Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Oct 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1126639)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi, a great world championhip winning ride

I know I keep banging on about it but Rossi's will to win is extraordinary. He didn't need to go 10/10ths to outwit Gibenau to seal his World Championship a race early but he bloody well did. A fantastic last lap at Philip Island and passes where it wasn't normally 'on'. Jesus!

The poor Spaniard doesn't quite know what to make of it, and I'm sure that if his head was in better shape, he could have beaten Rossi this year.

Again, we have just witnessed some super special stuff from Rossi as we have done with Schumacher lately. That puts Rossi up with the all time greats. But no one has done back to back WCs on different bikes. Wow.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1126668)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Old 17 Oct 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1126688)   #3
KRONOSJL
Rookie

KRONOSJL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the fact ROSSI is a "allien ace" , but dont call GIBERNAU "poor spanian" ! Without GIBERNAU ROSSI would have been world chazmpion as SCHUMI ,finger in the nose , seven races before the end of the season.
Where were BIAGGI , EDWARDS , HAYDEN , the others yamaha boys ? GIBERNAU is not an artist , but a hard fighter, we must give him our respect.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1126696)   #4
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No no don't misunderstand me, total respect, I think the Spaniard is great. Just as Baricello is at Ferrari. But Rossi scrambled Gibenau's brain earlier this year, and he doesn't appear to get over it.
It's going to be interesting to see where these top dogs end up for '05, but I think it would be different if Gibenau said to himself 'I have and will again beat Rossi', not mope over it. He needs to beleive more in himself. Rossi at any time, looks at the field around him and can say to himself, 'I can scrap better than any of you'. He 'knows' he can.

Last edited by gfm; 17 Oct 2004 at 15:16.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1126785)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree, he has the same advantage Mick had when he was dominant. And for that matter the same as Michael has in F1.
Even if he looks like he doesnt really want to push it he seems to not be able to help himself. A few times this year you have watched him just really dig in and go for it, even the moves are not always strictly from the book but he ALWAYS makes them stick and stays in front. You have the respect the genius of the lad and pay homage, but keeps you eyes on Pedrosa, he won 250 in his first year. Even Vale did not manage that feat
Old 18 Oct 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1127227)   #6
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chunder
... even the moves are not always strictly from the book but he ALWAYS makes them stick and stays in front.
Valentino is writing the new book, not sure he's bothered reading the old one.

Che Spettacolo Rossi !!!
Old 18 Oct 2004, 12:34 (Ref:1127267)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And, important ot notice, he's still relatively young.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 13:45 (Ref:1127335)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Assuming he doesn't switch to some form of car racing, how many titles could he feasibly win? 8? 10? As chunder says, Pedrosa could be the biggest long-term threat - none of the current riders look good enough to beat him, even with a fair bike advantage this year.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1127421)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we still don't know how Pedrosa with his 50 kilos. will cope with a MotoGp bike ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Oct 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1128300)   #10
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was incredible wasn't it? The first and last laps are contenders for the ebst of the year - I couldn't beleive the succession of moves Rossi, Capirossi and Gibernau pulled off, the bravery and commitment was astounding, especially as second was enough for Rossi and first wasn't enough for Gibernau. The guy just doens't know when to settle for second, does he?
Old 19 Oct 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1128401)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am trying to think of a guy who is really little who can ride a MotoGP bike, Loris is the only one I can think of really.
I think though that ALberto will be telling Dani to not put too much effort into building up bulk as now on a 250 it is to his advantage!
Maybe when he does get on a GP bike Alberto will start letting him build up the bulk as Marco did and Loris did when he moved up. Loris is pretty stocky now if you notice.
What about Garry McCoy, he is tiny. It might work to Dani's advantage to stay little as it did for Garry, less weight meand less pressure on the tyres, if they can make the bike easy to ride he might have a huge advantage, especially on straight line speed, 220mph here we come!!