Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Oct 2002, 05:48 (Ref:409929)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why was the stars and stripes flag flying at Druids ? ?

i was talking to Mr V at the festival about this , and meant to ask Stephen Green and Evil Pumpkin about it but forgot .

At Druids there was a USA flag flying there . Whats the story behind it ?

IM just being nosey thats all !

Last edited by Sato san; 22 Oct 2002 at 05:49.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 07:11 (Ref:409956)   #2
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason for the Stars and Stripes flying on post 5 at Druids is because the Observer believe it or not is from America, great guy. We were going to try and get the flags for the other nationalitys there but with Brits, Scots and Dutch we did not have enough room for all the flags.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 10:10 (Ref:410062)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's become a bit of a tradition for Don to fly his native flag on post. I believe it's made a few trips to the British GP as well!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:38 (Ref:410296)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I wanted to put up the tricolour on Post 6 but I was told it was a multinational post - besides I never got around to buying one. Had to settle for Alien on the Hazard board hook!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:44 (Ref:410304)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would sticking up a flag that for all intents and purposes is composed of Yellow, White and Green be rather confusing for poor drivers?
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:50 (Ref:410312)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
More confusing than the normal flags you mean?
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:04 (Ref:410323)   #7
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but why put up a tricolour, are you french

Last edited by sss; 22 Oct 2002 at 17:06.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:04 (Ref:410324)   #8
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

At Long Beach this year, my Turn Marshal (Read IO/Observer) was ordered to take his star spangled banner down as it MIGHT be in the camera shot (It wasn't!). He will not be working for CART again! However they didn't see the 12 Union Flags flying over my flag station! He he!
I must get hold of a Zimbabwe flag for the next time I do 6! That should confuse 'em!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:30 (Ref:410344)   #9
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sss
but why put up a tricolour, are you french
Can't be - I don't recall any British sheep or cattle being burned at Brands this past weekend
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:35 (Ref:410349)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
oooh evil! Btw Tim how did you manage to get away with not getting photographed. I shall have to rectify that! Thanks for the sweeties by the way
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:49 (Ref:410368)   #11
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Btw Tim how did you manage to get away with not getting photographed.
Your fella is so tall that even though I was standing in front of the camera at 22a, he missed me (glad I wasn't "Antill'd" though). It's very kind of you to post pictures of some of the "Brands mob" www.marshalspost.com.

Quote:
Thanks for the sweeties by the way
You're more than welcome. It was a pleasure seeing you guys.

Last edited by QuickBrownFox; 22 Oct 2002 at 17:50.
Old 23 Oct 2002, 05:52 (Ref:410929)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Guys !
i understand now
Evil Pumpkin , anyway , who needs a flag flying when you have your Alien Marshall there !....
Old 23 Oct 2002, 09:47 (Ref:411026)   #13
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When planning for the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta this year we were told the tradition was for visiting marshals to display their flags at their posts and were actively encouraged to do so. The tricolour was flown all weekend at both posts 3 and 7 :-)
Old 23 Oct 2002, 14:55 (Ref:411310)   #14
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you enjoyed turn 7. I did it last year and it really pained me not to be there! How many times were you told "You're not from round these parts"? Hope to be there in 2003...
Old 23 Oct 2002, 21:44 (Ref:411677)   #15
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don's stars and stripes flag has been seen at the Karousel on the Nurburgring Nordschleife (old circuit) for the 24 hour and youngtimer meeting.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 07:07 (Ref:411893)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
And the British GP...it's a well travelled flag!
Old 26 Oct 2002, 10:28 (Ref:413905)   #17
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
pinki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arhhh but what about the original Post Five Union Flag and Bertha .... both sadly no longer with us
Old 28 Oct 2002, 11:15 (Ref:415351)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes, poor Bertha, a much admired lady at Grand Prix over the years.