Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Mar 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1549975)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...F1 test days coming to Supercars.......

F1 test days where every team has to turn up are coming to supercars as soon as this year or next year.

All session to be timed with transponders.

***linky***

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 04:51 (Ref:1550025)   #2
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the part of all cars officially timed with transmitters, (not transponders) but I disagree with making them all travel to the same track. They should be able to choose where and when they want to test.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1550088)   #3
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
F1 test days where every team has to turn up are coming to supercars as soon as this year or next year.
Errrr....there is no such thing as an "F1 test day where every team has to turn up".
Old 16 Mar 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1550100)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01
Errrr....there is no such thing as an "F1 test day where every team has to turn up".
Sorry, I've miss-quoted Mr Gordon Lomas.....I'm going to the sin bin for a week.

Quote:
V8 SUPERCARS will adopt Formula One-style testing with the managing body set to mandate official test days.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1550109)   #5
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Sorry, I've miss-quoted Mr Gordon Lomas.....I'm going to the sin bin for a week.
Even then, Mr Lomas has got it wrong.

There are no mandated official test days in F1...none at all.

There is a restriction on the number of test days they can do (as with V8's), but that's all.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1550128)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But isnt this what we have been saying about test days for years? I should start charging for some of these ideas...

I dont think the concept they are on about is a mandated test day, its more that there is an official test day on a circuit on a certain number of days per year, on a come one come all basis

If you think about it, as we have discussed to death previously, TEGA will get a cost saving from not having to send a technical delegate from its HQ to attend every single test... if they mandate the tests, any runs outside of these days will mean the teams are being naughty... and therefore the policing can also improve

Win win... as we have been saying forever....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Mar 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1550157)   #7
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
But isnt this what we have been saying about test days for years? I should start charging for some of these ideas...

I dont think the concept they are on about is a mandated test day, its more that there is an official test day on a circuit on a certain number of days per year, on a come one come all basis

If you think about it, as we have discussed to death previously, TEGA will get a cost saving from not having to send a technical delegate from its HQ to attend every single test... if they mandate the tests, any runs outside of these days will mean the teams are being naughty... and therefore the policing can also improve

Win win... as we have been saying forever....
Didn't they have a test day at EC a few years ago before the season started.It was the debut of the AU.Only cost $10 for the day.Cheapest AVESCO meet I ever went to.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1550192)   #8
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
You know what they say, if you throw enough ****, surely some has to stick.... and 15,000 posts is a fair share!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1550670)   #9
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a collection of teams at Winton on Monday, a few teams at QR more recently, so are we really that far away from it anyway?
Old 16 Mar 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1550673)   #10
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
There are only two test tracks in the country now. Queensland and Winton.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1550695)   #11
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
There are only two test tracks in the country now. Queensland and Winton.
As if the Toll sponsored 4 car Walkinshaw empire would test on a Linfox owned test track at Phillip Island..

Winton: SCAR, HRT, HSVDT, JDR, Tasman, GRM FPR, Britek, BJR,
Phillip Island: RNR
Willowbank: PMM, TKR SBR, 888, DJR, WPS, PCR

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1550696)   #12
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg
You know what they say, if you throw enough ****, surely some has to stick.... and 15,000 posts is a fair share!
Mr GTRMagic is a nice bloke (suck suck, please dont ban me again!!)

Old 17 Mar 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1550855)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Dice
As if the Toll sponsored 4 car Walkinshaw empire would test on a Linfox owned test track at Phillip Island..

Winton: SCAR, HRT, HSVDT, JDR, Tasman, GRM FPR, Britek, BJR,
Phillip Island: RNR
Willowbank: PMM, TKR SBR, 888, DJR, WPS, PCR
Has any pressure been brought to bear on Mr Nash's team to test at Winton??

Back to the subject at hand... the only real stipulation about F1 test days is the total number each year.... which is in the gentleman's agreement that Ferrari conveniently choose to ignore each year

Other than that there is NO FIA or FOCA intervention to them

They just happen to occur with a group of teams agreeing to test at a particular circuit on a particular date. They provide their own timing (FIA or FOCA do NOT get involved in this part of it either and there is no Official Timing) and not all teams are required to turn up either. I

Indeed there have been instances where two tracks will actually be used at the same time - with one or more teams actually turning up at both tracks on the same day.

Ferrari, BMW-Williams and McLaren have all doen this in the past 12 months - in fact Ferrari appeared at 3 tracks over the space of a 3 day test last year (include Fiorino - their own track across the road from the race HQ).

The bottom line is - there are only a limited number of tracks where F1 cars are permitted to test and indeed have the slots available - so it appears as if everyone has an organised test at those tracks whereas in reality they are just pooling resources.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Mar 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1553129)   #14
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Why IS ol' Nashie running at Phillip Island? Will Paul Morris slip into the driver's seat during one of those tests?

Old 20 Mar 2006, 04:49 (Ref:1553363)   #15
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
He would be paying a lot of money to test there wouldn't he? He would have nobody to share the cost of the track hire with. I am guessing track hire at PI is not that cheap either???
Old 20 Mar 2006, 05:21 (Ref:1553367)   #16
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Its around $5,000 a day with medical and fire attendance...

They should group him with Morris and make them test at Willowbank

Old 20 Mar 2006, 07:23 (Ref:1553399)   #17
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More like $7,000