Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Apr 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1278185)   #1
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prescot Hill Climb

Hi, I'm going to help out at Prescot on the 1st of may, does anyone know what the eating arrangments are, have to get my priorities right!!!
Another thing, Is it an MSA event???
cheers, Lee
Old 14 Apr 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1278193)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eating arrangements are good. Hot pies in the marshals' pound at lunchtime at very reasonable rate, order at sign on. There's various outlets for the usual fayre too. Lunch breaks are usually quite reasonable (although with all speed events there's a danger of pressure for time if there's a number of long incidents in the morning). I haven't yet done a meeting there where there wasn't time to get to the pound.

This is an MSA event. British Championship, and awesome it will be too.

Make sure you make yourself known to the many 10thers who will be marshalling that week-end. Above all, have a great time, we always do.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1278224)   #3
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed I echo all that Woolley says. Get yourself to the pound and seek out Simon Nettell, Chief marshal...the rest is easy...oh and in addition to the fare stated by Woolley, we now have a jacket potato device that will provide spuds for anyone that wants one....price is yet to be confirmed by the PMC committee but it is likely that it will be £1 for non members and free to members...membership being only£3.50 per year, you would be in profit after two weekends, anyway look forward to meeting you there, I`ll be the hairy faced bald-ish looking one with a blazer on!
Old 14 Apr 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1278283)   #4
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I shall be there, but don't let that put you off
Old 14 Apr 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1278311)   #5
alec
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall also be there, but i've joined the dark side now (aka the startline team).
Old 14 Apr 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1278392)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
£1 for non members and free to members...membership being only£3.50 per year, you would be in profit after two weekends,
Some will not take that long...

The other advantage of the marshals' club is that there's a big hut with fridge and cooker and plenty of places to sleep if you don't have your own tent or caravan. Prescott really does set a high standard of providing facilities to the marshal. It will be good to get out on a hill after what seems like a very long off-season.

Last edited by Woolley; 15 Apr 2005 at 21:33. Reason: can't manage quotes
Old 15 Apr 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1279107)   #7
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Cheers guys, I'll see ya there, I'm the one with the very dodgyly ( how do you spell that!) sewn on 10Tenths patch and Castle Combe patches.
Please be gentle with me, Lee!
Old 15 Apr 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1279255)   #8
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee

Once you have done one hill climb you will be hooked! (I was) See you at Prescott some time this year.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1281110)   #9
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Kitten Kat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there too

Lee, as Andrew said once you've done Prescott once you will be hooked. It's a great hill and we get great motorsport! It's lots of fun
Old 18 Apr 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1281140)   #10
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too, dont forget the alcoholic drinks in vast quantities Kitten Kat. I have joined the even darker side and shall be residing at Esses in the rescue unit with rescue dude and blackx amongst others. See you all there
Old 18 Apr 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1281155)   #11
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to add to the list of "I'll be there's", I hope to see as many of you as possible overe the weekend - I will be attending as the MSA Steward, so I will have a walk up the hill at least once each day to chat to all the marshals.

See you there, let's all pray for fine weather.

Chris Hobson
National Chairman BMMC
Old 18 Apr 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1281461)   #12
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hobson

Chris Hobson
National Chairman BMMC

He's busy so he won't be listening, it's gonna rain!!
Lee
Old 18 Apr 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1281476)   #13
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hobson
Just to add to the list of "I'll be there's", I hope to see as many of you as possible overe the weekend - I will be attending as the MSA Steward, so I will have a walk up the hill at least once each day to chat to all the marshals.

Chris Hobson
National Chairman BMMC

Please remember to go quietly when passing through the esses

We have special tasks to undertake and these can only be done when its as quiet as can be......
Old 19 Apr 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1281972)   #14
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Please remember to go quietly when passing through the esses

We have special tasks to undertake and these can only be done when its as quiet as can be......
I think all marshals should make as much noise as possible to keep rescue awake!! After all we are one big team, so why should rescue get the bonus of sleeping off the hangovers of the nationals!!!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1282055)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
We could just nominate one person per post to stay awake and warn the rest of significant events such as shunts or visits from the national chairman? Especially effective if you can sleep standing up. No-one can tell if your eyes are closed if you wear the right sunglasses...
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1282144)   #16
Pike
Racer

It will be the snoring that gives it away woolley. And as for you kitten kat you should know better!! Obviously blackx was referring to my training that will be taking place in the Esses that requires peace and quiet for us all to concentrate.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1282204)   #17
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
It will be the snoring that gives it away woolley. And as for you kitten kat you should know better!! Obviously blackx was referring to my training that will be taking place in the Esses that requires peace and quiet for us all to concentrate.

What training is that then? How to sleep with noisy race cars going passed? Or is it the News of the World training your talking about?
Old 19 Apr 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1282301)   #18
Pike
Racer

As I am a trainee rescuer I need peace and quiet to drop off, I`m not experienced at it like the other crew!! News of the World - bit too much writing in that!!!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1282322)   #19
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
As I am a trainee rescuer I need peace and quiet to drop off, I`m not experienced at it like the other crew!! News of the World - bit too much writing in that!!!
Medical Journal and doughnuts are (or should be) the first technical terms taught - as they are the MOST important
Old 19 Apr 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1282433)   #20
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
We could just nominate one person per post to stay awake and warn the rest of significant events such as shunts or visits from the national chairman? Especially effective if you can sleep standing up. No-one can tell if your eyes are closed if you wear the right sunglasses...

Well volunteered that man

Old 19 Apr 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1282497)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Is that just for my post, or am I look-out for the whole hill?
Old 19 Apr 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1282513)   #22
blackx
Veteran

England
You can marshal at esses and keep a look out for us while your there...

Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1288730)   #23
alec
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be a good idea if we told all the first timers what the start times are for this weekend.

This certainly not because i've forgotten what time it starts. Not at all. Well, maybe.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1288741)   #24
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
If you get there for 5 o'clock you wont be late!!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1288746)   #25
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK folks, be there Saturday morning at approx 8 am signing on should start at 8:15 with first car off the line at 9:15, hope to see you all there when I come to the pound for me cup of tea...it`s free you know! For those of you that are posted to the higher reaches of the hill, we will be running a taxi service in one of the course cars, Simon, Chief marshal will tell you all the details on the day.

Jim