Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3020863)   #1
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT3

I know there's already been some discussion on the Genesis coupe GT3 project, but here are the first official pics from Racecar Engineering.

So what are your thoughts? Looks like it uses the 2013 model, with the new front end. I think the front looks pretty sick but the back... lacks something. As for the car itself, I wish Hyundai made this as a factory car. As it stands, this is an Australian GT3 project

Edit: Oops, forgot the link I wanted to post: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...ages-released/ The car will have 520 HP

Last edited by FstrthnU; 3 Feb 2012 at 07:16.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3020864)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
it looks the business. I guess this will lead to GTE and maybe beyond.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3021025)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would be great if this led to direct involvement in motorsport by Hyundai.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3021055)   #4
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of when Nissan went GTO racing with the z cars. Hopefully this starts a revolution with Korean motor co's in GT racing.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3021069)   #5
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I does look 'sick', like it's trying to vomit its engine out through the grille. But that's how most Hyundais look these days. Otherwise, looks like a racecar.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3021104)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I think the biggest problem is that it'll be built in Australia if it is built at all. Not that that is a bad thing in its self, but establishing a customer support structure in the US and/or Europe will be a pain in the neck...
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3021116)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks nice.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3021126)   #8
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
it looks the business. I guess this will lead to GTE and maybe beyond.
Why does everything always have to lead into a GTE car? There was an announcement made about Audi and Mercedes going to GTE but they aren't entering a car in WEC and I doubt they will in ELMS. Mclaren was said to have a GTE car this year, seems that they won't. And finally, there won't be a Gallardo GTE at Le Mans this year, unlike what was predicted.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3022330)   #9
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks the goods and the specs look comparable with all the other GT3 cars. BoP should keep it competitive.

I cant see why building them in Australia is a bad thing. If they can race in any country it shouldnt make any difference.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3022345)   #10
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Why does everything always have to lead into a GTE car? There was an announcement made about Audi and Mercedes going to GTE but they aren't entering a car in WEC and I doubt they will in ELMS. Mclaren was said to have a GTE car this year, seems that they won't. And finally, there won't be a Gallardo GTE at Le Mans this year, unlike what was predicted.
There was never going to be a McLaren MP4-12C GTE car this year, only the GT3 version. Wait for next year however and I expect the GTE will be racing!
Old 6 Feb 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3022346)   #11
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And finally, there won't be a Gallardo GTE at Le Mans this year, unlike what was predicted.
In fact, Reiter is focusing this year into endurance races, and has discarted any future participations in WEC or le mans with the GTE class, the increase of the costs in the GTE class, seems that will drive in not a far future to this class to the demise, like the GT1 class.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9234.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
There was never going to be a McLaren MP4-12C GTE car this year, only the GT3 version. Wait for next year however and I expect the GTE will be racing!
With this year's short GTE grid is, at least risky to build a car for this class.

Last edited by urdragon; 6 Feb 2012 at 20:56.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3022347)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Why does everything always have to lead into a GTE car? There was an announcement made about Audi and Mercedes going to GTE but they aren't entering a car in WEC and I doubt they will in ELMS.

The Audi was said to be an ALMS car, not scheduled to appear until midseason... whether it does or not... tbd.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3026525)   #13
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if it's being built with the same aim as the Chevy Camaro. Cheap to buy, easy to mantain and built for customers. I like how the budget end of the class is beginning to develop and I hope that this secures the future of GT3, considering how expensive motorsport is nowdays. I hope this might encourage a few more companies to experiment with affordable sports cars.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3026867)   #14
Racenut
Racer

Australia
I would imagine there are a lot of people running in so called 'cheaper' classes that would like to run in GT3 but cant afford the 'ferrari' surcharge on parts that have to be replaced regularly.

The Genesis looks like a good concept. Bring it on.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3026877)   #15
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the Hyundai's price was suggested to be 275.000€, so that's only marginally cheaper than the competition...

And then, work on the GT3 seems to be on hold right now, with the Grand Am version on the fast track: http://www.racing-report.com/index.p...ews&Itemid=204
Old 17 Feb 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3027096)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Well, the Hyundai's price was suggested to be 275.000€, so that's only marginally cheaper than the competition...

And then, work on the GT3 seems to be on hold right now, with the Grand Am version on the fast track: http://www.racing-report.com/index.p...ews&Itemid=204
I love the quote in the article:

Quote:
Grand Am has been very helpful, unlike the FIA.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3027373)   #17
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Hopefully the FIA can do something for the sport and make it happen. It would be good to see a more normal car. I know its nice to dream of owning an exotic, aston for me, but being realistic I can afford a Hyundai.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3027648)   #18
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No matter, it's always nice to see another option come about. Delta wing concept being the exception.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3027675)   #19
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame that the GT3 car has been put on hold, but I'll still look forward to the Grand-Am version.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 04:05 (Ref:3027809)   #20
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don`t understand. There are a lot of series with GT3 rules in the world, but only 2 series with totally FIA rules( European FIA GT3 and world GT1). The rest of the national and international series must allow the Hyundai Genesis, which is the problem then?

Last edited by hondafan37; 19 Feb 2012 at 04:21.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 04:54 (Ref:3027819)   #21
Speed-King
Veteran

No, most of the national series only refer to the FIA-rules for their ruleset, so FIA is the decisive authority.