Hamilton picks up another award

http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/...bandini-trophy

Lewis Hamilton actually appears humble when he collects the trophy in this vid
Old 13 Aug 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2744039)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
And why wouldn't he feel humbled? It's a great honour imo to be awarded this.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2744044)   #3
Andy Harrison
Rookie

Andy Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, I just don't have Hamilton down as a guy who is that bothered by history and prestige.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2744050)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seriously?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2744058)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Harrison View Post
I agree, I just don't have Hamilton down as a guy who is that bothered by history and prestige.
..so one presumes you've not viewed the youtube of Lewis and Jenson in the McLaren 'toy shop'.... hopefully you are open to the possibility of changing your mind...
Old 13 Aug 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2744075)   #6
Andy Harrison
Rookie

Andy Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
..so one presumes you've not viewed the youtube of Lewis and Jenson in the McLaren 'toy shop'.... hopefully you are open to the possibility of changing your mind...
I've seen the 'toy shop' scripted video and teh Senna tribute on Top Gear where Lewis does come across as a genuine nice guy, but on the other hand it I heard Hamilton was offered the Bandini trophy during his maiden F1 season in 2007 and he turned it down because he couldn't be bothered to go and collect it...

Awesome driver - definitely!
Mr nice guy - unsure
Old 13 Aug 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2744094)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I heard Hamilton was offered the Bandini trophy during his maiden F1 season in 2007 and he turned it down because he couldn't be bothered to go and collect it...
Where did you hear that? If it were true, I doubt they'd have considered him again this year.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2744115)   #8
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the bit on Top Gear's Senna tribute where he was in the car and giggling like a school girl says it all really.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2744135)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
My first thought too, when reading the above!

Quote:
I've seen the 'toy shop' scripted video
I'm sure that if McLaren invited each and every one of us to their "shop" we'd all be in awe too!

Quote:

Awesome driver - definitely!
Mr nice guy - unsure
TBH, actually, i agree.

That said, i'm sure that Lewis is bothered by history and prestige.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2744136)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
"I heard"

= unsubstantiated rumour
or tittle-tattle

as ever I shall give it the full credibility of any quoted contemporaneous source.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2744161)   #11
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post

TBH, actually, i agree.

That said, i'm sure that Lewis is bothered by history and prestige.
Not sure it makes him Mr Nice Guy, but another thing I found telling was last year at Monaco. He'd crashed in qually, making him start at the back for what was going to be one of the few races he stood a chance of getting a result out of the dog McLaren's car was (first half) last year. Did he look grumpy - no, he was climbing the railings taking pictures of the crowd and generally looking still like a kid in a candy shop.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:33 (Ref:2744422)   #12
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
He's what - 25? goes out with a Pussycat Doll, drives F1 for a top team, earns half a squillion quid a year ... not a lot to be depressed about
Old 14 Aug 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2744454)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
He's what - 25? goes out with a Pussycat Doll, drives F1 for a top team, earns half a squillion quid a year ... not a lot to be depressed about
You have a point there, but i'll bet that he's really bothered that some of us on here may or may like him! Not amount of money, Pussycat Dolls or F1 drives will be able to make up for the whole that that must leave in his life
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2744471)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Really?

He is bothered about history. I think you're thinking of TGF.

Being bothered in history of the sport, while I think is a good quality, does not make you Mr Nice Guy. Nor does ignoring it make you Mr, er, Nasty Guy.

(what is said above)

Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
You have a point there...
*falls of chair*

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 14 Aug 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2744496)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Apart from the "Pussycat Doll" bit. Poor sod.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 04:39 (Ref:2744678)   #16
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Apart from the "Pussycat Doll" bit. Poor sod.
well by the sounds of it he could have bandinis sister any time he likes...

ive always thought that as well as a driver lewis is a massive f1 fan boy, whereas there are some drivers in f1 who have zero interest in the past id never have put lewis into that category
Old 16 Aug 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2745077)   #17
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I've seen the 'toy shop' scripted video
If that was scripted (and by implication they were reading from that script), then they should be acting, not racing cars. I've seen worse actors on Hollyoaks. (not difficult I suppose).
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.