Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3436156)   #326
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
We know you do not like him but Alonso and Vettel are always screaming at each other ever since Monza 2011, it is not only Vettel. Do you think the same about Alonso then?
And Alonso never misses an opportunity to stick the knife into Vettel. Talking up Ricciardo is a subtle way of doing just that.

I think Vettel and Alonso were fantastic at Silverstone, I haven't seen F1 cars sit that close to each other for so long for a long time.

Ricciardo's fight was also fantastic, but I don't think it opens the door for any Vettel criticism.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3436222)   #327
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
What a contrast to the last round. Alonso and Vettel were in a great fight, when the spoilt brat starts to yell and scream like a little child. This round, Alonso in a similar battle with Ricciardo. There is no yelling, no screaming and no whining. Just pure racing. Finger boy should watch and learn how true drivers (with ability) respect each other and the art of racing. How this pathetic excuse for a F1 driver became a 4 time champion is beyond me. He sure did get lucky. Right time at the right place.

Fernando Alonso on his battle with Ricciardo: “He’s driving fantastically and today he was battling very smart – always taking the slipstream of me after I pass him and braking very late, attacking very late and never missing a corner.

“He was very, very smart, very respectful with the rules and it was a great fight.

“I think he’s doing unbelievable; I think he’s seven-three in the first ten races with Sebastian, so it’s something we probably didn’t suspect."
Wow, what must he have done to provoke such strong emotions?
Old 21 Jul 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3436228)   #328
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Wow, what must he have done to provoke such strong emotions?
Alonso loves any chance to take a dig at Sebastien Vettel. Alonso is supremely jealous at Vettel's 4 world titles and probably bitter about the 2009 championship. Would Vettel be a better driver in his eyes to have lost the world championship in the best car? I can't understand Alonso's issue.

Last edited by Articus; 21 Jul 2014 at 12:58.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3436230)   #329
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I do like DR.
He always seems so happy (OK, so he's got a naturally smiley face, but there's more to it than that). Out of the car he seems a genuinely nice guy who is really enjoying what he's doing (which is a refreshing change from the petulant/spoil brat attitude of some others), in the car he's prepared to race hard (but fair) with anyone & everyone. If what he says isn't natural, but generated PR speak, then I alo give him full marks for that too, because it all appears genuine!
Old 21 Jul 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3436393)   #330
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I do like DR.
He always seems so happy (OK, so he's got a naturally smiley face, but there's more to it than that). Out of the car he seems a genuinely nice guy who is really enjoying what he's doing (which is a refreshing change from the petulant/spoil brat attitude of some others), in the car he's prepared to race hard (but fair) with anyone & everyone. If what he says isn't natural, but generated PR speak, then I alo give him full marks for that too, because it all appears genuine!
He reminds me a bit of Jody Scheckter in a way?

No nonsense, straight talking, ever so slightly 'tapped' and you get the feeling will not let anything aggravate him.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3436397)   #331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmmm, did Jody never get aggravated? Perhaps only after he quit racing........
Old 21 Jul 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3436451)   #332
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I do like DR.
He is a breath of fresh air that's for sure!

If we were as quick as him we'd be smiling too!

Danni Ricc
Old 22 Jul 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3436592)   #333
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The longer Vettel struggles with this car the more it will appear that the blown diffuser cars were the perfect instrument for him and what he likes feel wise from a car.

Reading into what James Allen and Ted's notebooks are telling us about the rear end on entry and Vettel's ability to exploit the blown diffuser ; i cant help but think the harvesting and artificial feel of the brakes is also hindering him and his natural style.

Seems funny that the driving trait that allowed him to dominate and find that extra 5% the past few years is the reason why he is missing that little bit of pace in this year's car
Old 22 Jul 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3436618)   #334
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
The basic fact is, he's not as gifted (gifted, yes) as the other top drivers such as Alonso and Hamilton, and also Ricciardo either, who is quicker and a more accomplished "racer".
He wouldn't have won 4 titles with any of those others as a team-mate. You can argue that till the cows come home, but you'd be wasting your breath(or typing) with me.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3436624)   #335
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put Vettel in the current Ferrari and he would be way behind Raikkonen. Put him in the current Mercedes and Rosberg will be wiping the floor with him. Hell, put him in the Marussia and Chilton would be beating him. The fact that Vettel cannot adapt his driving to a 'different' car that isn't to his liking shows just how lucky he was at RBR - where Adrian Newey designed and built cars that suited his way of driving. And even then he got a run for his money by Webber who did not adapt to the blown diffuser as well as Vettel did. Webber would have taken one maybe two of those WDC's off him if it wasn't for RBR's 'controlling' ways, and preference towards the golden boy of RBR junior drivers.

