Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jan 2001, 08:40 (Ref:60569)   #1
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
slurp, drool...

Check out this Supertouring lookalike!!!!! I wish I won the lottery yesterday!!!! Then,I would also buy that Esso Ultron Peugeot 406 lookalike!!!

http://www.schmidt-gemert.nl/auto/auto0.html
Old 27 Jan 2001, 09:16 (Ref:60571)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is that thing road legal?!?!
Old 27 Jan 2001, 09:18 (Ref:60572)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And I wish you luck for tonight. IT COULD BE YOU. Come on everybody wish him luck
Old 27 Jan 2001, 14:44 (Ref:60624)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck mate. I tell you what, if i win well start our own team up!
Old 27 Jan 2001, 16:17 (Ref:60635)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Is this the link you meant, Mr Chow? If it is supposed to be an 'Esso Ultron Peugeot 406 lookalike', they did a pretty poor job. It looks more like a Volvo to me!

The car shown (Volvo, not Peugeot!) is a showroom mock-up only, has no engine, 'box, exhaust, wiring, even the suspension is blocked at that height - no springs, just aluminium tubes set at 'LOW'! In fact, it's set too low; the bodywork rubs everywhere, and if it ever turned a wheel in anger, the smoke would fill the track!!

This very car came to a Local Volvo dealership and I crawled all over it. The very pompous salesman came over and tried to tell me that it was THE car I had probably seen win the weekend before, and I proceeded to tell him about fifty reasons why I knew it wasn't - starting with the 18-inch long 'racing' exhaust bolted to the back valance!!

He wasn't very pleased!!

There are plenty of 'real' ST's out there, and much better value.

I'm with the Shuntman, myself. Win, and we'll launch an assault in Europe!!
Old 27 Jan 2001, 17:35 (Ref:60643)   #6
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Whu Europe-how about a combined assault on the ETCC and the BTCC. Think of a good name for the team?!
Old 27 Jan 2001, 18:08 (Ref:60646)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Flying Pig Racing
Old 27 Jan 2001, 18:33 (Ref:60653)   #8
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sparky wrote:

>Is this the link you meant, Mr Chow? If it is supposed to
>be an 'Esso Ultron Peugeot 406 lookalike', they did a >pretty poor job. It looks more like a Volvo to me!
>
Yes, it's the link I meant. But recall below, I wrote
"I would ALSO BUY that Esso Ultron Peugeot 406 lookalike!!!"

In other words, instead of buying just a single Ferrari or Porsche that a "typical" lottery winner would "supposedly" buy after winning a multi-million dollar/pound/deutschemark lottery, I would buy myself 2 or 3 ST lookalikes!!!

It would be MUCH MORE SATISFYING to me!!! Biased and stubborn Supertouring fan ain't I???

>The car shown (Volvo, not Peugeot!) is a showroom mock-up >only, has no engine, 'box, exhaust, wiring, even the >suspension is blocked at that height
>
I was not aware of those facts. That could explain why there isnt even an asking price listed though. It would make a very expensive and BIG living room ornament/decoration!!

At least the Peugeot is street legal and works. It's selling for something like that 13K pounds recently!!! About $30K for us Canadians!

But sadly,my $10M set of lottery numbers didn't come up a few nights ago.

Oh well, I can always dream!!! =)

Old 31 Jan 2001, 16:22 (Ref:61360)   #9
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just one question guys,

If you do start your own team up,
which manufacturer will you use and the drivers?
Old 31 Jan 2001, 19:20 (Ref:61415)   #10
hunttheshunt
Veteran

The drivers would obviously be myself and mr.kmchow! As for the manufacturer, with drivers like those two they would be queing up so i guess it would be who offered us the highest salary.
Old 1 Feb 2001, 07:58 (Ref:61585)   #11
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about Rydell as the third driver and me as the fourth?