Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jul 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3108217)   #101
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Latest regarding Woodlands campsite

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/pa...13369_2880_476
Old 19 Jul 2012, 04:24 (Ref:3108353)   #102
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Latest regarding Woodlands campsite

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/pa...13369_2880_476
Thanks brands.
Have made the decision not to camp after all, but to say in a motel.
It may be 30 miles from Silverstone, but it will be so much more comfortable and I don't want to get covered in mud before I spend the day marshalling.
I appreciate that Woodlands will do everything they can and hope that the unseasonal warm weather, that is supposed to hit us, will help them a great deal, but I'm bringing the Ferrari and don't want to get it dirty..................It's a Fiat 500 really, but it's made by the same people,
Old 19 Jul 2012, 05:50 (Ref:3108376)   #103
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not surprised about that campsite news, as it was raining most of yesterday morning, and then after that stopped (fortunately we had everything under awning by then!) mid afternoon there was a thunderstorm that was intense enough to come through the tracks awning roof panels slide in.....

Bit more rain during the night but clear blue skies this morning, so can only hope more of that and less of the other stuff! My shades are packed somewhere....

Any tenthers who find themselves in the old / original / paddock we are first truck at Race Control end opposite garge 0.

Old 19 Jul 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3108411)   #104
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please getout there and blow the clouds away Mike. I'm leaving Civilisation at around noon, could do with sunshine there a couple of hours later for stand building. See you there!
Old 19 Jul 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3108444)   #105
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the weather app on my phone is faulty. Normally the 15 day information screen shows 2 rows of mostly dark grey/black dots. Today they are mostly yellow/orange. Very odd bug.

Mind you the rolling 24hr 'forecast' seems to have much the same conditions reported no matter which summary (summery?) icon is used.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3108604)   #106
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm the first to throw brickbats so let me throw a bouquet. The organisers have done a brilliant job with walkways in the retail area. You won't get your feet wet, so buy in confidence as we say on eBay!
Old 19 Jul 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3108628)   #107
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Latest news, from a mate who is in the campsite.
"It's better than feared after that email yesterday and much better than the mudfest that was the Cholmondeley camp field"

Car is packed and I'm about to head north for 3 days of classic motorsport
Old 19 Jul 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3108694)   #108
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Latest news, from a mate who is in the campsite.
"It's better than feared after that email yesterday and much better than the mudfest that was the Cholmondeley camp field"

Car is packed and I'm about to head north for 3 days of classic motorsport

Glad to hear! Has been dry and breezy today so should have helped. All testing, signing on and scrutineering accomplished so just a bit of racing to come now....

Old 19 Jul 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3108759)   #109
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just had a look at the Friday testing list and found this......

Nicholas Minassian Peugeot 905

Is this for real????????
Yep
Attached Thumbnails
038.jpg   039.jpg  
Old 19 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3108763)   #110
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
How did he faire against the T70?

Is that Pug really 20 years old?! Frightening....
Old 20 Jul 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3108997)   #111
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to go and see the Peugeot 905 but can't really justify spending £60 for it...

Do you think the organisers will do what happens at county cricket where after a certain time of the day they let you in for free?
Old 20 Jul 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3108999)   #112
midgetman
Veteran

Not tomorrow with the feature race at 8.35! Just endured a pretty big shower, sold a couple of brollies. Bring on more rain
Old 20 Jul 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3109004)   #113
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Not tomorrow with the feature race at 8.35! Just endured a pretty big shower, sold a couple of brollies. Bring on more rain
True...

Just to annoy me further I've just opened my window and I swear I can hear some of the cars practising.

Old 20 Jul 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3109010)   #114
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And doesn't the Peugeot look hideous in comparison to the Lola T70 Mk.IIIB?
Plus, it doesn't sound as nice!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3109102)   #115
XRS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex coast
XRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Listening in to Silverstone Radio and enjoying the atmosphere, but was wondering whether the live timing is available online, even a stream of the circuit TV?
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3109129)   #116
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live timming available from HSCC web site

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3109134)   #117
XRS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex coast
XRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got it thanks.

http://www.mstworld.com/timing/livet...tm?series=HSCC
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3109143)   #118
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
And doesn't the Peugeot look hideous in comparison to the Lola T70 Mk.IIIB?
Plus, it doesn't sound as nice!
You've gotten too old Clive I was at Le Mans when it won the race in 1992 and it sounded better than any T70 could even dream about. All we need is that Mazda, that was the nicest sounding car ever !
Old 20 Jul 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3109158)   #119
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Silverstone is much,much bigger
Old 20 Jul 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3109168)   #120
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
You've gotten too old Clive
I don't need reminding of that, thank you very much!

I loved the sound of the small block Chevy wound right up, but the best engine noise I ever heard was the Matra-Simca V12.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3109227)   #121
midgetman
Veteran

I remember the relief my ears felt every time the Mazda retired. The year it won was hell.

Is Delta here this year? I've seen Mike's truck but not Mike. Not seen many TBQH. Come and say hello tomoz pleez!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3109241)   #122
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I remember the relief my ears felt every time the Mazda retired. The year it won was hell.

Is Delta here this year? I've seen Mike's truck but not Mike. Not seen many TBQH. Come and say hello tomoz pleez!
We called the Mazda 'the light bulb' and hoped someone would switch it off!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3109244)   #123
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any practice / qualy times for other races yet??

CP
Old 20 Jul 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3109247)   #124
Wendy Wool
Rookie

Wendy Wool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike truck is probably the smartest in the paddock, he must have been trained by Ron Dennis, it is almost Rondel colours too

I am led to believe that Delta has gone to Spa to play.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3109248)   #125
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post
Any practice / qualy times for other races yet??

CP
This is constantly being updated through the weekend: http://www.mstworld.com/Results/2012/12207hsc.pdf