Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3096062)   #1
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 Brands Hatch

British F3 (hate calling it British F3 International, because I can't make it to any foreign races this year) this weekend at Brands Hatch.
According to Brand's web site a timetable has yet to be released...but understand F3 qualy is 11.15 with race 1 at 14.50.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3096067)   #2
Wendy Wool
Rookie

Wendy Wool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that will be 14 F3 cars on GP circuit, probably little overtaking, such a shame used to look forward to this meeting, but very low expectations now.

Hopefully a decent GT race, but if I chose to go will have to suffer the new FF,
maybe some Europeans make inject some life.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3096070)   #3
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The time table and entries can be accessed from the MSVR website here...

http://www.msvracing.co.uk/cars/calendar.aspx

Saturday currently showing as dry for qualifying and race 1 with showers forecast for Sunday which could be interesting.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3096084)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm hoping to pop along for this one but will probably have to bail out before the final F3 race. This meeting (and any F3 / GT race) is always made more interesting by a drop of rain Any sign of an entry list anywhere?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3096098)   #5
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Any sign of an entry list anywhere?

http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/127...ry%20lists.pdf

hth
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3096105)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ta. I'm sure that wasn't there earlier!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3096122)   #7
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Wool View Post
but if I chose to go will have to suffer the new FF,
Don't worry, on the Sunday there are also some proper Formula Fords as well. FF1600 is there with the latest Champion of Brands round.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3096141)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Wool View Post
I guess that will be 14 F3 cars on GP circuit, probably little overtaking, such a shame used to look forward to this meeting, but very low expectations now.
Adderley Fong is returning and should win the National Class.

It's a driver's circuit and with no traffic problems should allow the better drivers to show their skill.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3096322)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ok, i know it's there for a race, but part of the thing with f3 cars on the gp loop is going out into the trees and watching the guys really push the cars. there's some corners out there that require some commitment. sainz jnr will be well worth a look in particular.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3096910)   #10
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Adderley Fong is returning and should win the National Class.
That was a spot on prediction for race 1. Fong jumps back in his F3 car for his first showing and shows the national class boys the way home. Well the ONE who finished
Old 23 Jun 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3096934)   #11
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today's race wasn't exactly a hotbed of entertainment, was it? I counted two overtaking manoeuvres, and those were towards the back of the field between Fong and Ilyas.

Not overly upset that I won't be returning for the next two instalments tomorrow.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3096942)   #12
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You obviously missed the the very 'ballsy' move by Jasman Jafaar around the outside of Alex Lynn at Druids. Unfortunately the nature of teh track and cars mean there is never much overtaking in big singlew seaters at Brands Hatch.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3096951)   #13
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The racing was as predicted but as an aside I thought "the commentator for a day" was excellent!

I gather he won a competition and was afforded the opportunity to
co-commentate on the F3 and FF qualifying and racing.

His name was Liam, I don't know his surname, and I think he was still at
school? (sorry if I am wrong re school!)

He was extremely capable and made a big impression with his knowledge and style.

Hopefully he will get other opportunities with MSV, he is certainly going to put the (very) old guard under pressure

Well done Liam, you made a pretty dull F3 race sound exciting
Old 24 Jun 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3097054)   #14
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, wondered who he was.

If that was his first time calling a race live, then it was very impressive. Seemed knowledgeable and more than capable and, if more opportunities come his way, he can only get better.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3097081)   #15
CATMAN
Racer

I fell asleep after I saw a "hold on to that lead" tweet from the pole sitters team
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3097327)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Crikey, that good huh CATMAN?!

I'm interested to know that if F3 is so dull why it is that you still feel the need to go along and fall asleep in the stands to begin with?
Old 24 Jun 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3097412)   #17
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm interested to know that if F3 is so dull why it is that you still feel the need to go along and fall asleep in the stands to begin with?
I can't speak for CATMAN but there was a fantastic 2hr GT race that I was there for. I will also be at Snetterton, Silverstone and Donington for the same reason, but there's always a faint hope that something (usually weather related) that will make the F3 races something other than a follow my leader bore fest.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3097418)   #18
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Posted some images here
www.formula3pics.com/brands-hatch-2012
the ones of Hannes van Asseldonk's qualy shunt are quite dramatic
Old 26 Jun 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3098134)   #19
CATMAN
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Crikey, that good huh CATMAN?!

Why I would I sleep in the stands when I have nice passes that access all areas.
Oh, and there's the money as well.
Love Alfaholic's comment, I concur
Old 27 Jun 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3098928)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN View Post
Why I would I sleep in the stands when I have nice passes that access all areas.
Oh, and there's the money as well.
Love Alfaholic's comment, I concur
So you get free passes for something you're not really particularly interested in? What's the point of that?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3099070)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yet again marcus simmons makes bf3 come alive with his piece on the autosport site at the moment. i don't get excited about motorsport reporting very often, but it's so good to read something knowledgable and interesting. and well-written. i've said it before, but if anyone wants to be a good quality motorsport reporter, that's what you need to do.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3099154)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yes Marcus is quite old school but I think F3 is his thing. He is an enthusiast foremost, journo second. Just how it should be.