Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3061761)   #1276
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So will Mr Coulthard go faster or slower now? I can recall something similar going on at Tasman a few years ago, swapping chassis, engineers, and anything else that might have given the quicker driver an edge over the household name... none of the swaps helped much... wonder how this one shall go?
Didn't work out so well for Will Davo, after nearly winning the championship, Tander takes his engineer and Davo bombs and leaves the team!
Old 21 Apr 2012, 02:01 (Ref:3062906)   #1277
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Didn't work out so well for Will Davo, after nearly winning the championship, Tander takes his engineer and Davo bombs and leaves the team!
Davo took that engineer with him to FPR so i don't think that was the problem
Old 21 Apr 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3063369)   #1278
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article

V8S AIM TO RETAKE BATHURST

The Bathurst 1000 this year should be fascinating. Now that the outright lap record has fallen to a mere formula three car with Chris Gilmour belting around in two minutes, 4.6187 seconds, there is conjecture that the V8 supercars will get the chance to take it back in October using soft, grippier tyres. Jamie Whincup holds the V8 Supercar race lap record, a 2:08.4651 set during the 2007 Bathurst 1000.
Article Here

Yes its Mr McKay... but what chance is there that Bathurst will have softs instead of hards?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Apr 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3063373)   #1279
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jonny Reid to Tekno

Not many seats left unfilled...
Old 22 Apr 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3063469)   #1280
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Article Here

Yes its Mr McKay... but what chance is there that Bathurst will have softs instead of hards?
What would be good is if teams had the choice: use softs and TRY to make the fuel window or use harder tyres and certainly get through. Maybe allow so many sets of each for race day (5?), teams decide how and when.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 07:18 (Ref:3063470)   #1281
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
What would be good is if teams had the choice: use softs and TRY to make the fuel window or use harder tyres and certainly get through. Maybe allow so many sets of each for race day (5?), teams decide how and when.
How about giving them a couple of sets of softs for qualifying... like the good old days of open tyres....
Old 22 Apr 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3063491)   #1282
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
like that idea GTR.

does it really matter if they have softs for qualifying and hards for the race

or what about if we get all top ten shoot out guys a set of softs.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3063542)   #1283
Smokey Retirement
Racer

Australia
Pit Lane
Smokey Retirement should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im over reading Peter McKays crap. First he went on about the Scuderia Ferrari being faster than the V8's earlier this year...yes, it did post a quicker time than the V8's do, but its a lighter car with an engine that is allowed to rev well past the V8 Supercars rev-limited 7500, with more downforce and a more slippery body than that of the Holden or Ford, and costs bucket loads more. Now he is rambling on about a F3 car being faster.
Does he remember ranting on and on for most of last year that no other manufacturer is interested in joining the V8 series?? Does he remember going on record years ago stating that driving the V8 dinosaurs will be a thing of the past and the 2L series is that way of the future?? Hmmm.....pretty confident that a few manufacturers showed more than just a fleeting interest with, as we know, Nissan joining, and I'm pretty sure the V8 series is still going strong with the 2L series just a distant memory.
What someone should do is build a V8 supercar with an engine with no limiters or controlled restrictions and then throw down a lap with the soft tyres. then we will see a lap time to make the F3 time seem sad
Old 22 Apr 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3063556)   #1284
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Retirement View Post
Im over reading Peter McKays crap. First he went on about the Scuderia Ferrari being faster than the V8's earlier this year...yes, it did post a quicker time than the V8's do, but its a lighter car with an engine that is allowed to rev well past the V8 Supercars rev-limited 7500, with more downforce and a more slippery body than that of the Holden or Ford, and costs bucket loads more. Now he is rambling on about a F3 car being faster.
Does he remember ranting on and on for most of last year that no other manufacturer is interested in joining the V8 series?? Does he remember going on record years ago stating that driving the V8 dinosaurs will be a thing of the past and the 2L series is that way of the future?? Hmmm.....pretty confident that a few manufacturers showed more than just a fleeting interest with, as we know, Nissan joining, and I'm pretty sure the V8 series is still going strong with the 2L series just a distant memory.
What someone should do is build a V8 supercar with an engine with no limiters or controlled restrictions and then throw down a lap with the soft tyres. then we will see a lap time to make the F3 time seem sad
That happened some time ago. GRM built a red one and a yellow one. Wheel them back out, slap a set of said soft tyres on them, and there you go.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3063629)   #1285
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
That happened some time ago. GRM built a red one and a yellow one. Wheel them back out, slap a set of said soft tyres on them, and there you go.
If your referring to the Nations Cup Monaros they built then no, they still wouldnt be as quick, not even as fast as a current V8 Supercar. Enough power but too heavy and not nearly enough downforce. Although it would probably outlast both other cars in a 24hr race.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3063660)   #1286
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Retirement View Post
You seem to have missed the point - it wouldnt be a v8 supercar then would it?

The Ferrari is built to GT3 regulations and Chris Gilmour's to F3 regulations.

Both categories are faster than v8 supercar regulations.

I think you need to come to terms with this reality and a journalist reporting on said reality.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3063943)   #1287
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
due to not knowing anywhere else to post this:

anyone caught onto comments from the ex-HRT/WP enduro employee, now employed by a Ford team (and a certain national broadcaster) and his defence of Will Davison's lack of joy at HRT 2010?

Interesting...
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3063948)   #1288
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
due to not knowing anywhere else to post this:

anyone caught onto comments from the ex-HRT/WP enduro employee, now employed by a Ford team (and a certain national broadcaster) and his defence of Will Davison's lack of joy at HRT 2010?

Interesting...
tell us more....
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3063952)   #1289
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craig Baird.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3063960)   #1290
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Craig Baird.
So as in: I wasn't any good in that car either.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3063967)   #1291
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So as in: I wasn't any good in that car either.
probably because he didn't drive it...
he was entered in a car from the same family with Mr Coulthard that went barrel rolling through the chase in 2010, eliminating the car from the meeting, before Mr Baird could race the car.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 04:03 (Ref:3065657)   #1292
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tekno to stay white

Also confirms that Mother was getting a lot of signage for perhaps not a lot of dollars...
Old 26 Apr 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3065658)   #1293
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Also confirms that Mother was getting a lot of signage for perhaps not a lot of dollars...
Clearly the D'Alberto's business connections help them a great deal in this regard.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3067603)   #1294
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christian Klien, former Formula 1 Driver from Austria, has tested for Walkinshaw Racing last month. I think he's close to get a full-time seat.

http://www.christian-klien.com/EN/Ne...id=111&start=0

It would be great to see another european driver in the V8SC beside Alex Premat.
Old 30 May 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3081622)   #1295
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New look for the Lucky 7 Falcon:

Gotta say, that looks awesome!

Story here: Speedcafe
Old 30 May 2012, 06:05 (Ref:3081630)   #1296
Mixer
Veteran

Looks great, sadly recent SBR designs have looked like munters....
Old 30 May 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3081767)   #1297
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reckon DW might love that if he heads back to The Mountain this year.........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3083226)   #1298
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Reckon DW might love that if he heads back to The Mountain this year.........
The size of the Lucky7 sticker is now probably commensurate with the size of the budget input
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3083228)   #1299
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Problems for FPR? Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article @ GoAuto
GoAuto understands that around 12 FPV staff members have lost their job and there are unconfirmed reports that the company has been ordered to vacate its Campbellfield premises by the end of the year.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3083585)   #1300
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Problems for FPR? Here
Well things are going great in the race team, it's about time for Ford to load the shotgun & take it's boots off.