Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Jun 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3100028)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bloodhound SSC

'National & International Single Seaters' was as close as I could get for the right forum.
Does anyone know when Andy 'Balls of Steel' Green is going to fire this monster up? I can't find a date but maybe that's because there isn't one yet. I would love to see and hear this.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3100271)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
'National & International Single Seaters' was as close as I could get for the right forum.
Does anyone know when Andy 'Balls of Steel' Green is going to fire this monster up? I can't find a date but maybe that's because there isn't one yet. I would love to see and hear this.
Andy was interviewed on pg 120 in the AUG 12 issue of "Car &Driver" magazine (US). The article (What i'd do differently) was not available online when I looked.

"Running for the record on S.Africa's Hakskeen Pan in 2013/2014. Course will be 12 miles long. 1kmph in four miles. Air brakes and two parachutes. Only one will be necessary."

Old 6 Jul 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3103060)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw the car on display at Goodwood. It's MASSIVE. It needs a Cosworth F1 engine as the fuel pump. Amazing machine... will definitely be following the progress of this project!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3103204)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They will not be the first to go for the record there are 6 other projects on the go at the moment...
Old 7 Jul 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3103484)   #5
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
They will not be the first to go for the record there are 6 other projects on the go at the moment...
Having said that they are by far the most credible effort, they have run the project in an impressively rational and structured way from both an engineering and business standpoint and the core of the team is Richard Noble, Andy Green and Ron Ayres, all carried over from Thrust SSC.

As an aside I love the story Ron Ayres (transonic aerodynamic expert) tells of how he only got on board with Thrust SSC to prove a supersonic car was impossible and so save the team from killing anybody trying it, only to find that the more he worked on the project the more he came round to the view that it really could be done and ultimately designed the layout of thrust SSC the first, and so far only, supersonic car.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3103651)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were a batch of projects around the time of SSC too, all evaporated. I need to start seeing some testing, from all including Bloodhound, to really believe. I agree Bloodhound is credible.