Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Dec 2002, 01:29 (Ref:455186)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GPL - Online Morons

OK. I have to get it out of my system. If MF wants to pull it, then so be it.

Jean-Luc Belli

Remember the name if you drive online. The guy is a moron of the highest order.

I've just finished a race at Zandvoort. Came second. Until 4 laps from the end I was about 40 secs to the good in the lead - until I came up to lap M. Belli. For two whole laps he blocked me and when I finally got the run on his down the straight, he didn't brake for T1 and punted me off.

I described him on the chat in fairly choice terms and got a "LOL" for my pains.

So remember the name - I certainly will.......
Old 22 Dec 2002, 16:13 (Ref:455551)   #2
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its only a game mate

you should see the amount of idiots running around in CounterStrike, at least I get to shoot them though

Last edited by woodyracing; 22 Dec 2002 at 16:16.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 16:34 (Ref:455565)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't say that or Aysedasi will soon be fitting rocket launchers to the front of his cars
Old 22 Dec 2002, 16:38 (Ref:455569)   #4
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
heh, James Bond mod ? I could do with that!
well, if i can stay on track for more than 2 seconds.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 17:13 (Ref:455585)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Don't say that or Aysedasi will soon be fitting rocket launchers to the front of his cars
S'already done mate, rocket launchers. fenders and oil dispensers for the back - oh no, sorry, that's just the Ferrari engine letting go again.......
Old 22 Dec 2002, 17:39 (Ref:455593)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm sorry to say that I've just suffered more of it at Monza. I don't claim to be squeaky-clean myself - I make mistakes like anyone else, but if I do, I don't hold up and then punt off a faster car which is overtaking me. Some of these guys get into a Ferrari and the red mist seems to descend. I've just been taken off three times by the same Ferrari driver - twice in praccy and once in the race. I don't know if it's the weekend that brings out the GPL "Sunday drivers"?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 22 Dec 2002 at 17:39.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 21:43 (Ref:455733)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say, it's quite hard when your not that good to stay on track and worry about letting the faster guys through, and I've accidentally punted off the CPU many times, but that being said, two whole laps is insane, and usually I'd probably let you through half way down a straight, then steer well clear at the corner.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 21:49 (Ref:455737)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why does everyone like the ferrari? It says in the manual that it's the easiest car to drive.

It's a shopping trolley, I loathe it. (evn mor annoying that it sounds so great, and I can't drive it cos it's rubbish.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 22:52 (Ref:455764)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, you could just download the engine swapper and pop the lotus engine in there, success guaranteed!
Old 22 Dec 2002, 23:06 (Ref:455771)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Well, you could just download the engine swapper and pop the lotus engine in there, success guaranteed!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 07:59 (Ref:455987)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engine swapper?
Old 23 Dec 2002, 10:27 (Ref:456021)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Engine swapper?

Don't even think about it racer. .
Old 24 Dec 2002, 17:31 (Ref:456900)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Engine swapper?

Funny you should mention that.......

I took part in an online race at Spa a few hours ago. Bloody fast couple of BRM's in practice. 3:20 for one of them and 3:18 for the poleman BRM driver. OK said I, that's quite possible if you're that good.

But I'll tell you, I've never seen a BRM shift off the line like that one!!

Draw your own conclusions - I soon drew mine!
Old 31 Dec 2002, 14:10 (Ref:460956)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have on good authority that you need to watch out for someone who goes under the name Sardo.

Apparently his antics extend so far as to drive off from the grid before the start of a Nurby race and park in front of the rest of the cars - facing them - to cause as much havoc as possible.

