Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:14 (Ref:160320)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Japanese Gp Ends A Great Season!!~

Well done Michael, you finished the race where you started...at the top!

Wonderful race for Michael, a demonstration of domination that sums up their form this year. At no point does he seem to be under serious threat (besides the brake locking moment early on) and there's no doubt he is the best driver this year.

JPM great driving too. VERY impressive for someone doing his first time in Suzuka. Proved himself to be totally up there with the best...Michael.

Rubens, what can i say... could not maximise his speed on a 3 stopper, and couldn't match JPM's speed. Slightly disappointing... But he demonstrated his worth as a Ferrari driver... as his overtaking move on Ralf showed... he is still improving...

Thats all for 2001... Bye Mika, Bye Jean...roll on 2002!
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:29 (Ref:160322)   #2
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Michael Schumacher!! 2001 WDC!! Well done!!

I wondered why RB still insists on a 3 stopper, i think he have done a couple of 3 stopper already, but none worked for him! RB can't even catch JPM who is on a 2 stopper.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:40 (Ref:160324)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great end to a superb season, one of the best Japanese GP's of late. Good win for TGF but Montoya demonstrated what a force he could be next year.

Ralf is certainly rattled at the moment and is really going to have to sort his head out before next year if he is going to compete with his team mate.

4 and a half months till seaon 2002!!
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:42 (Ref:160325)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great race by all, a lot of seat of the pants stuff and although there was not much passing, at least there were different strategies being played out which made the race interesting. And the best thing was the race was on at 3:30pm.

However, I've got some word for a Mr. Ralf Schumacher, and they are all bad. What a shocker! He drove like an old lady, no wait, I've seen some old ladies drive better than he did today. He must really be affected by the speed of JPM nowadays. And there are no excuses to cover the fact he drove poorly.

A sad farewell for Jean. I'm sure everyone would have preferred him to finish on a high note, but some things are not meant to be. Also goodbye to Mika (for a while?) but at least he finished, although what made him slow down and give the podium to DC is anyones guess?

Great races from TGF and JPM. Very quick all race long but those first laps by TGF handed him the race on a platter. Rubens was screwed by strategy, but also lacked pace.

Here's looking forward to 2002.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:51 (Ref:160330)   #5
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf is certainly looking rattled by JPM at the moment, if JPM constantly beats Ralf next year i think the dummy will be spat out before too long. While it was a sad finish to Alesi's career it is a relief that both he & Rakkonen walked away unhurt after what could have easily been a very nasty accident.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:52 (Ref:160331)   #6
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Outstanding race from both JPM and Michael. I thought Schui was going to lose it when he came out behind Mika, but luckily for him Montoya had traffic problems of his own. 2002 will definately be a Michael Vs Juan showdown and I cant wait!!!

P.S Today also completed the trifecta which I consider the most valuable in F1, namely
1. Monaco
2. Spa
3. Suzuka

I love it when Michael wins one of those races, and to win all 3 in the same season just made my year!!! GO SHUI!!!!!!!!!11
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:53 (Ref:160332)   #7
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think you've seen the normal Michael at Monza and Indy. I think this weekend you will see me back.
Michael Schumacher
Was there ever any doubt....

Montoya....the guys on the edge. He wants to be the No 1 and thats half the job done.
Ralf you are close to being disowned. He needs a better psyciatrist then Michael... too much in awe of him.

Maclaren...looks like they'll have two No 2 drivers next year.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 08:15 (Ref:160339)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done TGF. Well done JPM.

Michael, the record breaker. A race apart from the others.

JPM is getting close. Luckly to Ralf it's the end of the season, he should find time to get the grip again, or...

Nothing unexpected about RB, as he said after the race "Monza and Indy were the races I should win" and the strategy was set up by Ross. As usual excuse he said that he's not that good at Suzuka, because he's a left foot braker... go home RB.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 08:57 (Ref:160350)   #9
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neutral
2002 will definately be a Michael Vs Juan showdown and I cant wait!!!

i believe KIMI Raikkonen will join them too! don't you think so?
Old 14 Oct 2001, 09:29 (Ref:160361)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe, but for me the best thing of all has been Juan this year.IMO he is just what the doctor ordered for F1. I for one hope he can give Michael a spanking next year as to watch another season of such domination would frustrate the hell out of me. It will also be interesting to see how Big Schu reacts if in a position where his championship depends on his rival finishing the race next year. Has he learnt anything since last time ?
And if it isn't Juan, lets hope Kimi has the goods.
That's just some of many exciting questions we shall ponder as we countdown to melbourne for the start of next year.

