Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Sep 2002, 18:03 (Ref:392426)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
New management at Rockingham

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=20814&s=7

Rockingham Motor Speedway has a new chief executive following David Grace's decision to step down. The new boss is Ashley Pover, who has spent the past 15 years working for Cantor Fitzgerald and Co, a leading financial institution.

Pover said: "I'm astounded by the quality of this world class facility, it should be a national treasure. Rockingham is now up and running and has staged some great racing in the past 18 months. However, we now need to build the awareness of this international entertainment venue to a wider audience."

Chairman Peter Middleton has also stepped down and will be replaced by Joe Dickinson, who has been a member of the Rockingham board since September last year.
Old 1 Oct 2002, 01:30 (Ref:392691)   #2
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm wondering if that is fallout from the Champ Car race or if it was planned before that and they deliberately waited until after the race. This may be a good thing. I'm not sure yet. One thing that did concern me was that the artical said that Ashley Pover spent the past 15 years running some sort of financial institution. The artical didn't mention anything about previous experience in the racing world. I do not wish to criticize the man's abilities as the man in charge. Obviously he must have been good at what he did to achieve the success he has. What does he know about racing? I understand that a track is a business and must be run that way to make a profit and be a viable entity. Without that there will not be races there from year to year. However, I do think it's important to have a passion for racing in order to truley make it work in the long run.