Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Jun 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2889190)   #26
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The movie is rivetting, especially during the 89 & 90 seasons.

The final shorter version will be even better, hopefully without that annoying melodramatic former interviewer that appeared every 5 minutes.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2889435)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh the version I saw (which I have to say, was very good - near 3 hours long) seemed to be an uncut version. It was slightly jumpy in a way, because you'd have these emotional scenes with emotional music, then suddenly cut to an interview with one of the guys you mention.

Great film, though.

Selby
Old 1 Jun 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2889438)   #28
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heard a very good review of the movie on the radio.

Apparently Alain Prost has been given a copy but refuses to watch it. Says more about Prost than it does Senna, methinks.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2889465)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, I can see how he may not like some of it, but I think in the end it does show him as a good human being.

Selby
Old 1 Jun 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2889584)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It looks like it won't be on widespread general release. The top cinemas only seem to be showing it in the London area, oh and Cheshire Oaks!!

I regularly get a mail shot from the Roses in Tewkesbury and at the moment that will be the closest theatre to me (in the West Mids) that will show it.

Anyone in the UK got any more info on how to find where it will be shown outside of the Odeon, Vue and Showcases of this world?
Old 1 Jun 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2889589)   #31
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
did I say it was boring? .. i think so

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Jun 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2889606)   #32
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It looks like it won't be on widespread general release. The top cinemas only seem to be showing it in the London area, oh and Cheshire Oaks!!
We had exactly the same conversation in the office this morning.....

im hoping that like the TT3D movie, it didnt go on general release straight away but appeared at other cinemas about 2 weeks later.

unless of course the cinemas research shows that those of us north of watford gap wouldnt be interested in this film.....
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2889631)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
We had exactly the same conversation in the office this morning.....

im hoping that like the TT3D movie, it didnt go on general release straight away but appeared at other cinemas about 2 weeks later.

unless of course the cinemas research shows that those of us north of watford gap wouldnt be interested in this film.....
It's obviously been considered as art house and not for the mass populous!!

I double checked the Roses listing and it's not actually going to be shown there til the end of July!

By then the fever will have worn off so i might as well wait and buy the DVD.

Bah!!!!!

Be interested to hear from others 'in the provinces' if they've got it showing though?
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2889635)   #34
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It's obviously been considered as art house and not for them uncouth northerners
I corrected it for you!

ill probably go and watch it at cheshire oaks, parents only live down the road from there! I shall email some of the local cinemas and see if they will be showing it

its also on at FACT in liverpool which is a great cinema to go to, can take a couple of pints in!

Last edited by GolddustMini; 1 Jun 2011 at 21:20.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2889637)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
You can check it on the 'net. Much easier. I've bought a ticket to see it at 1:00pm on Friday, which is the first opportunity, but I am going to have to make a modest journey to do so. Straight up the M3 on a Friday, so that'll be fun.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2889647)   #36
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
You can check it on the 'net. Much easier. I've bought a ticket to see it at 1:00pm on Friday, which is the first opportunity, but I am going to have to make a modest journey to do so. Straight up the M3 on a Friday, so that'll be fun.
I meant that i would contact the cinemas to see if it was going to be shown at any point, at the moment there is no information from the cinemas
Old 1 Jun 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2889699)   #37
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
See if this helps: http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_info/m13287/

You may have to play around with it but should get there in the end.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 23:31 (Ref:2889708)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The Midweek Motorsport pundits enjoyed it.

One flaw that they did mention was that it was too nice to Senna in their view. That it was only Prost and the French playing politics which was an injustice. I presume that's why Prost is snubbing it.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2889974)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've had a copy of this sat on my laptop for a good couple of weeks now, but i think i'll go and watch it at bluewater this weekend. i doubt it'll make a huge difference in terms of cinematic effect, but considering the last time i went to the cinema it was less than a fiver and the new thing was surround sound it's probably worth the effort
Old 2 Jun 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2889979)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

There's a listing of where it's going to be shown nationally on the facewally page....

I'm off to The Electric in Brum asap!! Yabadabadoo!!!!!!!
Old 2 Jun 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2890007)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got our tickets for this for tomorrow night. It's going to be odd seeing the likes of Ron Dennis as film stars.

I'm arguably most looking forward to the experience of F1 cars on the big screen. I'm curious to see what the portrayl of Prost will be too.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2890145)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm curious to see what the portrayl of Prost will be too.
Guess what...
Old 2 Jun 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2890148)   #43
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yip yip! Got my tickets for tomorrow. Can't wait.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2890174)   #44
Day
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Day should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of us on the south coast Harbour Lights Picturehouse, Southampton is showing the film.

Loads of seats remaining on all showings tomorrow too!

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinem...ts/film/Senna/
Old 3 Jun 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2890506)   #45
mikenunn-78
Racer

United Kingdom
mikenunn-78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cineworld are showing it as well at some of their cinemas http://www.cineworld.co.uk
Old 3 Jun 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2890509)   #46
stark
Rookie

stark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both the Cineworld and Vue cinema's in Aberdeen have the posters for the movie everywhere...but the closest showing in their books is Glasgow!

Luck has it we have a small independant cinema who has posters up AND is showing the film, so looking forward to it tonight!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2890602)   #47
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark View Post
Both the Cineworld and Vue cinema's in Aberdeen have the posters for the movie everywhere...but the closest showing in their books is Glasgow!

Luck has it we have a small independant cinema who has posters up AND is showing the film, so looking forward to it tonight!
On from today at my local cineworld (rugby). I'll give it a week or so for the rush to die down and then go and see it when I can have the cinema to myself .
Old 3 Jun 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2890736)   #48
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've found the film is out at a cinema by me for this week. For those who have seen it, how would someone with no motorsport interest find the film. Can't find anyone who's particularly interested in it and don't want to bore my mate if it would only be enjoyable to an F1 fan.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2890769)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I'll give it a week or so for the rush to die down and then go and see it when I can have the cinema to myself .
You should have been with me today - the cinema was virtually deserted!

My advice to anyone who hasn't yet seen would be get a group of six like minded mates and go to an early evening showing, if you can, so you have time to go to the pub or whatever afterwards and talk about it, because you'll definitely want to.

Indisputably the best and most charismatic driver of his or any other generation.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2890790)   #50
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
Well I've found the film is out at a cinema by me for this week. For those who have seen it, how would someone with no motorsport interest find the film. Can't find anyone who's particularly interested in it and don't want to bore my mate if it would only be enjoyable to an F1 fan.
my local radio station (hardly ever listen to it as they are boring annoying Wa.....) however they were raving about it, and the lady from empire mag says that its a good film for the characters etc rather than just for motorsporters, non of these people had any interest in motorsports i think the only thing they have any interest in is being a mild irritant