Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 6 Nov 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2982361)   #1
ajbentley
Rookie

ajbentley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oscar FFord 1600

Hi all.

I am looking to find any info on the Oscar FFord 1600 that raced in the early 70s. This car was built by Frank Boyles, who around that time worked for Cooper on the F3 and F1 cars.

I have heard that it was recently for sale, so if anyone knows who was selling it, or who bought it that would be great.

The reason I am doing this is because Frank Boyles is infact my uncle. I race, though not because of his involvement in motorsport (Frank moved onto large scale engineering installations) and he and the whole family would love to know it's where abouts and if possible see it again after all these years.

Andrew Bentley
Old 6 Nov 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2982367)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Moved to history, much more likely to get an answer.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 16:50 (Ref:2982806)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might be worth trying to contact the Vintage Racing League. There is a guy who posts on there as John N. Here is the text from a post of his.

"Well I did not do the full course of the racing drivers school at Silverstone instead forming the Oscar Car Company with Frank Boyles Designer (Cooper Formula 1), David Oldham (Oselli Engineering). The chassis had to sell for one thousand pound complete. We got Brian Smith to drive the first chassis and it came 3rd first time out at Castle Combe. Unfortunately the Oscar Car Company did not continue and I acquired the car and raced it."

He also posted this picture of the car, apparently taken in 1970.
Attached Thumbnails
johnatsilverstone1970.jpg  
Old 9 Nov 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2983706)   #4
ajbentley
Rookie

ajbentley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks, I'll try to contact John N.

Still, if anyone knows any more, that would be very handy.