God help me, the season is over 2 1/2 hours and I'm already talking about next year
Old 14 Oct 2001, 09:44 (Ref:160367)   #11
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyones going to break TGF's domination it will have to be JPM as there just isn't any other driver in the same class.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 10:39 (Ref:160385)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
However, I've got some word for a Mr. Ralf Schumacher, and they are all bad. What a shocker! He drove like an old lady, no wait, I've seen some old ladies drive better than he did today.
He overtook a Mr. Mika Hakkinen...

I don't think this was a spectacular race - it wasn't exactly the best of the year. And IMO it hasn't ended a superb season either. It's been possibly one of the poorest ever, the best thing about it being the fact that five different drivers won races and that Williams are making a recovery.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 10:53 (Ref:160389)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Enough of the Ralf bashing already!! Can't you guys see that Steph is hurting? I fully understand how someone can have a favourite sportsman, and its best to just say - OK he had a bad day at the office.
Just a point here - when the Michelin's "poor grip for the first ten laps" is sorted out, JPM will be unbeatable. There were some CART enthusiasts who promised that JPM would be the real thing - after today's showing, is there any doubt? There was one particluar lap where he really pushed the car, and his car control was phenomenal.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 14 Oct 2001 at 10:54.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 11:15 (Ref:160396)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Enough of the Ralf bashing already!! Can't you guys see that Steph is hurting? I fully understand how someone can have a favourite sportsman, and its best to just say - OK he had a bad day at the office.

Good one VB. Ralfie is adapting to his new life...
Old 14 Oct 2001, 11:25 (Ref:160403)   #15
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well... surely Ralf din't do that badly to warrant rubbish heaped upon him. Sure, he did not exactly impress, but he managed to cling onto the tail of Rubens and match his pace. But one worry is if pressure is getting into him. There seem to be a slight dip in his performance since his last victory. Hopefully, he sort himself out and improve even further~

But JPM... like Michael, any teammate would seem "poorer" beside them due to the awesome natural talent in the former 2. It's not that their teammate is inferior...in fact both Rubens and Ralf are excellent drivers. It just happen that Michael and JPM seem to be one up... which means we would have an exciting fight next year! Michael showed he is still very much in his element, and in fact, getting better over time!

Hmmm... i think it is really unfair to say this year is one of the poorest. In fact, i think it is one of the best for the past 8 years. The class of a true champion...the coming of a (or 3) new star... 3 teams fighting for victory at each race... some real quality racing/overtaking... blah blah... F1 seem to be getting better... More rain next season ought to do the trick!~
Old 14 Oct 2001, 11:47 (Ref:160416)   #16
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Enough of the Ralf bashing already!! OK he had a bad day at the office.
I think that is pretty much what is being said here.

He did win three GP's this year however. And some off us had to swallow hard before raising our heads. Even the Ralf can get lucky it would seem (enclose photo of Cora).
Old 14 Oct 2001, 12:09 (Ref:160427)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This season hasnt been too bad, the middle sason races in France and Nurburgring werent great, but they rarely are unless it rains.

I hope next season we see more wet races, Malaysia was the best race this year IMO as we saw Ferrari carve their way through after their pit stop tea party!!!

I think JPM will be the next Senna, Schumacher in terms of dominance and i can't wait until next year!
Old 14 Oct 2001, 12:35 (Ref:160435)   #18
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bye bye Mika

It was sweet of you to hand your podium position to DC; even though he was already assured of second in the driver's championship, you decided to make quite sure. Can't say I blame you though for wanting to keep as far away from the Press conference as possible...

You may not have won as many races as people predicted (damn Spain!!!), but you've given me many a reason to watch the races, plenty to write about over the past few years as well as chasing you around Silverstone and I'm glad we've got to know each other.