And I'll say this. Even if Vettel get's a hold of the current car and he starts to finish on the podium later this season, it will still make no difference to my opinion that he just got lucky being at the right time at the right place to win the 4 WDC's. All the fan boi's will jump up and down saying 'Vettel's back', 'I told you so' etc., but the fact is, for this season so far, he has proven all the doubters correct. And the F1 world has seen the so called champion to be the true chump he is.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3436625)   #336
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Put Vettel in the current Ferrari and he would be way behind Raikkonen. Put him in the current Mercedes and Rosberg will be wiping the floor with him. Hell, put him in the Marussia and Chilton would be beating him. The fact that Vettel cannot adapt his driving to a 'different' car that isn't to his liking shows just how lucky he was at RBR - where Adrian Newey designed and built cars that suited his way of driving. And even then he got a run for his money by Webber who did not adapt to the blown diffuser as well as Vettel did. Webber would have taken one maybe two of those WDC's off him if it wasn't for RBR's 'controlling' ways, and preference towards the golden boy of RBR junior drivers.

And I'll say this. Even if Vettel get's a hold of the current car and he starts to finish on the podium later this season, it will still make no difference to my opinion that he just got lucky being at the right time at the right place to win the 4 WDC's. All the fan boi's will jump up and down saying 'Vettel's back', 'I told you so' etc., but the fact is, for this season so far, he has proven all the doubters correct. And the F1 world has seen the so called champion to be the true chump he is.
This is really becoming tedious. I don't know what Sebastian Vettel has done to you personally to cause you to continually pour out such vitriol about him but I suggest you get help.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3436660)   #337
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
321Go by your reasoning Vettel being beaten by his teammate means he's a crap driver, so I assume you think Hamilton is crap as well since he's been beaten by Button in the past, and so is Raikkonen and Hakkinen etc.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3436663)   #338
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think 'reasoning' is over stating it somewhat.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3436667)   #339
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what is this tomfoolery!
Old 22 Jul 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3436681)   #340
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is 321go the same guy that expresses his pro Senna and anti Schumacher sentiments completely out of context in every other F1 video on youtube?
Old 23 Jul 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3436846)   #341
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
321Go by your reasoning Vettel being beaten by his teammate means he's a crap driver, so I assume you think Hamilton is crap as well since he's been beaten by Button in the past, and so is Raikkonen and Hakkinen etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I think 'reasoning' is over stating it somewhat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
what is this tomfoolery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
This is really becoming tedious. I don't know what Sebastian Vettel has done to you personally to cause you to continually pour out such vitriol about him but I suggest you get help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Is 321go the same guy that expresses his pro Senna and anti Schumacher sentiments completely out of context in every other F1 video on youtube?
Wow, impressive ! That's what you get when you keep saying BS all the time.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3436873)   #342
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

It's 5 to 12.....
Old 23 Jul 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3436943)   #343
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

< Vettel fan boi's

Old 23 Jul 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3436988)   #344
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've disliked plenty of drivers before - Franchitti and Alonso to name a couple, but I realise they are both legends of the sport and respect them for it. To see Alonso now making Kimi look like a rookie just shows how good he is. Whincup's another I'm not a big fan of, but he is easily one of the best V8SC drivers ever.

But 321 your hatred of Vettel is getting really pathetic. Anyone new to the forum would think you're trolling, except you're not! Don't take it so much to heart. He's probably a nice bloke in real life. Not the spoilt brat rubbish you constantly spout. Alonso was even more guilty of the bad-mouthing during the Vettel/Alonso battle at the previous round when he started yelling that Vettel has to give the position up. That was a getting a bit pathetic.

