Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jun 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3099170)   #26
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very much looking forwards to this, having gone to watch for the first time last year. Can only attend on the Sunday due to a wedding the day before, but nevermind.

Is it a little bit early to ponder if there are any published entry lists around?
Old 28 Jun 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3099252)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Is it a little bit early to ponder if there are any published entry lists around?

Yes. Print deadline for the programme is today I think, so grid organisers should have given their lists to the event organisers for that. Unfortunately printing so early means by the time we get to the meeting some of the entries will have changed!

Am sure all the grids will be huge and represent a fantastic spectacle!

Old 29 Jun 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3099866)   #28
JDog
Rookie

JDog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger and Mike, im really looking forward to you guys joining us on Fujifilm Touring Car Trophy grid!! Should be a great weekend
Old 29 Jun 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3099947)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog View Post
Roger and Mike, im really looking forward to you guys joining us on Fujifilm Touring Car Trophy grid!! Should be a great weekend
A couple of oldies, and I am referring to the cars....
Old 30 Jun 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3100182)   #30
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog View Post
I think my Batmobile has been withdrawn. Engine issues (yet again!). They ran these cars for 24 hours in period, we can't seem to manage 24 minutes!
Old 30 Jun 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3100198)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Group 2 cars certainly seem to be technically challenging.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3100206)   #32
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I think my Batmobile has been withdrawn. Engine issues (yet again!). They ran these cars for 24 hours in period, we can't seem to manage 24 minutes!
Like nearly all these 'historics' these days I would imagine well stretched beyond their original capabilities.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3100208)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post

Try Mass on 01767 677800 ask for Chris Conoley.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3100209)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Like nearly all these 'historics' these days I would imagine well stretched beyond their original capabilities.
Hmm, bit unfair methinks.

The Gp2 3.0CSI BMW and the Ford RS3100 Capris were essentially thoroughbred racing cars, they bore little resemblance to the roadgoing versions. If you get the chance take a squint at the homologation certs and see what the respective companies did compared to Group 1, it is an eye opener.

As with formula one cars of the era (other than the Cosworth powered cars), these cars will be difficult to run. Last week, after 25mins of practice the JD Classics RS3100 had to have its axle stripped and rebuilt.

Group 2 cars of the 1973-75 era, are certainly not to be enterteined by us limited knowledge clubmen, but I know Roger has an excellent team working for him, so if they can't make it run then I doubt anyone can.

For me I will stick with Group 1/1B or perhaps (if the right car comes up) Group A, simply because the cars are pretty basic and we can work on them easily. Although if I had the dosh I'd still go for the RS3100 Capri.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3101660)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There seems to be more than one version of the timetable floating around on t'internet. My take is that the Woodcote and GpC races on Saturday will be in the evening- the latter starting at 2035. However another tt shows all finishing at 1730....

Anyone got inside information?

Old 4 Jul 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3101685)   #36
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was reading a newspaper or press release or something t'other day that said Group C at 2035 for half an hour into the twilight.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3101740)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I was reading a newspaper or press release or something t'other day that said Group C at 2035 for half an hour into the twilight.
Yes, members of he SCRC have also had info to that effect. Makes sense so that means my Sat race is 'tea time' and Woodcote Trophy will be before GpC. Shan't be eating out that evening then!
Old 4 Jul 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3101752)   #38
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got round that by telling Mrs MM we're having a meal out on the Saturday night, and I'll take her to the burger stand - well, they cost nearly as much as a proper meal anyway
Old 4 Jul 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3101757)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmm, might try and pop along on the Friday for qualifying etc. Unfortunately looks like i won't see Group C as i'll need to be home by 18.30!

I can't find any provisional entry lists yet and I'm quite keen on seeing what's running in the 72-00 touring cars....

Mike, Peter any assistance regarding that will be most welcome!!
Old 4 Jul 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3101763)   #40
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IN a lift out of MotorSport, they said the Phillip Island Classic is Australia'a version of this event. Has anybody here been to PI, is the comparison accurate?
Old 4 Jul 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3101854)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hmm, might try and pop along on the Friday for qualifying etc. Unfortunately looks like i won't see Group C as i'll need to be home by 18.30!

I can't find any provisional entry lists yet and I'm quite keen on seeing what's running in the 72-00 touring cars....

Have you been tagged then? I do have some insight into the grid you are referring to- Will see if can pm it as not in public domain yet.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3101863)   #42
jan bot
Rookie

jan bot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

We will be competing in the Fujifilm touring car race with our 1991 BMW M3 E30 Group A, http://www.botspeed.eu/en/our-m3/
It's our first race outside our regular YTCC championship and first time on such a big event.. really looking forward to it!
Old 4 Jul 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3101995)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Have you been tagged then? I do have some insight into the grid you are referring to- Will see if can pm it as not in public domain yet.
Something like that!!

Yes please pm Mike, I am very interested in these devices as you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan bot View Post
We will be competing in the Fujifilm touring car race with our 1991 BMW M3 E30 Group A, http://www.botspeed.eu/en/our-m3/
It's our first race outside our regular YTCC championship and first time on such a big event.. really looking forward to it!
That's great Jan, the more pre supertouring cars that are running the better (imo!)
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3102162)   #44
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got the RAC TT (aka Pre 63 GT) entry list for this, and have to say, what a stonking grid! Will hopefully be part of it in the Alfa.

(Couldn't help noticing that JR has a couple of cars entered, one of which is to be co-driven by a certain large-hatted musician). Let's hope it's not 'virtual insanity'...
Old 5 Jul 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3102575)   #45
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the entry lists up on the web to see?..........Martin
Old 6 Jul 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3102709)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Are the entry lists up on the web to see?..........Martin
Not as yet Martin, unless a race organiser has published on their own website. Appears so far that some competitors have been advised if they have an entry in certain races by receiving a list from the particular organiser.

As they are running the racing, thought HSCC might have a link on their events calendar ready to be activated but not even a 'dead' one at the moment!

Old 7 Jul 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3103138)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The timetable seems to be settling down and although still provisional Masters have this is on their website and also finals so we just need it to stop raining long enough for all the grass areas to be accessible! Meteorologist bloke on TV this morning reckons another 4 weeks of this weather, and that is only because their computers only predict up to 4 weeks....... Apparantly it is the Jet Stream's fault- it's lost it's way. Satnav not working properly?

Old 7 Jul 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3103163)   #48
midgetman
Veteran

Silverstone's going through hell this weekend isn't it? One feels for them, even if it turns out that the problems are self-inflicted. Fingers crossed that the Classic turns out to be an oasis of sunshine!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3103214)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Silverstone's going through hell this weekend isn't it? One feels for them, even if it turns out that the problems are self-inflicted. Fingers crossed that the Classic turns out to be an oasis of sunshine!
Yes. Hope it doesn't finish up giving BE an excuse to slag Silverstone off again!

Old 7 Jul 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3103216)   #50
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Amen to that from someone who is meant to be camping in the Woodlands site

Woodcote and Stirling Moss trophy entries are here http://www.motorracinglegends.com/