But, life goes on, there's plenty of people to carry on watching as I ensure that Kimi, Fernando and all the other guys get a good blast of my airhorn next year. Rest assured though, dear Mika, I will still be supporting you too. See you in 2003 mate!

Congratulations Michael. Come on JPM - don't let 2002 be another walkover - we need competition!
Old 14 Oct 2001, 12:40 (Ref:160438)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
It could be argued that Fernando's was the drive of the day - he ended just behind Jacques in 11th place out of 18 finishers. Too bad he doesn't get to drive a real F1 car; it would be nice to see him in the Williams with JPM. Now he will inherit the engine that he outqualified and beat for next year.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 12:59 (Ref:160445)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
An astounding display of dominance by TGF and Ferrari... Total domination... What more can be said?

Can't wait until next year!!
Old 14 Oct 2001, 13:56 (Ref:160456)   #21
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando is God full stop.
I am dying to see that Massa fella drive next season, I have got the same feeling as I had with the God before mentioned.

Thank you Mika
Jean you made me cry the year you lost at Monza and you climbed the wall to salute the tifosi. Don't go to America is too dangerous I ll miss you (specially if it rains)
Old 14 Oct 2001, 14:10 (Ref:160460)   #22
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the GP on TV....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What is it with me and Formula 1 now? About 8 years ago I loved it, but now I find it dull and boring (Give me Le-Mans any day).

So then, pay 130 pounds to go to Silverstone and see the GP next year or perform Root canal surgerey on myself....

hmmm... pass the pliers please......
Old 14 Oct 2001, 17:29 (Ref:160547)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumacher's mastery, love him or hate him, is an amazing thing to see.
I am fearful that he will pick up in Melbourne where he left off this year.

Wiliams will certainly be contesting for the WCC next year, and I think its apparent that Ralf came of age this season and seemed poised for the next step up. But towards the end of the season, he lost his momentum and was eclipsed by Montoya's awesome talent. Unfortuanately, the man we had seen Ralf mature into faded into the petulant arrogant boy he had been back at Jordan when faced with Montoya's increasing pace.
Barrichello has proved that he will have one season left at Ferrari and will not be the man to step into Schumacher's shoes when TGF finally retires.

If Raikkonen and Coulthard fail to perform next year, it will be due to Mclaren having lost their edge. The Team really slid this year and their time at the very top has ended. Maybe they will be able to rebuild with Raikkonen, maybe not. Next year won't be Coulthard's either. (Too bad)

Goodbyr Mika, I don't know who to cheer for now, but thanks for all the great memories.

And finally, expect Renault to be the spoiler next year. Too bad for Fisichella, who wil watch Jordan struggle yet again.

It was as good a s season as can be expected. F1 isn't about on-track competition. Its too bad, but that's the way it is.

We are in the Ferrari era and when Schumacher retires, it will be some one else's turn. Probably Montoya and Button(!) at Williams.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 01:22 (Ref:160688)   #24
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERO, I agree. I genuinley don't think we've seen the last of Jenson Button. He could yet be the new Damon Hill. Great!! Someone else to despise when TGF retires!!

McLaren have, IMO made a bit of an mistake hiring Kimi. It is blatently obvious that Heidfeld is the better driver in that team, especially after today.

I had to blink twice to confirm where Alonso was!! Stunning!! I REALLY hope he doesn't get the testing role at Renault and is FORCED to drive at Minardi. I'll miss him otherwise, like I do Badoer and Gené.

2002 looks like being a corker. I can't see anyone beating Shumi, but Williams will get closer. I for one hope Ferrari win as I get bored with Williams winning everything. The same applies to McLaren. This is the Ferrari era and at last they've had the best car for the most part of this year. I can't wait for the F2002!!
Old 15 Oct 2001, 03:08 (Ref:160712)   #25
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan

I had to blink twice to confirm where Alonso was!! Stunning!! I REALLY hope he doesn't get the testing role at Renault and is FORCED to drive at Minardi. I'll miss him otherwise, like I do Badoer and Gené.

If I remember correctly, there were three cars very close together at one stage, and Fernando was in the third. There was no way he could pass the more powerful cars in front, but he kept right up with them. I'd love to see him at Williams as JPM's team mate. (Dream on)