But seriously, suggesting Chilton would be beating a 4 times champion in the same car is just plain dumb. Vettel is in the same league as Prost, Schumacher and Fangio.

The whole Vettel vs Ricciardo thing is not so relevant because it's clear Vettel isn't getting out of the car what he could the last 4 years. In fact he hasn't struggled this much in his entire career in F1. The car obviously doesn't suit him and he's not adapting. Put Vettel and Ricciardo against one another when they're both getting 100% out of the car, and it would be more interesting.

Ferrari is probably the same, Alonso's got that Ferrari perfect for him. Massa couldn't drive it, now Kimi can't either. He should have known going in if he was going to be able to adapt to the Ferrari or not. But still, the RB drivers are a lot closer together than the Ferrari drivers. Alonso is quite simply in another race to Kimi lately - Kimi's even slower than Massa was.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3436992)   #345
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari might as well get rid of Kimi and hire someone with a similar driving style to Alonso so they can share setups.

Either that or just take a risk and try someone like Bianchi. Someone with more enthusiasm for proving themselves, which I don't think Kimi or Massa had. Vettel obviously doesn't either, or he'd have done something about getting owned by Ricciardo this year.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3436993)   #346
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

< Vettel fan boi's

So.. Mr Vettel has won the last 4 WDCs... is that not enough of an achievement to at least acknowledge that success, and what it means in terms of the history of the sport, however begrudgingly.

I am not a fan of the way Mr Vettel presents himself to the world, seemingly hiding everything to do with his private life as well as being incredibly difficult to warm to... but the guy won 4 WDCs...

One WDC may be considered a fluke of the planets aligning... but 4... no way the same fluke can tick along all 4 times...!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Jul 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3437039)   #347
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Vettel is an awesome driver, luck or no luck, winning 4 WC is quite a feat, having the best car in the field certainly helps. Webber got thrashed by him all the time, there's no way that Mark was as quick as Sebastien, all the talk about Vettel getting favoured over Mark is complete poo, the simple fact was that Webber was not as quick as Vettel over the course of being team-mates with each other, although Webber did show a few glimpses of how quick he was, he really did get spanked by zee German.

I was wondering what the fuss was all about, and why they thought that Daniel Ricciardo wouldn't be as quick as people thought they were, branding him just a one lap qualifier, now that they've seen how much of a racer he can be when put into that situation, like the German Grand Prix, where he had to from 15th and salvage a few places through awesome driving, people are starting to realise this guy has great race craft, he's had it since he starting karting!

Now that his got a good car/team behind him, and an even better team mate, he can now thrive on trying to show the world what he's capable of doing, and so far has impressed many on how he's put himself out there, on track and off it, he is a genuinely nice guy, but how bout his racing? he's out qualifying and outracing Vettel atm, and he is very quick, now that Vettel's got a good team mate to go toe to toe with, he'll have his work cut out for the remainder of the season, I bet he's wishing Webber never left now.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3437059)   #348
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i disagree - ricciardo hasn't always had great racecraft. vergne had him stuffed on that in the non-f1 stuff and into his early career but he's been very very good in the red bull so either he's getting the hang of it or red bull racing are far better at making up for it in the pitstops and strategy decisions.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3437065)   #349
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i disagree - ricciardo hasn't always had great racecraft. vergne had him stuffed on that in the non-f1 stuff and into his early career but he's been very very good in the red bull so either he's getting the hang of it or red bull racing are far better at making up for it in the pitstops and strategy decisions.
Exactly right. Ricciardo was kept very honest by JEV in STR and JEV had the measure of him the lower formulae. Something's definitely clicked with Ricciardo with this year's RBR and he's doing exceptionally well.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3437075)   #350
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So.. Mr Vettel has won the last 4 WDCs... is that not enough of an achievement to at least acknowledge that success, and what it means in terms of the history of the sport, however begrudgingly.

I am not a fan of the way Mr Vettel presents himself to the world, seemingly hiding everything to do with his private life as well as being incredibly difficult to warm to... but the guy won 4 WDCs...

One WDC may be considered a fluke of the planets aligning... but 4... no way the same fluke can tick along all 4 times...!
Like Lewis Hamilton then when EX buddy let him past on the last corner?

(Btw i believe Lewis's title was a fluke and hes over rated)