Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Aug 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3127325)   #1
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jigsaw Race at CSCC Mallory Meeting

Just like to say a big thank-you to Mark and Jo Field for organising another super Triumph orientated race at Mallory at the excellent CSCCs' meeting last weekend at Mallory. It was a hard fought race with lots of races going on within it. All participants behaved brilliantly, giving their fellow racers respect but still really going for it. I had a brilliant race with Les Congdon in his Spitfire, clean but not giving an inch either way and that seemed to be the general consensus of opinion. Well done to all and come on all you TRers, Dolomiters and others of the ilk, see you out there next time.

Last edited by Celia Stevens; 30 Aug 2012 at 11:17. Reason: Bad grammar and missing one space!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3127348)   #2
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Celia and well done Mark and Jo ! Also the first time there has been two works Spitfires (ADU 1B & ADU 7B)on track together in the UK for a long time ! Great show and as has already been said a clean and entertaining race !

Ian
( The fortunate driver off ADU 7B)
Old 30 Aug 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3127420)   #3
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
REALLY sorry guys, didn't get many shots of you this time, about a dozen - was a great and varied selection of motors though [huge thumbs up]

.DAVID.

#3 - few looked a little 'poorly' hope it wasn't too serious

#4 - errrr Triumph?

#5 - real shame about the bright / modern helmet

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3127451)   #4
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
#3 wasn't to serious just a knackred oil dipstick seal always looks more dramatic as it leaks onto the exhaust

#4 I think is a Standard 10
Old 30 Aug 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3127473)   #5
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ian - you are correct, according to Google it is in fact a standard triumph 10. really did look great on track.

That much smoke is always a worry - but as no oil flags went out then I guessed she was okay.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3127482)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great race to spectate too

Andy Vowell (Spitfire) dice with the white TR was perhaps my highlight, every lap Andy would close right up through Gerards but then the TR's power kept it out of touch along the back straight - Andy eventually resorted to err extending his rev limit and got ahead.

Saw you Ian in the paddock but you were busy (or asleep) under the Fiesta so left you alone

Was the smokey Spit the car recieving the black flag? I never saw anyone respond to the flag despite it being out for a number of laps!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 30 Aug 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3127553)   #7
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
Not sure about the black flag mate as I was way over by the lake so wasnt aware of it . Nothing was said to Ali the driver after the race so I can only assume it wasn't meant for him.

Your right about Andy though it was awesome watching him battle the TR6!

Me sleeping under the Fiesta I was looking for divine intervention to help me try and get it to handle :-)
Old 31 Aug 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3127757)   #8
AndyV
Racer

England
Somerset, where the cider apples grow
AndyV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I'll echo the thanks for the Jigsaw team, another fun race and nice to be old with a varied grid of triumph enthusiasts.

Black flag was for No63 the green Spitfire, his bonnet was loose so he was called in to fasten it back down.

I had a great race with the TR6 eventually winning over Chris proving that twice the CCs doesnt always win out and that having the rev limiter with an off-switch is sometimes handy! (new valve springs on the way to keep the noise down next time BTW).

Andy
Old 31 Aug 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3127778)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyV View Post
I had a great race with the TR6 eventually winning over Chris proving that twice the CCs doesnt always win out and that having the rev limiter with an off-switch is sometimes handy! (new valve springs on the way to keep the noise down next time BTW).
Looked good from the Hairpin - valve bounce is a pretty effective rev limiter!
Old 31 Aug 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3127945)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
sorry, wrong place!

Last edited by midgetman; 31 Aug 2012 at 16:31. Reason: Wrote on wrong post - idiot!!!!