No I didn't believe it either, but the source is quite genuine.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 17:43 (Ref:465500)   #15
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Apparently his antics extend so far as to drive off from the grid before the start of a Nurby race and park in front of the rest of the cars - facing them - to cause as much havoc as possible.
ah....a "wrecker" as they are known in the NASCAR racing comminuty. true, it may just be for fun but it is no fun when someone is spoling it for the rest of us.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 19:14 (Ref:465607)   #16
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i cant remember the name but some dude was either a wrecker or the clumsiest son of a ***** that ever did live!!! i think he was clumsy, i was running up to him up to the 1st Lesmo, he got out of the way as he should, i started to out brake him then he lost it, hit the side and crashed into me - wheels and profanic insults about his motherhood followed, but he apologised a lot!

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 7 Jan 2003, 16:56 (Ref:466444)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've a better idea, forget the Ferrari-Ford (Not to mention the two companies hated each other in the 60's), how about a Lotus Ferrari? (sorry, I mean Lotus-Petronas/Acer/I'm predending that I'm not a Ferrari engine/the Ferrari drivers bash me up too much so I'm hiding here)
Old 8 Jan 2003, 01:10 (Ref:466932)   #18
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse and co.

Hi, don't ever come in here, but I have been curious about this for ages.

With any computer games that I have played, whenever a game gets overloaded with figures and action in a given screenshot, framerates can tend to get slow (depending on the machine and game etc etc ) and so I have always wondered how these online games are when you are playing against others?

Am I right in assuming that a high speed connection is a must, and don't delays come into play with a racing game (sorry, simulation) that would drive you nuts?

anyway, just curious. I'm not about to start doing online games but am very interested to hear how the gaming experience is online.
Oh, and I assume GPL has never been made to work for Macintoshs?

djb
Old 8 Jan 2003, 13:23 (Ref:467257)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hi djb. I have a powerful pc and ADSL and I've only gone on to play online since going broadband, so I can't say what its like on a 56k modem. I have very few problems - the occasional disconnect or dodgy server where latency bvecomes a problem. GPL displays information about the game and server performance, so if you do get into a poor server, you should know immediately and can quit and look for something better. Its a fantastic experience racing online. I never realised just how much fun it is.

And yes, GPL is out as far as Mac users are concerned, I'm afraid.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 15:59 (Ref:467438)   #20
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
I have a fast 3D card and a 56k modem

Ive played GPL online a few times and there's no problems with frame rate. The only problem is that the other cars are jerky because the modem cant update their position quickly enough. However I can still race (assuming i can stay on the track) because overall the positions of everyone is accurate enough. This is also the same with TOCA2.

My favourite game CounterStrike (first person shooter), runs so smoothly online.
The only problem with 56k is that people on broadband have less latency between them and the server which means someone could shoot me a few milliseconds before Ive seen them
Old 8 Jan 2003, 16:09 (Ref:467448)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had that problem too with those LPB's. Untill i got broadband and XP professional but then i never played CS again...
Maybe its about time i reinstalled HL and CS again.
Old 8 Jan 2003, 16:16 (Ref:467449)   #22
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
yea I recently downloaded the latest versions and installed it. Its still the same except the've virtually killed off jumping. Oh and theres some cool viewing modes when ur dead.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 22:49 (Ref:468935)   #23
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
too bad about no Mac GPL (probably better this way, no temptation)

and I could see how it would be frustrating if other players have a slight jump on you cuz of the broadband advantage. It must been a gas playing any sort of game against real people and not a computer generated "enemy" or opposition. I think for my marriage, I better not even get a sniff of this sort of thing.

cheers
Old 10 Jan 2003, 16:23 (Ref:470371)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think I've ever felt I had an actual advantage from using broadband. I do see some cars warping about occasionally - sometimes it does get so bad because they disappear and then reappear on top of you, behind you or about 10 seconds further ahead of you - which is very frustrating!
Old 12 Jan 2003, 11:48 (Ref:471931)   #25
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
watch out for GP500, i was at Monza yesterday in the trusty Cooper and the ******* decided it would be fun to drive the wrong way down the straight.

when the session was nearly ending, he was still doing laps around the god-damn track.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead