was easily visible. I don’t think the game of BOP improves the sport at all, in fact I think it cheapens the show. Think back to Mark Donahue and his unfair advantage. You can’t have that now. If you work hard and create yourself an unfair advantage it will simply be taken away.”

“In the case of where we are now, I think the BOP is simply in place to create a show. I had a pretty good lead in the points, but after Road America, where we were a second a lap slower than the competitors, we were handed a 130 pound weight penalty. We were the fastest cars at Long Beach and at Detroit, but we were clearly off the pace elsewhere. In fact our only two poles were at Long Beach and Detroit. At most of the other races we’d qualify somewhere between 6th and 10th, but still work our way to the podium and then eventually we’d still win the championship. That’s doing your job right.”

“The way it felt this season was that we had a big lead and things needed to be done to bring the championship down to the wire. I sometimes wonder if it might be better to go away from the BOP and go back to the “rewards” program, where ballast is added to the car based upon your level of success. Call it the anti-political BOP.”
At the end there he is basically considering success ballast, which (not that it would really work in GT3 formula which is all about BoP in the first place but whatever) is something I too would prefer over race-by-race BoP. Lesser of two evls.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3454153)   #1019
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cheater Caddy dominated in the "pre-BoP era" (whenever that was). It still had a leg up on the real GT3 cars this season because they were able to change gears for every track, and GT3 regs have a fixed gearbox for every car.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 03:45 (Ref:3454187)   #1020
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracks me up. Johnny o wins the championship with a car that has its own set of rules and distinct advantages over the gt3 based cars and he still *****es. Give it a rest.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3454205)   #1021
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Cracks me up. Johnny o wins the championship with a car that has its own set of rules and distinct advantages over the gt3 based cars and he still *****es. Give it a rest.
SOP, he's a professional driver.

Old 17 Sep 2014, 06:38 (Ref:3454213)   #1022
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Ya, there's a bunch of FIA GT3 spec cars in North America that aren't being raced, but used for fun / lapping days. They're stupid fast and really easy to drive at 9/10ths... need the big boy pants for 10/10ths tho.

-mike
Have you tested one?
Old 17 Sep 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3454260)   #1023
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
The cheater Caddy dominated in the "pre-BoP era" (whenever that was). It still had a leg up on the real GT3 cars this season because they were able to change gears for every track, and GT3 regs have a fixed gearbox for every car.
Cheater Caddy?
Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3454328)   #1024
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Johnny was the most consistent driver the entire season and had the most consistent and predictable car. Mix in his experience/skill and established launch control the Caddy has, it's a recipe for success. He was spectacular all season.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3454337)   #1025
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Cheater Caddy?
Sorry, I was pretty ambiguous there. The original CTS-V from a few years back. It was a 7/8th scale car that came in and dominated because all of the other cars in the class were street-derived. The other competitor screamed and yelled about it but GM's dollar went into the Caddy, so the series was more than happy to turn a blind eye.