Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3437081)   #351
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's still early days and if/when Vettel adapts to the car, I'm sure the steamroller will pick up where it left off.

One think this season has shown us however is that Vettel isn't quite Schumacher 2. The fact Schumacher (in his first career) utterly destroyed every team mate across different teams, car technologies etc... demonstrates just how special he was... and there may not be another like him for a generation.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3437110)   #352
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i disagree - ricciardo hasn't always had great racecraft. vergne had him stuffed on that in the non-f1 stuff and into his early career but he's been very very good in the red bull so either he's getting the hang of it or red bull racing are far better at making up for it in the pitstops and strategy decisions.
if you look at the times that he sets, they are much quicker and more consistent then Vettel, but you prob won't bother checking cause your not a fan of Ricciardo

he has actually, Ricciardo and Vergne were driving similar machinery before making it to the top and Daniel came out on top of him, also note that Ricciardo always qualified quicker then Jean and made it into Q3 many times, so he had to use an extra set of tires for the race, it's good that RBR chose Ricciardo because he's a better overall racer then Jean Eric Vergne, he seems to be struggling to beat his rookie team mate this year.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3437140)   #353
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
It's still early days and if/when Vettel adapts to the car, I'm sure the steamroller will pick up where it left off.

One think this season has shown us however is that Vettel isn't quite Schumacher 2. The fact Schumacher (in his first career) utterly destroyed every team mate across different teams, car technologies etc... demonstrates just how special he was... and there may not be another like him for a generation.
We best not go over all this again. Oh dear I can't resist!!

For me it's far clearer that the guy was only able to do what he did with inferior teammates/rivals and vastly superior equipment to the rest of the field in all but possibly 2or 3 of his title years!!!!

Vettel similarly made the most of a major advantage as are Nico and Lewis this year.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3437141)   #354
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
if you look at the times that he sets, they are much quicker and more consistent then Vettel, but you prob won't bother checking cause your not a fan of Ricciardo

he has actually, Ricciardo and Vergne were driving similar machinery before making it to the top and Daniel came out on top of him, also note that Ricciardo always qualified quicker then Jean and made it into Q3 many times, so he had to use an extra set of tires for the race, it's good that RBR chose Ricciardo because he's a better overall racer then Jean Eric Vergne, he seems to be struggling to beat his rookie team mate this year.
qualifying =/= the race. this has ALWAYS been my point. vergne is a far far more natural, aggressive racer. he has never been particularly good at just driving the car quickly, he's a racing driver. ricciardo has always been faster over a single lap but worse in races. and up until this season it's been that way. but what i'm impressed about is that he's now racing far far better, perhaps because he has less work to do gaining ground, he just has to drive quickly? he deserves all the praise he's been getting this year though. his win was textbook excellence.

but you're a ricciardo fanboy, so you've just decided i'm as stubborn in my jev fangirling as you are in your ricciardo fanboying. sadly for you, not the case
Old 23 Jul 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3437145)   #355
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
For me it's far clearer that the guy was only able to do what he did with inferior teammates/rivals and vastly superior equipment to the rest of the field in all but possibly 2or 3 of his title years!!!!
This doesn't really explain how he out performed the Torro Rosso before his Red Bull career began.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3437153)   #356
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
qualifying =/= the race. this has ALWAYS been my point. vergne is a far far more natural, aggressive racer. he has never been particularly good at just driving the car quickly, he's a racing driver. ricciardo has always been faster over a single lap but worse in races. and up until this season it's been that way. but what i'm impressed about is that he's now racing far far better, perhaps because he has less work to do gaining ground, he just has to drive quickly? he deserves all the praise he's been getting this year though. his win was textbook excellence.

but you're a ricciardo fanboy, so you've just decided i'm as stubborn in my jev fangirling as you are in your ricciardo fanboying. sadly for you, not the case
nope I'm just stating facts lol, if he was the far more natural aggressive driver why isn't in he in that Redbull now? RBR know a lot more then you and I do my friend

