Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jun 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3094158)   #1
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Panoz DP09?

Hello there! New for this forum.

Anyway:
Has anyone got an idea of whats happening with the Panoz DP09 SF cars now when Superleague Formula apparently is down? Although Auto GP now got the former A1GP cars, wouldn't it be better if they got the former SF cars instead with those mighty V12s?
Old 18 Jun 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3094166)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
interesting idea, but i seem to recall from the dim and distant past that the superleague car was a bit of a dinosaur, was slow to react and about as far opposite to something like gp2 as it's possible to get in terms of handling. it's based on a far older chassis so perhaps there's bigger crash test issues too?
Old 18 Jun 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3094188)   #3
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
interesting idea, but i seem to recall from the dim and distant past that the superleague car was a bit of a dinosaur, was slow to react and about as far opposite to something like gp2 as it's possible to get in terms of handling. it's based on a far older chassis so perhaps there's bigger crash test issues too?
Yeah! I think the DP09 was actually based on the DP01 so there wouldn't be a surprise if it was slow to react.
IMO, the best would be if Auto GP got the old 2008- Gp2 cars and with the SF v12s.

I just can't stand these new F1 cars (2009-) and GP2 cars (2011-). They honestly look like **** in my opinion, with those weird looking wings!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3094212)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, i agree entirely. they look absolutely pants, genuinely don't understand why gp2 *have* to look the same as f1 cars. maybe if they look better and continue to race on the same bill it'll wind bernie up or something

the superleague cars did sound really naughty, but i'm not sure how the weight of the v12 compares to the v8s used at the moment in autogp and fr3.5?
Old 18 Jun 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3094239)   #5
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Yeah, You can really see the difference in this image:

Even though the 2006-2008 F1 cars looked less good than the 2004-2006 cars with those winglets, Since 2009 they have looked butt ugly!!!

Really happy that WSBR didn't take influence to their new car from F1!
Old 18 Jun 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3094485)   #6
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember that the Menard V12 was expensive run and it was one of the reasons for a bit higher running costs. From what I remember, the car itself was fairly bullet proof design w/o many fancy components, but the price for this glorious noise was high You have to check with the teams, but I enjoyed the car and surely drivers would love to taste the power of this V12 engine. It is very different compared to GP2, but GP2 itself is very different to F1, so it doesn't matter as long as the drivers learn to handle these beasts and show their race craft in them.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3094534)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No word yet on what is going to happen to Superleague or it's remnants such as the cars.

Personally I always enjoyed the racing and the cars themselves with the Panoz chassis.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3094787)   #8
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the dubious looking attempt at reviving A1GP has anything to do with these.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3094800)   #9
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
No word yet on what is going to happen to Superleague or it's remnants such as the cars.

Personally I always enjoyed the racing and the cars themselves with the Panoz chassis.
I agree, the football tie in was not my favourite idea but the racing was fantastic.

One thing I did like was the complete grid reverse format. Sometimes it wasn't quite as exciting as it should of been but often gave some great passes from the quicker guys.

Standing on Pilgrims drop or the exit of dingle dell at Brands Hatch with these screaming* past is an experience I will never forget and don't think I will ever get to see again. My camcorder recordings will give me great memories though. Like the lola aston martin, I was glad to see it while I could.

* Screaming being a codeword for nearly making my head explode.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3094802)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Standing on Pilgrims drop or the exit of dingle dell at Brands Hatch with these screaming* past is an experience I will never forget and don't think I will ever get to see again. My camcorder recordings will give me great memories though. Like the lola aston martin, I was glad to see it while I could.

* Screaming being a codeword for nearly making my head explode.
yeah, they were outrageous weren't they i think they blew my phone apart when i tried to record them ended up seeing them at quite a few circuits in 2009, and zolder was as epic as brands. sheer muppetry to have cars that big on a circuit that narrow around the foresty bit but wow.

aesthetics wise the cars were beautifully proportioned, which for me is the biggest thing wrong with the gp2 and f1 cars now. fr3.5 - as marcus shows in that photo earlier in the thread - have at least retained a degree of proportions and every part of the car seems to match, even the silly front wing. f1 cars are design by committee, and gp2 are imitations of design by committee so no wonder it's gone wrong
Old 19 Jun 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3094811)   #11
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I ever get my firewire port working I shall gladly share my memories

I agree about the aesthetics though, they were quite simple in looks compared to other formula cars but still good looking. The F3.5 car is definitely one of the better looking examples running now as well.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3095982)   #12
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Marcus666, you better ask Mr Webb. Get ready to find out what you’re made of. Because to survive on the single seater top league ranking, you better be fearless.