Daniel has always been more aggressive, but he races smartly, unlike Vergne who caused a few crashes because of pushing too hard in his Toro Rosso when he didn't need to, also the fact that he made it into Q3 meant he had to use an extra set of tires, which would cause him to be behind Vergne before the race even starts.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3437164)   #357
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being an aggressive driver is not what's needed these days with the tyres. Far better to have a smoother driver who can bring the car home and look after the tyres whilst still being able to do competitive times and race without locking up and ruining the tyres. It's a shame that that's how it is but i'd much rather we see pit stop strategy play a part than someone being able to do the whole GP on one set of tyres.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 04:57 (Ref:3437201)   #358
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Oh well it looks like McLaren and Mercedes think that Seb is a worthwhile investment:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28555.html
Old 24 Jul 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3437275)   #359
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
nope I'm just stating facts lol, if he was the far more natural aggressive driver why isn't in he in that Redbull now? RBR know a lot more then you and I do my friend
please don't patronise me. it's not a good look...

you're confusing your terms and descriptions. and as you say, it's not as simple as who's the better racer. if you're a racer the place to be is endurance. if you're a driver, f1 is perfect.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3437282)   #360
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Like Lewis Hamilton then when EX buddy let him past on the last corner?

(Btw i believe Lewis's title was a fluke and hes over rated)

You're mixing up Glock and Sutil as well as missing the point of that race.

Re: Vettel and Ricciardo, might it just be possible that they're both very good?
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3437285)   #361
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Re: Vettel and Ricciardo, might it just be possible that they're both very good?
don't be silly we can't have that kind of logical thought in here, didn't you know one driver is ALWAYS better than another?
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3437286)   #362
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
please don't patronise me. it's not a good look...

you're confusing your terms and descriptions. and as you say, it's not as simple as who's the better racer. if you're a racer the place to be is endurance. if you're a driver, f1 is perfect.
here is the proof that Ricciardo had it over Vergne, look at all the times he out qualified/raced the Frenchman in their time together as team-mates:

http://grandprixrankings.com/compare...versus-vergne/

http://grandprixrankings.com/compare...versus-vergne/

the numbers don't lie...

"If Daniel, who at the moment is doing better than me, is running alongside Sebastian Vettel, it will show the quality of the young (development) drivers of Red Bull.'' Jean Eric Vergne thought's on who's the more superior driver
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3437287)   #363
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love it when people offer "proof" that one driver is better than another.

It is always, without exception, nonsense.

Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3437290)   #364
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i love aussie fanboying. it's so dedicated and relentless, it's really something to behold.

the only other people you see so rabidly defensive are bieber fans
Old 24 Jul 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3437297)   #365
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
don't be silly we can't have that kind of logical thought in here, didn't you know one driver is ALWAYS better than another?
Old 24 Jul 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3437310)   #366
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
i love aussie fanboying. it's so dedicated and relentless, it's really something to behold.

Mark 'Potsie' Webber is better than all of them!

Go Potsie!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Jul 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3437326)   #367
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
We best not go over all this again. Oh dear I can't resist!!

Vettel similarly made the most of a major advantage as are Nico and Lewis this year.
Revelation of the day goes to James. He's discovered that all formula one drivers are crap, even the so called good ones. It's all been down to vastly superior equipment and we never even noticed. Well spotted James !
Old 24 Jul 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3437466)   #368
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:

truth hurts when the facts come out Daniel Ricciardo is the fastest F1 Driver of ALL time.

Old 24 Jul 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3437480)   #369
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er... No. Not even close.

He's good. But he's not [insert your preferred daemon fast driver here].
Old 24 Jul 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3437508)   #370
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
[insert your preferred daemon fast driver here].
Taki Inoue?

Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3437670)   #371
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Mark Webber ?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3437682)   #372
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
[insert your preferred damon fast driver here].
Hill?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3437684)   #373
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sebastian Vettel?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3437689)   #374
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Yuji Ide?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3437693)   #375
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
I don't think Ricciardo wants to emulate anyone tbh